test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why not Antiproton?

13»

Comments

• darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are you getting those numbers by yourself, or in a team?

'cause the Disruptor debuff helps everyone, which would mean if you went from being the 5th Disruptor ship to the only Antiproton ship, an increase in your DPS would be expected.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2013
    So I just had a rather lengthy discussion with someone about weapon types. I am a longstanding and steadfast user of AP weaponry on my main toon, and they were questioning that.

So I figured with the recent bandwagon moves to RomPlas and pure Disruptor weapon loadouts I would share my reasoning behind choosing AP over other types. Perhaps it will ignite a discussion, and/or someone could point me to a more valid argument than "its just better, trust me" with something I have missed to back it up.

Currently people are raving about the 2.5% proc to lower resistance by 10% (which afaik only affects hulls, not shields)

But isnt AP essentially a "proc" equivalent to your Critical Hit chance that raises damage by 20% for you?

Example: Guy with disruptors vs bare hull will do 10 percent more damage to it 2.5 percent of the time.

I will do 20% more damage to it 15% of the time (my crit rate)

Is there something flawed with my logic?

Yes I do understand the team benefit of disruptors, but the math to me doesnt seem to add up all that well. It would take 4-6 people using disruptors to equate to the same AP "proc" I run, wouldnt it?

The AP bonus is a 20% bonus to crit severity its not a proc

Disruptors do not do 10% more damage when they proc they lower the targets resistance by 10% the damge dealt to the target could be much more than 10%

shields also have damage resistances IDK if the proc lowers a shields resistance or not

Also the disruptor proc stacks in time but does not stack the amount of resistance
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse