test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mass Grinder

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I think a way to mass grind DOFFs of a similar quality would be a great help to players.

Grinding down a number of, say 100, green DOFFs into whites is an extremely tedious and time consuming process.

It lacks anything I think anyone could consider fun, and the process could be much improved by a simple feature like this.
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    AGREED,

While the mission only takes 5-ish seconds, doing this for a large number of doffs is seriously tedious.

I logged in to have fun, not to "play" in the UI for hours between grinding doffs, and

Converting Marks 50 at a time ( this amount is too low, and contributes to this same

problem).

These mechanics detract from the game and need to be streamlined.

--The doffscan be listed at the grinder the exact same way they are in the Star base

donation screen, a check box list.....simple, done, "X" green in, "Y" white out.

--Mark Conversion simply needs larger "bulk" turn in amounts, say 50, 250, 500
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree. It must cost a lot of doff pack sales because of this even during promo. I know I get lazy and tired of selling or grinding my white doffs on all of my characters so I only do a little at a time. Since I cant free up enough roster room without spending over an hour organizing my rosters on all my characters and buy less doff packs as a result since I can't store the white doffs and I don't want to just delete them all or buy more roster room. I already bought the 100 roster increase twice on a character and have 10 others, it should be enough but isn't.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is no such thing as enough roster space.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was talking about this in fleet chat the other morning, this game needs more ways to do things in bulk.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    its all time-gating. time is money and the more cryptic makes you spend in game the "more" money they make.

PS I totally agree there needs to be a more user friendly UI when it comes to things like this (doffs, turning in marks for dil, etc)
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thinking about it, turning in 100 greens at once would require 300(!!!) free doff slots to pick up the whites afterwards. Who here has that much free space?

Which brings us again to my earlier point, there is no such thing as enough roster space. They should sell us more upgrades.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    Thinking about it, turning in 100 greens at once would require 300(!!!) free doff slots to pick up the whites afterwards. Who here has that much free space?

Which brings us again to my earlier point, there is no such thing as enough roster space. They should sell us more upgrades.

Amen, there are over 600 unique duty officers. 400 possible total doff slots on 1 character. 600-400 = 200. This isn't counting keeping plenty of doff slots open for contribution to fleet projects, or those created by rng that you pick up along the way.

WTB more roster slots.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    oddboyoutoddboyout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What if we could grind DOffs into an item? Such as "Personnel File." It would stack to 250, you contribute it to Projects and if you wanted you could turn one or more into the Personnel Officer for a random DOff.