test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Number of Bridge Officers

michlomichlo Member Posts: 95 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
Hail,

I've had a look and whilst there does seem to be quite a few threads on Bridge officers, I can't find if there is a benefit to filling all of our available slots.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but apart from the ones we have set to stations and / or away teams, is there a benefit to filling up the other slots please?

Cheers.
Post edited by michlo on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Versatility. For example, two sets of tactical boffs for your ship for single target and AOE, a science officer with two tacyon beams for clearing buffs on the CE, or a different healer for fighting Borg. Can even go so far as having a full second set of boffs if you want to switch to a cruiser sometimes (if you're silver, this would probably require buying a few extra slots).
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have some 12 or 14 boffs on some characters.

Those characters also have various fully outfitted ships ready for action.

The combination makes it really easy to switch ships and tactics :)
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And ground-wise, it allows you to tailor your away team to the enemies you'll be fighting without having to completely switch out equipment.

Going after Borg? Time to use the BOffs with the Fractal Remodulators equipped and the various kinds of weapons.

Klingons? Take the team with Disruptor-resistant shields.

And so forth...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    michlo wrote: »
    Hail,

I've had a look and whilst there does seem to be quite a few threads on Bridge officers, I can't find if there is a benefit to filling all of our available slots.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but apart from the ones we have set to stations and / or away teams, is there a benefit to filling up the other slots please?

Cheers.
    As an above poster mentioned, versatility.

For example:-
    2x boffs for cannon rapid fire and attack patterns for dealing with players and bosses
    2x boffs for cannon scatter volley and attack patterns for dealing with multiple enemies
    2x boffs for FAW with attack patterns for a beam boat
    Boff for torp powers
    Boff with hazard emitters and transfer shield strength when dealing with every day foes
    Boff with sci team and hazard emitters for dealing with SNB using foes
    Boff with shield healing powers
    Boff focused on emergency power to weapons and directed energy modulation
    Boff with extend shields and aux to sif when needing to heal allies (Starbase Blockade)
    Boff with Charged Particle Burst & viral matrix for dealing with cloakers.

The list grows each time you change ship and each time you do something that needs a slightly different setup to be the most effective.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    kriskniveskrisknives Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What is the maximum number of slots you can buy?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I believe the maximum number of Boffs is 56 and that you can buy 22 pairs of Boff slots.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    kriskniveskrisknives Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, that is a lot of officers. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To actually answer the OP's question, no. Filling those slots does not give you any direct benefit. As others have said, you load those with alternate BOffs that you might slot in different builds or circumstances.
  • Options
    michlomichlo Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ah, thank you everyone.

Of course! That makes sense. :)

Cheers.