test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question on restist (space)

v1zeroyv1zeroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
On my Fed engineer, i've been speccing deeper and deeper into making a serious tank ship.

I'm at the point now where i'm mostly happy with my ship, it can take a very serious beating and outheal 95% of everything thrown against it.

I'm flying a Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit

My defensive stats are:
64.750 Hull
10.063 Shields (on all 4 facings)
46,2% Kinetic Resist
49,4% Phaser, Disruptor, Tetryon, Polaron, AntiProton Resist

Now my question is this:

How come that i cannot survive a Thalaron Pulse from the Valdore in Khitomer Vortex Elite? Or being hit by a Lance weapon from the Borg vessels in Hive Onslaugtht Elite?

I get oneshotted and that irritates me.

Am i missing something? Is there a damage resistance i'm missing or what's happening?
Post edited by v1zeroy on

Comments

• aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited October 2013
    what you are missing is those are intended to be 1 shot kills..

nothing you can do.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As an engineer there is nothing you can do, as a science officer you can just about survive Donatra's thalaron pulse using science fleet (-75% damage to shields) and sensor scan with the doff (50%-ish reduction in target damage). between those and your ship powers you can just about survive that but the lances are 1 shot kills no matter what you do.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • v1zeroyv1zeroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aarons9 wrote:
    what you are missing is those are intended to be 1 shot kills..

nothing you can do.

Oh . . . Well that sucks.

Thanks anyway :(