test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

complete rebuild, need critique

asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
this will be a complete rebuild of my Main toon, i wanna make sure i get it right

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=novek5_0

Skills, Boff layout, and ship gear are included in the link above.

Traits:

accurate
elusive
romulan operative
warp theorist
crippling fire

peak health
resilient
soldier

notes:

this is an exclusively PVE build. i loathe PVP and avoid it whenever possible.

i already know that maxing skills is widely unpopular, but I came to STO from a game where min/maxing was the only viable option, so its a VERY hard habit to break

the idea is a DPS focused ship that can live long enough to do DPS, so long as it fits that criteria i'll be happy

also, i'm well aware DHCs are King DPS, i'm just not a good enough pilot to keep that piddling little 45? arc on target

edit: final note - the choice of ship is non-negotiable. i'm short of funds and will be for quite some time. i already own the Falchion, so its what i'm gonna use
Tenebris lux mea est
Post edited by asmodeus451 on

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know the feeling. I refuse to PvP.

Start with your Tactical layout. You can leave the High Yield on one Ensign. The other Ensign, I would suggest as Tactical Team. Focusing on a full Beam build, I would suggest using the Lt. slot for Beam Overload. In the Lt Comm. slot, get the Jem'Hadar from Facility 4028 so he can train your current officer in Torpedo Spread 3. Attack Pattern Omega 3 is great so you can keep that.

As for the Engineer slots, you can experiment with replacing Emergency power to Weapons with Engineering Team. Although this is not a DHC build, so you may have to keep this ability. But what you can definitely do is get better use by replacing the battery ability, either with Engineering Team or with Directed Energy Modulation. You just might have to carry a few more batteries, but either your hull or weapons will benefit enough to more than make up for it.

Secondly, the weapons themselves. With that many [turn] consoles, you can replace that regular single Beam with another Dual Beam. And then that Cutting Beam, I myself never use it. I would much rather use that slot for another Beam or Turret, depending on the ship. Then the Rommy torpedo spammer, get that Law officer from Nimbus 3, and the Very Rare Borg projectile Weapons officer from the Omega Reputation, and you will be able to fire torpedoes almost nonstop.

Thirdly, that Singularity Core is for Auxiliary builds, which tend to be Science ships, but sometimes also Tank Cruisers. With you running a full Beam load, you will need a Core that amplifies your Weapons Power. In my own case, I use W-->S, but you could possibly make good use with W-->A.

Lastly, those Shield Emitter Arrays could possibly be changed. The Emitters you have already are the ones add plasma to all non-plasma weapons. Seeing as how you already have an all plasma build, you could possibly be better off with Emitters that help your shields and/or hull healing abilities.

I'm sure, I'll think of something to add later on, so I'll just subscribe for now. Until then, good luck, think positive thoughts, and have a nice day. :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    those Emitter Arrays ALSO add 9.6% Plasma energy damage.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Threat-Scaling_Science_Consoles

why does everyone seem to miss that?
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    as to the rest:
    lemme start with the Sing Core

1) the build i posted earlier was missing a Mod: [AMP], this has been corrected

2)Hyper-Stabilizing boost Shield and Engine power, so the only thing on it for "aux builds" is the [Acap]

3)it's the only Hyper-stabilizing core with a decent sing-core ability mod ([res]), all the others have [Oload] or [Wave]

my IDEAL sing core would be: Hyper-Stabilizing, [singA] [jump] [Wcap] [AMP] [sss]
    but thats not an option. so i picked the one that sucked the least

BFAW3 is non-negotiable. its great AOE and pretty good against single targets too.

DEM instead of A2B might work, i'll have to give it a try.

i've already said i'm a bad pilot. even with awesome turn consoles, i NEED 2 BAs to keep hitting stuff sometimes.
    and the KCB is THE best weapon against unshielded targets (of which there are alot in STFs)

i already have 2 purple torp Doffs

dont get me wrong, i appreciate the input, wouldnt have asked for it if i didnt want it
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    deianirrahdeianirrah Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My attempt was a full Aux2Bat version - and Beam Overload could be switched with BFaW.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=novektest11_0

The [Amp] is still missing from the Singularity Core in my version, though.

I did switch the skill around a bit according to the great skill effects table. In case You are still missing some energy, You might try the Plasmonic Leech and some points in Flow Capacitators (3 to 6) instead.
    Alternatively, one could leave out the Torpedo entirely in favour of yet another beam array. On a more mobile ship, DBBs front and using a slightly angled approach to larger targets could work together with the torpedo launcher.

The Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator is well worth getting.

Taskforce 47 Falkenwacht (Federation) / Greifenreiter (KDF)
    (at) deianirrah
    Free Gear and where to get it
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't run any romulan ships at all, strictly FED. I like the plasma build you have. I would do away with the Torpedo High Yield I and get tactical team I. That will give you more power to weapons. I don't know if you can equip a Adapted MACO engine to a romulan ship but that also gives you a little more power to weapons also.

Grendel the Wise
    U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=deatroyeverythingbuild_0
    3 technicians, 1 marion, 1 warp core doff.

Get a core that has amp.

You will rip everything apart with the above build. Any questions?

My specialty in all games is damage. This has carried over to sto to make no win scenario wave 10 a joke through straight dps.

That said, you use my build, broadside everything...it will exceed your expectations
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the builds you guys posted. Plasma all the way. Love my plasma weapons. Won't use anything else.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).