test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wait for Elite Fleet?

the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
My fleet is nearing starbase tier 4, but it will still be a few weeks. Should I buy the advanced stuff or wait for elite?
Post edited by the7thof9 on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Depends on the item. Weapons sure. Everything else, worth waiting.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Weapons except PHASER I may add (or disruptor if you're KDF, as these have elite versions)

Occasionally, you may want Advanced engines with [turn]x3 as elites only have max of [Turn]x2.

Warp cores and shields, go elite. Hands down their trigger effect make everything worthwhile.

Deflectors are kinda meh at all options. Good to go for elite if you are in a Sci-heavy ship though, the SciComm trigger makes things cooldown sliiiiiightly faster.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the7thof9 wrote: »
    My fleet is nearing starbase tier 4, but it will still be a few weeks. Should I buy the advanced stuff or wait for elite?

you dont need to wait. there are many kdf/fed fleets that will let you beam down to their t5 starbase/embassy/mine and use their store, absolutely free.
    Nerds of Prey, House of Snoo, House of Beautiful (not orions), REDdit Alert, and many more do this every single day. i make the full kdf/fed base/embassy/mine rounds 2 to 3 times a day, inviting dozens of people to the t5 fleet stores.

/channel_join NoP Public Service and see for yourself.