test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personal 'Armoury'

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
It would be extremely convenient to have my own weapons & armour locker onboard my ship. Why I can access my Account Bank, but not store anything I might actually want to have on hand without having to store it someplace I have to travel far to get to, is beyond me. Maybe add a special row of 'Bound to Character Item' slots to the Account Bank? Or, for maximum immersion, add 'Armouries' to ships. Put it just across the hall from the Brig, which also doesn't exist, yet.
Post edited by predcon on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    At one point in time, players could access their bank from their ready room in their bridge. Not sure why this function was removed. (or do I have it confused with mail?)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, we should have an armory locker. I use my BOFFS, but still, i hate having to edit it. I'd love to have a small one where I could stash my omega, maco and fleet outfit together, for various missions.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    At one point in time, players could access their bank from their ready room in their bridge. Not sure why this function was removed. (or do I have it confused with mail?)
    I assume it was changed because they gave everyone access to the SS Azura II item and wanted people to use it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Azura has a few services that only a few special bridges have, such as exchange. But yeah Azura became a lot more useful....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Special bridges you say? As in one of the C-Store packs?
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pretty much. A lot of the lock box ships will have them as well, i guess to make up for only having a bridge, and nothing else inside.

Initially though, there was mention of doing cargo bays as well as hanger bays as part of the interior. The hanger was supposed to be a great way to switch between your big and small ship, and the cargo bay would have been your bank. At least i think so, it was a very long time ago, and pissed away under the whole "well they shouldn't have told you that, and they probably don't even work on STO anymore" line. Which i think Stahl was using as a "get out of content free" card, even though he himself had been doing the same thing.

Either way, to stay on topic, i fully agree that we should be allowed to either have access to our banks, or have special areas on the interior, where we can store and access specific items like our spare weapons and armor (armory) or anything else (cargo bay) that could fit inside. Also, i still feel like adding a shuttle bay to the interiors would be awesome as well, but they would have to be specific for each size of ship.
    edited October 2013
    So which bridge pack has these extra features?
  • temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    predcon wrote: »
    Put it just across the hall from the Brig, which also doesn't exist, yet.

Klingon ships have a brig on the interior already. It's a DOFF mission anchoring point that is KDF-specific.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    add my name to the list of ppl that think we should get bank access on our ships.

its pants on head TRIBBLE we can get into our Account bank, but not our individual character bank
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • wakerwwakerw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    definitely agree with this, I recently replayed the Fed tutorial mission and found that it has an armory (ok maybe not too recently but more recently than the first time) which would look awesome in my ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wake@phoenixrw, Supreme Chancellor of Roughneck Alpha Fleet.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wish granted. It's called your INVENTORY. You put stuff you might want to use, but you swap out regularly, in there. Swap out when needed.

DONE. End of story!
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pretty much. A lot of the lock box ships will have them as well, i guess to make up for only having a bridge, and nothing else inside.

Initially though, there was mention of doing cargo bays as well as hanger bays as part of the interior. The hanger was supposed to be a great way to switch between your big and small ship, and the cargo bay would have been your bank. At least i think so, it was a very long time ago, and pissed away under the whole "well they shouldn't have told you that, and they probably don't even work on STO anymore" line. Which i think Stahl was using as a "get out of content free" card, even though he himself had been doing the same thing.

Either way, to stay on topic, i fully agree that we should be allowed to either have access to our banks, or have special areas on the interior, where we can store and access specific items like our spare weapons and armor (armory) or anything else (cargo bay) that could fit inside. Also, i still feel like adding a shuttle bay to the interiors would be awesome as well, but they would have to be specific for each size of ship.

For the record:

Since F2P, there has been a "small ship selection officer" in the transporter room of every bridge. I've used her a handful of times...

There also is a "cargo bay" - attached to the DOff system, when you open it it lists all your commodities/samples/other DOffing item inputs that can be pulled from both the regular bank and the player's inventory.

For those asking about "special bridges", the D'Kora cruiser, Tuffli Freighter, and Suliban Cell ship bridges all have most/all of the "standard base amenities" - bank, mail, exchange, store are on all 3 bridges, while the freighters also have a special DOffing contact, transwarps to all the exploration clusters, and a full-access ship selection officer - and the D'Kora has a Dabo table on the bridge and is fully combat ready while the freighters are no better than T1...

However, to keep on the topic of bank access on all ships, I remember the Devs answered the question of "why don't fleet bases get an exchange" with "there would be no reason to visit a regular base if there wasn't amenities on the bases available nowhere else, and the fleet base already has options for everything but the exchange...

As it sits right now, with my Tuffli and (eventual) fleet base with tailor, the only reason I might ever find to set foot on a regular base again would be for the ship tailor...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So which bridge pack has these extra features?

None of the C-Store bridge packs, just the bridges that come with the Tuffli Freighter, Cell ship and Ferengi Marauder.
    edited October 2013
    Wish granted. It's called your INVENTORY. You put stuff you might want to use, but you swap out regularly, in there. Swap out when needed.

DONE. End of story!

Smartassery aside, the primary concern with this method is the way the game 'sorts' your inventory. If the game allowed for 'locking' items in the slots you've set them, allowing you to sort everything else, that wouldn't be an issue anymore. It might even be a good idea to add extra 'display X type item only' tabs. e.g. Show only weapons, show only armor, etc.
    edited October 2013
    Smartassery aside, the primary concern with this method is the way the game 'sorts' your inventory. If the game allowed for 'locking' items in the slots you've set them, allowing you to sort everything else, that wouldn't be an issue anymore. It might even be a good idea to add extra 'display X type item only' tabs. e.g. Show only weapons, show only armor, etc.

Those are perfectly excellent suggestions to enhance a tool we already have. Rather than adding a redundant tool we already have. I agree with you. I don't agree with the OP.
    edited October 2013
    Those are perfectly excellent suggestions to enhance a tool we already have. Rather than adding a redundant tool we already have. I agree with you. I don't agree with the OP.

Which OP? The one to whose post I replied to? Or my post what started this thread?
    skollulfr wrote: »
    i think mass effect 2 & 3 handles on-ship gear management brilliantly.
    if this was used and loot was gathered in a "scan bodies for new tech", "tag new tech for beamout"/"tag for matter re-combination" manner, it would be more star trek like and less "copy-pasta mmorpg".

I haven't played ME3 yet, but that I imagine that game was streamlined for SP mode. How it relates to my suggestion that weapons and armour ought to have their own lockers, you'll have to explain further.
    edited October 2013
    Actually, a 'tribble pen' wouldn't be such a bad idea. Put it right next to the mess hall.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I played with the idea of "what if we had weapon racks" once. Something to do in your Captain's Quarters where you could slot a few weapons and have them tender on, say a wall. It'd be nice to have a Bat'Leth over my bed or something. Or, even better, in the Mess Hall, showing them off, or in the Ready Room.
    edited October 2013
    What, like ornamental weapons? Or actually mounting one of our inventory items on the wall?
    edited October 2013
    Which OP? The one to whose post I replied to? Or my post what started this thread?

Obviously, OP is the first post in this thread. Your original post was TRIBBLE. Your follow-up to my commentary was actually innovative. So -1 to your OP, +1 to the revised ideas you suggested.
  • worf8worf8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can we just have a cargo bay big room in the ship wher we can swap weapons for toons and store other stuff and for god sake put some drinks and food in the mess dosent matter if we cant take it lol