test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO's Faction Alignment Lore

kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
First of all, I'm not sure if this goes here or in general discussion, but since I feel like this is an open and honest question, I will start here.

Second of all, Many MANY spoilers to anyone who has not finished all of the campaign missions, the Romulan Reputation arc, and are at least familiar with the happenings on Nukara and Defera.

I've been trying to organize the various factions in lore that we have here. Figuring out who they are, what they want and how they feel about everyone else. This is what I got so far. So if someone can fill in the blanks for me and maybe we can pin this somewhere for convenience sake.

We have

The Romulan Republic who are allies with both the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire. The Klingons are at War with the Federation because they are accusing them of having shapeshifters in leadership positions.. and because Klingons will be Klingons.

The Klingon Empire has made protectorates of Gorn Hegemony, bought out the Orion
Syndicate, and hired out the Nausicaans. And somehow, even with Houses fighting Houses, they are still a major political power and a force to be reckoned with.

The Tal Shiar are the remains of the now shattered Romulan Empire, and their intelligence agency. They are under the command of Empress Sela who is now MIA as far as we know. They are working to reclaim their former empire, as well as advance the agenda of.... Something sinister *cough*Iconians*cough*

The Tal Shiar has made a pact with the Hirogen. In exchange for their services, the Hirogen get technology and access to the "best Hunting grounds".

The Borg, however evil they are, have been rudely kicked out of their hibernation by the Undine. Thus, the Borg are doing an all out assault on the Vega colony in order to make a foothold in the Alpha Quadrant. The Undine, in return, are, or were, infiltrating the highest ranks of the Federation, the Gorn Hegemony, the Romulan Tal Shiar, and everywhere until the Devs got bored :confused:

Then, the Tholians cam along and started messing stuff up on Nukara, for Mirror Universe tech, New Romulus for access to the secret Iconian gateway down there, and Azure Nebula because reasons. :confused: Also, somewhat hinted they are working for someone nefarious as well.

Now, on top of this Stellar Political TRIBBLE storm, we have the Elachi, which are doing things, in place, for reasons.... :confused:

Someone want to help me out here???
Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
Post edited by kyeto13 on

Comments

• mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    First of all, I'm not sure if this goes here or in general discussion, but since I feel like this is an open and honest question, I will start here.

Second of all, Many MANY spoilers to anyone who has not finished all of the campaign missions, the Romulan Reputation arc, and are at least familiar with the happenings on Nukara and Defera.

I've been trying to organize the various factions in lore that we have here. Figuring out who they are, what they want and how they feel about everyone else. This is what I got so far. So if someone can fill in the blanks for me and maybe we can pin this somewhere for convenience sake.

We have

The Romulan Republic who are allies with both the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire. The Klingons are at War with the Federation because they are accusing them of having shapeshifters in leadership positions.. and because Klingons will be Klingons.

The Klingon Empire has made protectorates of Gorn Hegemony, bought out the Orion
    Syndicate, and hired out the Nausicaans. And somehow, even with Houses fighting Houses, they are still a major political power and a force to be reckoned with.

The Tal Shiar are the remains of the now shattered Romulan Empire, and their intelligence agency. They are under the command of Empress Sela who is now MIA as far as we know. They are working to reclaim their former empire, as well as advance the agenda of.... Something sinister *cough*Iconians*cough*

The Tal Shiar has made a pact with the Hirogen. In exchange for their services, the Hirogen get technology and access to the "best Hunting grounds".

The Borg, however evil they are, have been rudely kicked out of their hibernation by the Undine. Thus, the Borg are doing an all out assault on the Vega colony in order to make a foothold in the Alpha Quadrant. The Undine, in return, are, or were, infiltrating the highest ranks of the Federation, the Gorn Hegemony, the Romulan Tal Shiar, and everywhere until the Devs got bored :confused:

Then, the Tholians cam along and started messing stuff up on Nukara, for Mirror Universe tech, New Romulus for access to the secret Iconian gateway down there, and Azure Nebula because reasons. :confused: Also, somewhat hinted they are working for someone nefarious as well.

Now, on top of this Stellar Political TRIBBLE storm, we have the Elachi, which are doing things, in place, for reasons.... :confused:

Someone want to help me out here???

"Doing things in places for reasons?" They were hired by the Iconians, but for what purpose, we do not yet know.

And the Tholians were in the Azure Nebula because it is an area where they can more easily create rifts and things. Again, we don't know why, but we do know that.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not to mention the Terran Empire from the Mirror Universe, who hate everybody. And for some weird reason the Tholians seem to have a particular hate for them. I'm not versed enough in the lore to be able to tell you what the connection is.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/