test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I skipped the tutorial - how much have I lost?

ericphailericphail Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Romulan Discussion
My 2nd Romulan Character (Reman, Tactical, Fed Aligned, currently lv27ish)
skipped the tutorial (because 1. I didn't want to go through it again and 2. I was in a hurry with him, wanting to get Dr. Sibak before the event expired)

I have since been told that this causes trouble for the character. :mad:

I would like someone knowledgeable to tell me what I have lost on this char, and if there is anyway to mitigate the loss(es) short of rerolling him.

I would also like to know why skipping the tutorial punishes you. :confused:

Things mentioned already:
none

Things I would like to query:
He can't access the ground war zone Otha (is this related?, if so what bizarre bit of coding caused that)
Post edited by ericphail on

Comments

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ericphail wrote: »
    My 2nd Romulan Character (Reman, Tactical, Fed Aligned, currently lv27ish)
    skipped the tutorial (because 1. I didn't want to go through it again and 2. I was in a hurry with him, wanting to get Dr. Sibak before the event expired)

I have since been told that this causes trouble for the character. :mad:

I would like someone knowledgeable to tell me what I have lost on this char, and if there is anyway to mitigate the loss(es) short of rerolling him.

I would also like to know why skipping the tutorial punishes you. :confused:

Things mentioned already:
    none

Things I would like to query:
    He can't access the ground war zone Otha (is this related?, if so what bizarre bit of coding caused that)
    Regarding the bolded part, whoever told you that wasn't telling you the truth, there are no problems caused by skipping the tutorial at all. If you remember what the tutorial taught you, then you are good to go. Also, if you've done it once on another character, all subsequent characters are not required to go through the tutorial.

I have 4 Romulan characters, I did the tutorial on my Reman (my first Romulan character), but the other three (a second Reman, a Lib Borg Rom, and a normal Rom) skipped the tutorial. In fact, my characters on the Fed side (I have three so far), only my main went through the current tutorial, the other two skipped it, my KDF characters, only my KDF main went through the tutorial, the other two skipped it.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There is this Romulan NPC on the moon you visit when doing Mine Enemy. Her name is Rai. Some time ago we found out that you cannot get her as a doff when you skip the tutorial.

It is a sort of a bug of course and perhaps it is fixed now. So proceed, do the mission Mine Enemy and tell us if she has joined your crew.

That is all. I have not found any other short comings in skipping the Romulan tutorial.
  • Options
    ericphailericphail Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay, The Rai thing I was told about (it was implied other things were affected also)

If it is not related to skipping the romulan tutorial - then why f*** can't he enter Otha, Ground war (I prefer it to ker'rat for the war zone dailies - more consistent runtime, items are worse though) Edit: Checked again still can't now lvl 30

Please note the link between otha and skipping the tutorial was brought up/suggested when I asked why he couldn't enter it.

Going to check my KDF Rom (who as my 1st, played the tutorial) but I think she could go there (shes lvl 19 for reference). Edit: She can't either... (Romulans can't?)

Not high enough lvl for mine enemy yet