test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solid ship colors?

redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
Is it possible to edit a ship so the entire ship is black?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nope. You'll be always stucked with the hull colour. For most fed ships, however, there's a type4 hull that its darker than the others, but that's all. Also, some sets includes shields like the reman, or maco, etc. that adds a different hull 'cool' looking.
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    Dammit, I wanted all my ships to look like the Vengeance from Into Darkness.
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You'll have to wait till the proper lock-box to get the actual USS Vengance :D
  • auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    redz4tw wrote: »
    Dammit, I wanted all my ships to look like the Vengeance from Into Darkness.

The Vengeance's hull is more akin to 'Material 4' in the game, actually. It only appears 'black' in the movie because of the lighting.
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Material 4 + black patterns should often give you a mostly black ship. Solid 'black' could be achieved on the (fed) temporal ships using the Aeon-Material.
  • xingbellxingbell Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I also wanted a black ship when I started. Not for the look from a movie, it was in memory of what we used to do in some pen and paper RPGs.

We would stealth our space ships by painting them black and adding twinkle lights. They would blend into the background. :D

Peaceful exploration? I have a heavily armed ship and a phaser with a kill setting, how peaceful is that?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As I think someone mentioned, easiest way to get a black ship is the Prototype Covariant Shield you get during the "Cloaked Intentions"/"Freedom" FE series.

Can't remember if it's Romulan or Reman though at the moment...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As I think someone mentioned, easiest way to get a black ship is the Prototype Covariant Shield you get during the "Cloaked Intentions"/"Freedom" FE series.

Can't remember if it's Romulan or Reman though at the moment...

The free one's a Reman Mk XI, assuming you did it at level 50, otherwise it's Mk whatever.