test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Donatra's Scimitar Exploding me

the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
The second I come in range it just ****s me up.
Post edited by the7thof9 on

Comments

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes and what is the message ?? You suck ??
  • the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just that that can happen. I had like 5 hull fractures from being stupid. It was originally a question which is why it was on this forum.
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Where is the question then?
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Te implied question seems to be is this a bug or working as intended (I would assume).

Donatra has an occasional 1h (not related to her sometimes very fast thaleron event).

Most large Borg NPCs do for some reason 50k+ damage passed 100% shields even when buffed.

My tactical Oddy has not been 1HK'd in a while due to science team and polarize hull eing simultaneously active with another 1-3 energy buffs to (all) shield systems...

So the questions we would have to have answered are your ship,build, Boffs and powers... Then we may or may not be able to provide some guidance.

its @kintisho in game, pm me I can help some...
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm just guessing here since you refuse to give any more information on the conditions this takes place under...

Stay the hell out of the green cone when Donatra decloaks. That's her Scimitar's thalaron weapon. Go to full impulse or use evasive maneuvers and GTFO sideways. I've only been caught by it once.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • rainmotorsportsrainmotorsports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I found for awhile if you hit her with Viral Matrix the moment she decloaks or you hit her with it when she is cloaking she will fire off almost immediately. I pulled it off several times but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Then again later attempts I had less luck in being within range when she decloaked.

I viral matrixed her 3 times in one round like a jerk insta killing me, a friend and one of 2 other guys and one guy kept asking who is doing that. An argument broke out between the 2 randoms one guy saying he knew it could be caused. But not be able to prove that it also seems if she gets pushed while in Thalron she will pop the moment she moves.

I found the VM bit out when I built my first science toon recently. I hit her with it and she seemed to go off early I was like wtf.
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I found the VM bit out when I built my first science toon recently. I hit her with it and she seemed to go off early I was like wtf.

The VM trick also works on player scimitars too, funnily enough.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Try and stick behind her, that way you avoid all the nasty stuff, if you are caught in the green death zone, run and flank her.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      I am finding it quite amusing that there is a bug currently that will thalaron pulse you 2-3 seconds after she starts the cycle. You get hit long before youre expecting it to actually fire. (the animation is still going the entire 10 second respawn timer, too)

It has caught me a couple of times. Pure WTF moments.

Edit: Aha, its someone firing VM on her. Good to know. I shall pass that bit along. DO NOT USE FRICKEN VM. lolz
      Gold.jpg
      Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
      Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
      Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      I was in her crosshairs and couldn't get out of the way and I had to hit every heal I had, polarize hull I, hazard emitters I, engineering team I, subspace modulator, structural intergrity II and god knows what else and made it with 28% hull left.
      Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      monodoso wrote: »
      I was in her crosshairs and couldn't get out of the way and I had to hit every heal I had, polarize hull I, hazard emitters I, engineering team I, subspace modulator, structural intergrity II and god knows what else and made it with 28% hull left.

I can hear Donatra just raving mad like a hammie villain watching you survive. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!