test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Logging out

simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I m tired of seeing victims logging out of the game to prevent a death. It sickens me. I know this hs been brought up before and has been discussed numerous times, but I have never seen anyone come up with a true fix, I could have missed it.

Here is my solution to the logout to save me from a death.

1. Every time you logout of the game there is a background script written somewhere to either the client or server. Use this to charge a death if someone logs out during a PvP if the script was written

2. There is a problem with option statement one. People can still reset there router, unplug there LAN cable, or cycle power to any decvice. I don't have a problem with this because it will take longer for this player to return to the game. That puts the other team in a man down situation. So if this happens you don't charge a automatic death to that team.

This is my fix please I would love to hear more ideas and maybe we can get a fair fix to people logging out to save a death.
320x240.jpg
Post edited by simeion1 on

Comments

• Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is a much simpler fix that many other MMOs use.

Make us wait 10-20s when we log out or change toons.

As someone that changes toons a lot its a bit annoying... on the other hand... it 100% ends the practice of logging out to avoid a death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Leave the toon in the game world with LinkDead over it (LD) for 30 seconds, and this problem ends immediately.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    wdocwdoc Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For repeat offenders and we know who they are....maybe after so may times a day a temp ban. I bet that will "improve" their internet connection when they are low in health.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wdoc wrote: »
    For repeat offenders and we know who they are....maybe after so may times a day a temp ban. I bet that will "improve" their internet connection when they are low in health.

I hope when you will get a snr to be banned .They should first test the system on you.
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is a much simpler fix that many other MMOs use.

Make us wait 10-20s when we log out or change toons.

As someone that changes toons a lot its a bit annoying... on the other hand... it 100% ends the practice of logging out to avoid a death.
    Leave the toon in the game world with LinkDead over it (LD) for 30 seconds, and this problem ends immediately.

Both are typical resolutions for the problem of people leaving a match in the middle of it..

They could also just have it where if your in a PVP Match, and you log out, your character dies and a point is given to the opposing side, in the case of an arena, this would how ever suck for players who accidently get DCed. :(

Ker'rat they at least fixed so that when you log out, you log back in at the exact spot before. Sure it doesn't help if they just wait for the Zone Reset. But if they don't it can be quite funny. :D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013

The real fix could be you log out and you can't go back to the pvp match. As I have only seen it with premade teams I think that would be a possible fix too. But I like your 30 second sitting duck idea too.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you logout, it should simply close your login session. So, in essence, a lock file would be deleted and if there is no lock file, it puts you back in the same map you were on before the match. If you get disconnected, the lock file will still be there, due to not being a clean logout. That lock file will remain open for ~2 minutes. If you get disconnected, it should't take that long to log back in and come back to the map. The fact that you can come back to a map after logging out is signs of a bad setup any way.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you logout, it should simply close your login session. So, in essence, a lock file would be deleted and if there is no lock file, it puts you back in the same map you were on before the match. If you get disconnected, the lock file will still be there, due to not being a clean logout. That lock file will remain open for ~2 minutes. If you get disconnected, it should't take that long to log back in and come back to the map. The fact that you can come back to a map after logging out is signs of a bad setup any way.

so you cut your internet instead of using logout bind ...problem solved lol :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I do not mean if you get dc. The game knows the difference. If don't log or dc when im stuck in the hall between 4 ppl like I saw the other night someone do. Or when I catch someone cloaking and they log. Its funny how they dc right when they get caught. If you want a friendly 1 v 1 pm me. I promise I wont log.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wdoc wrote: »
    I do not mean if you get dc. The game knows the difference. If don't log or dc when im stuck in the hall between 4 ppl like I saw the other night someone do. Or when I catch someone cloaking and they log. Its funny how they dc right when they get caught. If you want a friendly 1 v 1 pm me. I promise I wont log.

Yeah, you personally won't log out. Instead, you will just use the Lobi store Stasis Pistol + Engineering Minefields for an instant kill people like you have been in the ground queues the last few days :rolleyes:. The only time people use logout in ground matches is when someone is exploiting a mechanic to get cheap kills (i.e. stasis pistol + minefield, sword 15+ chain knockbacks, 5 man spawn camping). If you don't want people logging out, then don't abuse other problems with the ground game. It's why so many people have been using /logout or just flat out leaving the match when they run into you and your team Doc. Nobody enjoys sitting there helpless while the other team hammers on them with impunity when the reason for it is because the other team is using design flaws. The stasis pistol was designed to take a target out of action, allowing your team to finish off the other nearby targets faster. It was not designed to hold someone there while you lay mines at their feet right before the stasis expires to get a free kill.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You are welcome to pm me for a 1 v 1.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    that actually sounds like a bloody brilliant tactic...

The stasis kill, not the log out
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    that actually sounds like a bloody brilliant tactic...

The stasis kill, not the log out

Think about it, Stasis pistol has a 18 second cooldown, mines have a 25 second cooldown. A team with one person with stasis can get an easy kill every 25 seconds via stasis pistol + mines. A team with 5 people + stasis can kill the entire opposing team with the stasis pistol + mines every 25 seconds. There is a grand total of one thing in the game that clears it, the mental discipline trait, which has a four minute cooldown. The trait can't even be obtained by most ground races. So would you mind explaining how that's a "brilliant tactic"? It's cheap noob garbage that Doc pulls out when his team is losing, because he knows it is the one ground ability that can't be countered.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I would suggest you stop flaming me on open forums. That tactic is reserved for cloakers.
    Doc of Hammer