test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Level Settings for Aux2Batt Cruiser

rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
I've never really given much thought to power slider levels in my aux2batt cruiser. I'm a tac officer, so I just left them set to the default "Attack" preset. However, on the advice of a fellow PvP'er, I tried running with the sliders set to "Defense." Net result is that I seem to be more "tanky," but now I'm worried about lowered DPS.

Here's my build:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=rcktacfahcrevt_0

Note that I have a warp core that channels shield power to weapons [S-W]. It also has a [WCap]. In practice, my default (pre-buff) weapons power hovers at 89. When Aux2Batt kicks in, it jumps up to 110/111. Add-in EPtW1 and we're up against the weapons cap of 125. And since I also run the Leech, my top-end rarely drops below 125...once the Leech proc becomes active, that is.

On the plus side, my shield power is now consistently maxed out at 130 before adding EPtS to the mix. In the "Attack" preset, my shield's base level was 83, and never got past 104 with Aux2Batt alone. Leech addede some, but likely not enough to make up the difference. Now, with a base of 126, I'm at max shields all the time.

So the question then is: Given the above, can I get away with the "Defense" preset? Or should I be maxing the weapons slider to take advantage of beam overcapping? I'd love to make this beast a bit more tanky, but not if it will significantly dull my edge offensively.

Thoughts? Opinions? Analysis? :)

RCK
Post edited by rck01 on

Comments

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I usually go with 100/35/30/35
  • Options
    taschenbillard12taschenbillard12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it seems there is a benefit to run weapon power at 160 buffed if you have beams
    try to run shields and engine above 75(buffed) and get a amp warpcore to get another 10% dmg