test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, you buffed elite, eh? (ISE)

dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Infected space elite...those spheres hit like trucks.

I was thinking perhaps my alt was just having a bad day, but sure enough...my main was take huge hits.

As soon as **** start going down I started playing smart. Man that was fun. I feel sorry for pugs that dont have a 10k dpser atleast in their group...

So..taking all bets, how long till the nerf? But thanks cryptic...hope this trend continues
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Post edited by dahminus on

Comments

• khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe the TR and GW buffs made their tachyon beams overbenefit from FlwC.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or they were just shooting by too fast to inflict any sustained fire in the past.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nah, spheres were shooting mini plasma torpedos that decimate shields and leave a dot that ticks super hard.

Tachyon beam seemed a little stonger, but the kinetic damage those spheres throw out throws you through a loop at first

edited October 2013
    Occasionally it happens. I've weathered 90% of HYTs from Cure raptors, but there's that 10% which one-shots my Armitage THROUGH FULL SHIELDS for 50k damage.

I have no explanation why it happens, nor can I reliably recreate it.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• trekkerchicktrekkerchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I didn't notice any change at all except the lack of having to chase them around the gate. Damage wise, it has still felt like business as usual.
    The mosquito has lost its zip, but the stinging is still barely a minor annoyance. At least, to me...
    edited October 2013
    I'm looking forward to after the cd goes up...actually im gonna do a kse, see if there is any diff there

• jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Occasionally it happens. I've weathered 90% of HYTs from Cure raptors, but there's that 10% which one-shots my Armitage THROUGH FULL SHIELDS for 50k damage.

One of my characters will get hit with a 50k crit every single time they get a shield drain on it. Everytime like clockwork. my only defense is emergency to shields and if thats in cooldown and they start draining i get a crit right away. even hit evasive and flew over 20 kilometers away and as soon as evasive stopped i got hit by a crit torp. But that character has no points in defense so a shield drain does exactly what it says on the box, i still should not have a 100% chance of getting a crit torp up the tailpipe and with 46k i think hull that 50k crit is all they need.

It was the same thing on all my alts when they join an ESTF and get a shield drain as far as I remember but my engi just shrugs 50k crits off and hull heals faster than plasma dot does damage lol...
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
    edited October 2013
    kse is normal for sure....maybe it was a super coincidence for ise...

Curious to see when my cd is off

edited October 2013
    Just did a ise, i still think those spheres are hitting harder

• rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe you just reached a build that draws more aggro?

I'll check ISE out later.
  • captainforfuncaptainforfun Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I did a couple of stfs since the patch and i can asure you, they don?t hit harder, sadly.

They should more sustained dmg, so that you won?t be able to survive in an stf on your own with a max ofense build....
    Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
    U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
    TheWiseGuys
    edited October 2013
    Just did ISE again in my Ambassador. Third time since patch. As normal I pop GW I and EWP III on the spheres that came out of the gate just before the Transmitter pops to prevent them from scattering with EP2E. And as usual, they were all plenty unhappy with me after the Transmitter popped.

Tanked them all holding their focused fire the entire time, for both Transmitters. I didn't feel anything different in my attack or heal routine. I have no Threat Control for damage resistance buff, no plasma/tetryon plating. Just my single trusty XII purple Monotanium Alloy and Borg set.
    I honestly felt no difference in their damage...

Tac Cube still hits like a freight train when I'm not paying attention to distance, though...
    edited October 2013
    Maybe im sleep deprived. Should've parsed those first 2 runs...disregard me I suppose.

• zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HOE did end up a bit messed up after the patch, however. The torp spreads from the Unimatrixes are literally OHKOs now. Before, you'd take 30-40% damage through full shields at most, now, there's no survival. They'll hit through RSP, anything. The Probes also more effectively use sci powers now, but that's not a real issue.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    definately some ghost update on elites. the gate on khitomer uses now plasma beams to kill rommie torps. spheres dont epte anymore but hit way harder.
    shield bleedthrough is now on pvp level sometimes. full shields but hull went down like nothing.

I LIKE IT more that way.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *gasp* so elite is just a little bit harder?
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its been like this forever, the only difference is you forgot..

When the spheres ran and split up there was no threat, when they stay grouped they can quite easily smoosh anyone AoE firing on them.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited October 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Its been like this forever, the only difference is you forgot..

When the spheres ran and split up there was no threat, when they stay grouped they can quite easily smoosh anyone AoE firing on them.

I have a feeling it's exactly this.

It would explain why I notice no difference, because I've always locked them down before they could scatter from EP2E. Others are probably used to picking them off one or two at a time while they were zipping all over the place, or stuck on the gate, unable to fire back most of the time.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »

Nearly have that happen with my scimitar... 59k hull and full shields, and next thingyou know I'm down to like 9-13% hull from a single hit..... can definitely be nasty.... but I like the challenge.
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, usually that wakes me up to pay attention. :P

And trekkerchick, this is off topic, but where on Earth did you find that avatar? :D

• sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hold off on the Alpha Attack cannon scatter volley and full spread torps until your hazard emitters and tactical team are ready. :eek:
    edited October 2013
    When it's them or me. I go balls to the walls and to hell with everything.

didn't pan out to well with my alt but my main pulls it off with enough ease.

• marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It seems that regular Plasma Torpedoes from Borg Cubes in The Cure Found (Elite) are doing more damage.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yeah ESTF's got boosted cause my tanky rommy ship gets 1 shotted and so does my fed sci tank ship and my tact fed ship just from the spheres alone not to mention the tact cube with it's inviso torpedo lol from infected cond elite.

• marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The spheres hit like before the epte buff. What you are noticing is that after the epte nerf this week they now don't scatter so much everywhere so they are able to keep firing at you since they don't go out of range as much, and you take fire from multiple spheres more now. This is why I wanted an epte nerf. EPTE made ISE more tedious since you would have to chase spheres, but not harder since the spheres had a hard time killing you while flying around so fast. Now its a little more risky fighting them but can be done faster.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zi76 wrote: »
    HOE did end up a bit messed up after the patch, however. The torp spreads from the Unimatrixes are literally OHKOs now. Before, you'd take 30-40% damage through full shields at most, now, there's no survival. They'll hit through RSP, anything.

Heh, so many people don't know that Reverse Shield Polarity does nothing against torpedoes. Only energy damage is absorbed via Reverse Shield Polarity. Brace For Impact, Tactical Team, and Transfer Shield Strength II combined should save you.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited October 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    The spheres hit like before the epte buff. What you are noticing is that after the epte nerf this week they now don't scatter so much everywhere so they are able to keep firing at you since they don't go out of range as much, and you take fire from multiple spheres more now. This is why I wanted an epte nerf. EPTE made ISE more tedious since you would have to chase spheres, but not harder since the spheres had a hard time killing you while flying around so fast. Now its a little more risky fighting them but can be done faster.

This may be it...