test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boff layout question

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Federation Discussion
I brought this up in another thread but I figured I would start one to directly discuss it.

Looking at every ship I see that If you have a LTCMDR SCI station you can have a LTCMDR or better TAC station but not a LTCMDR ENG. Or if you have a LTCMDR SCI and an LTCMDR or better ENG station you can't have anything higer than LT in a TAC station.

So is it that a ship with say LTCMDR TAC, LTCMDR ENG, LT ENG, LTCMDR SCI, ENS UNI (or TAC) would be too OP?

This would be a ship that could run an effective AUX2BATT setup and have the ability to have 2 good Tac abilities above TT, like BO and THY or CRF and APB/APO/APD.

Like the Fleet Excelsior can do but if you add in the LTCMDR SCI so that the ship would have access to the good SCI skills like GW or ES, or PSW would this be over the top?

If I missed somethig, if there is a ship that has a LTCMDR seat in each class and a LT ENG seat let me know.

If cryptic made a ship like this would it trump all others? Ships like the Breen, Jem Escourt Carrier, Ambassidor, Galor, Excelsior all come close but are just missing that one seat to make it all come together.

Is this by design? would this Boff layout:
CMDR TAC
ENS TAC/ENS UNI
LTCMDR ENG
LT ENG
LTCMDR SCI

Break the game?
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In order to have 2 Lt Cmdr boff seats you must rum 2 ensigns

Otherwise it's a ship of a tier we don't have access to
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you want a ship with one commander slot and two lt. commander slots, consider flying a carrier.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So its a balance issue. I was just looking at my Aux2batt ships and thinking how a ship like the Breen or the Fleet excelsior or the D'kora would behave with a LTCMDR SCI skill. (how awesome it would be) or how the Ambassidor is nice but if it just had a LTCMDR TAC for a TT, BO, TS ability. Seems like there are alot of ships that are just missing that one ability to make them shine. I just want a ship with a the layout I listed in the OP. just give me a fleet excelsior with the ability to use Gravity well. Or a Destroyer like the D'kora or Moonbosh or Breen ship with the ability to use Aux2batt and GW or Syphon or Rift
  • Options
    shemrockskishemrockski Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Vesta class works or if your looking for more Tac then the talsiar adapted destroyer can do Aux to batt or Aux to damp and still get a lt.cmdr sci . I like it alot spec into grav gen and although it doesnt do a ton of dmg it will bunch up your targets for your scatter volley
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited October 2013
    All T5 ships with the exception of BoPs have 12 BOFF abilities.

Most ships.
    Commander (4), Lieutenant Commander (3), two Lieutenant (2) and an Engisn (1) usually.
    Carriers.
    Commander (4), two Lieutenant Commander (3), Lieutenant (2)

Yes some ships break the mold here, but they are rare.

BoPs seat 4 Universals and lose the Ensign. The Fleet Norgh loses it's 10th Console for a 2nd Lt.Com.

The thing is a Lt.Com level ability is often considered better than an Ensign ability so losing an Ensign for a Lt.Com is something only Carriers do. Note the D'deridex loses a Lt power to gain the Lt.Com power.

I always thought a Universal style ship could seat 3 Lt.Coms (1 of each) with a Universal Lt & Ens. You give up a Level 4 BOFF ability but gain a Level 3 for every Career. But it should be a give away or a Lockbox ship.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I always thought a Universal style ship could seat 3 Lt.Coms (1 of each) with a Universal Lt & Ens. You give up a Level 4 BOFF ability but gain a Level 3 for every Career. But it should be a give away or a Lockbox ship.

I wouldn't mind seeing that as the BOFF layout for a BOP. Maybe as either the Fleet Qul'Dun or the K'Vort.