test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

defense value with rommy bo don't stack anymore

neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
yep, since last patch the defense don't stack, while it should be.
the patch note stated that only the stealth value will not stack anymore but not the defense value.
however my defense value drop of 7% since only 1 romulan is taken into account now.
players, check your stats
cryptic! well....check them too.
Post edited by neo1nx on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Was mentioned as an issue before the patch went live. Was bug reported the moment the patch went live. Haven't seen a thing from Cryptic on it in response...
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Was mentioned as an issue before the patch went live. Was bug reported the moment the patch went live. Haven't seen a thing from Cryptic on it in response...

Yeah, pretty much.

I've posted it a couple of times, not even an acknowledgement of it.
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if it matters. Everyone lost equal amount of defense, everyone pops faster :D

kkthx5groupinstavape
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a bug. Space traits should stack. I'll take a look at what went wrong and try to stop similar things from going wrong in the future. We're super busy working hard on Season 8 at the moment, so we may miss some messages and posts about issues.

While I'm at it, yes, Traits aren't super exciting choices for BOffs at the moment, and I think that's a problem. We have a lot of debt to pay off on Bridge Officers in general. As a general rule, Space Traits should stack on BOffs so that you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like. At the same time, we need viable Space Traits on all species so that, once again, you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We're super busy working hard on Season 8 at the moment, so we may miss some messages and posts about issues.

Understood, that wasn't really aimed at systems (my comment) it was something posted on the test server bug forums.

While I'm at it, yes, Traits aren't super exciting choices for BOffs at the moment, and I think that's a problem. We have a lot of debt to pay off on Bridge Officers in general. As a general rule, Space Traits should stack on BOffs so that you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like. At the same time, we need viable Space Traits on all species so that, once again, you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like.

All good news.

I'd love to be able to un-retire my Feds at some point :P
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a bug. Space traits should stack. I'll take a look at what went wrong and try to stop similar things from going wrong in the future. We're super busy working hard on Season 8 at the moment, so we may miss some messages and posts about issues.

I see no issue with that Hawk, but I do want to flat out say that if we are going to keep Romulans in SuperCrit mode, we need to give all feds and klingons that arent romulans something that can compare... such as

Feds: Superior Space Targeting - +2% Accuracy
    KDF: Superior Space Firepower - +2% damage (to all damage types)

And the regular and basic forms of the above on greens and blues and what have you. AND these boffs CANNOT be used by romulan characters or the opposing faction.

Because right now, there is no reason to not run a romulan. Most of our fed and KDF characters can simply not keep up with the power of a fully geared and specced romulan with 5x SROs
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a bug. Space traits should stack.
    You mean except for the +stealth and the +hull regen traits that you intentionally made non-stacking?

Why does the system have to be so convoluted? Bring the values in line so that every trait works okay if you have 5 of it; don't make special rules for everything so that in the end nobody knows whether it's a bug or a feature. Or alternatively make all traits non-stacking to promote Boff diversity.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I see no issue with that Hawk, but I do want to flat out say that if we are going to keep Romulans in SuperCrit mode, we need to give all feds and klingons that arent romulans something that can compare... such as

Feds: Superior Space Targeting - +2% Accuracy
    KDF: Superior Space Firepower - +2% damage (to all damage types)

And the regular and basic forms of the above on greens and blues and what have you. AND these boffs CANNOT be used by romulan characters or the opposing faction.

Because right now, there is no reason to not run a romulan. Most of our fed and KDF characters can simply not keep up with the power of a fully geared and specced romulan with 5x SROs

Agreed. If STO was Star Trek the entire alpha quadrant would be speaking romulan :)
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    excellent news, about all species space traits at least being on the back burner
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2013

Should have viable Space Traits on all species, but we don't.

No offense, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. At least, not for space traits that are on par with what Romulan/Reman boffs offer. It'd have to be more than the accuracy/damage boosts that are mentioned by rylanadionysis.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    You mean except for the +stealth and the +hull regen traits that you intentionally made non-stacking?

Why does the system have to be so convoluted? Bring the values in line so that every trait works okay if you have 5 of it; don't make special rules for everything so that in the end nobody knows whether it's a bug or a feature. Or alternatively make all traits non-stacking to promote Boff diversity.

Well, we knew that it was a feature when the +Def was added back when the +Stealth was changed in March. We knew the +Stealth was bugged at some point after LoR because it had been changed back in March. We knew the +Def was bugged with this patch because the notes said it was still supposed to stack.

As far as stacking/non-stacking in general, I'd lean toward stacking personally - it actually provides more choices as long as there are choices. It's along the lines of consoles on ships - you slot certain things as long as you're getting more out of them than you are something else for a particular build.

No, it's not new player friendly - but that's why there are other players - to provide guides to make such things more new player friendly...
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013

So glad to see this. Easily the best response on Boff traits I've ever read from a dev. I hope the ground traits will also be addressed as part of this.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So glad to see this. Easily the best response on Boff traits I've ever read from a dev. I hope the ground traits will also be addressed as part of this.

What is wrong with Ground Traits?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Someone please go over the first till the last patchnote that contains a fix towards subterfuge/operative boffs and make a summary.

first notes when embassy got released.

It should be fun to see how much time they wasted on fixing the boffs.. rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What is wrong with Ground Traits?

They're not exciting? I mean yeah, they're useful but I don't get excited on seeing my ground BOFFs traits. Hell, I don't even look at them unless they're on a unique BOFF like the Photonic MACO or something.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Someone please go over the first till the last patchnote that contains a fix towards subterfuge/operative boffs and make a summary.

first notes when embassy got released.

It should be fun to see how much time they wasted on fixing the boffs.. rofl

Release Notes: November 13, 2012 (Season 7: New Romulus) - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6522551
    The fleet system has been expanded and players will now have a new Romulan Embassy holding to progress through.

Release Notes: December 13, 2012 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7059171
    Resolved the issue that incorrectly allowed Romulan Bridge Officers to have their costumes changed.

Release Notes: December 21, 2012 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7146251
    The different ranks of Covert Operative now have different display names.

Release Notes: January 17, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7512111
    Race-specific Bridge Officer traits should now work as intended.
    - This includes the following:
    -- Subterfuge
    -- Covert Operative

Release Notes: January 24, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7612851
    Fixed a bug where Bridge Officers with the Covert Operative trait were decreasing the cooldown of abilities other than Cloak.

Release Notes: February 14, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8041121
    Updated Romulan Traits:
    - Renamed the Covert Operative traits to Romulan Operative to avoid it being confused with the "Covert" trait.
    - The Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits now can stack with themselves if the player has multiple Bridge Officers with the same trait.
    -- For example, having two officers with Romulan Operative will now provide the combined bonuses from both officers.
    - Decreased the critical hit chance provided by the Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits to 1%, 1.5%, and 2%, respectively.
    - The Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits now also provide a slight increase to critical severity.
    -- The increases are 2.5%, 3.75%, and 5% Critical Severity, respectively.

Release Notes: March 13, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8574281
    Space Stealth and Cloaking Updates:
    - The Subterfuge Trait no longer provides a percentage-based increase, but instead provides a large increase to the "Starship Stealth" skill of their captain.
    -- +100 / +150 / +200 for ranks 1, 2, and 3, respectively.
    - All ranks of the Subterfuge Trait have gained a Defense bonus.
    -- +1.25% / +2.5% / +3.75% for ranks 1, 2, and 3, respectively.
    - The Stealth Bonus and Ambush Bonus from having multiple Bridge Officers with Subterfuge does not stack, but the Defense bonus will.

Updated the description for the Subterfuge trait.
    - This is a text change only.

Release Notes: April 4, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9015211
    Updated Bridge Officers with Subterfuge:
    - Resolved an issue where having multiple Bridge Officers with Subterfuge, Basic Subterfuge, or Superior Subterfuge was stacking improperly.
    - Using a Bridge Officer with Subterfuge on a ship using Enhanced Battle Cloak will no longer result in the ship no longer decloaking while it fires.
    - Resolved an issue in the description of the Bridge Officer Subterfuge traits that was causing them to display an inaccurate tooltip in stores.

Release Notes: June 20, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10915911
    Romulan Captains now have access to a series of "Bridge Officer Applicant" Recruitment assignments which can reward Romulan or Reman Bridge Officer candidates of Green or better quality depending on the outcome.
    - These assignments will only appear in Tau Dewa Sector, New Romulus Command, and are not common.

Release Notes: July 25, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11568951
    Subterfuge:
    - Mind Drain can no longer be used from cloak without breaking cloak.

Release Notes: October 3, 2013 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12672871
    Subterfuge
    - The Stealth bonus granted no longer stacks.
    - Only the highest bonus will apply.
    - The Defense bonus still stacks.

And then whatever release notes arrive for the +Def not stacking...
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits now also provide a slight increase to critical severity.

Still gotta love that quote, a "Slight increase" in that... it completely unbalances the game by itself, it should be like .2% crit increase. lol

But hey! They know what is best for game balance right.......... right?

When do I get my 4.75% accuracy space trait boffs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rom boffs would be good enough with just the crit chance boost.

But even after the fix they still will buff, defense, crit chance, and decrease cloak time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]