test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The True Reason for the extra Terran Ships

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
They're invading, and I mean a damned full scaled invasion this time. They're throwing everything they've got into our Universe. They're going to take out the Federation, then the Klingon Empire, then the Cardassians, then... well probably D'Tan and his little Republic.

They're going to rule the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, then they're going to take the fight to the Borg, Undine, Elachi, Iconian and whoever else dare stand in their way. If people feared a Dominion occupation, they have no idea what's coming with a Terran Empire takeover. We're all DOOMED!!! :P
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Speak for yourself. I, for one, welcome our new overlords and their 'John Wayne Toilet Paper' methods. In exchange for my loyalty to the Terran Empire, all I ask is a tall, tall ship... with a full loadout of weapons to blast my opponents out of the stars with.

Actually, I'm hoping that one of these days the Terran Empire will be introduced as a playable faction...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thought the same, after all others left the game i cloaked and counted and stopped counting at 79 ships coming out of all the rifts..... its a bit over the top. and they were not even shooting at anything while i was cloaked.. was the last player in. CE at 66% and recharging again.

79 ships.... that has to be an invasion force..

one question remains.

why can the Mirror universe have A MIRANDA lvl 50 ship as they seem strangly stronger than normal lvl 10 mirandas...

so its just us not allowed to get fleet versions of conny and mirandas xD

new faction proposal... Mirror Universe!!!
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually, I'm hoping that one of these days the Terran Empire will be introduced as a playable faction...

Go to exchange, purchase Mirror ship. Go to tailor, place beard on character (male) or expose midriff (female). Done. :D
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Priority one communique to starfleet command.

Vice Admiral Kintisho of the OSK/Infinite Nexus allied fleets, captain of the USS Omnipotence reporting: Thus far this Terran invasion, though impressive by numbers has been underwhelming, space is filling with debris of their hulls, my Terran kill score has increased by 200% today alone, the front is very promising for weapons testing in a live combat scenario. I have little concern for this incursion. I am assembling a battle group to handle this minor front, once dispatched we shall return our focus to real threats such as the Elachi, I have been working towards luring the Borg into this Frey.. further reports when available.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Terrans are frustrated with our previous successful attempts at thrashing entire fleets. Now they're coming in all at once. All of them.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sophus84at wrote: »
    new faction proposal... Mirror Universe!!!
    Go to exchange, purchase Mirror ship. Go to tailor, place beard on character (male) or expose midriff (female).
    Whilst it isn't an actual terran empire, I did once create a Terran character, and crew for use on a Tactical Ship.

Full Human crew (that took some doing with the Purples); load them up with scars or tattoos, make the hair choices more mohawk for the male, and short for the female, and add some moustaches or beards for the men too.

As far as ships are concerned, whilst it is true that you can only have the mirror skin on actual mirror vessels, we've still got those patterns etc that can be customized in a yellow (and/or red) shade to imply evil. Whilst I'm not 100% sure on how far the ISS tag works, I'd think that certain ships (like the Fleet Assault Cruiser) would be able to make use of the Terran ship skin too?

But yeah, I had my Terran ship and crew, throw in a backstory and you're as far there as is currently possible. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    Priority one communique to starfleet command.

Vice Admiral Kintisho of the OSK/Infinite Nexus allied fleets, captain of the USS Omnipotence reporting: Thus far this Terran invasion, though impressive by numbers has been underwhelming, space is filling with debris of their hulls, my Terran kill score has increased by 200% today alone, the front is very promising for weapons testing in a live combat scenario. I have little concern for this incursion. I am assembling a battle group to handle this minor front, once dispatched we shall return our focus to real threats such as the Elachi, I have been working towards luring the Borg into this Frey.. further reports when available.

And why exactly would you want to introduce the Borg to a rich harvest zone? Think of all of the drones that can come from these waves of paper craft?
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is the Yamato to Starfleet. I'll keep it short:

13 battleships have just warped through. Kept fleet together and applied area suppression fire. All destroyed. Science vessels and carriers are especially tactically relevant.

Yuung out.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited September 2013
    How many mirror ships does it take to kill one federation engineer?
    All of them.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    limitless mirror ships??????

reminds me of the fed mission shutdown (or something like that) in the cardassian arc were at the beginning at DS9 when you have to destroy the station defenses, there are unlimited cardassian and jem ships warping in....GREAT for fed and fed-aligned roms for gathering the kill accolade and expertise/skillpoints....

makes me wish there was a mission like that were it was terran ships only
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Never understood how the Mirror Terran Federation (or Empire, whatever) is able to mount attacks on our universe by now. 30 years ago, they were a bunch of rebels which made D'tan's movement look rich by comparison.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bring them on, i need to kill another 300 terran empire ships for the accolade anyway
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, consider that one of the first space-borne facilities they claimed/reclaimed was a major ore mining and processing station, so they had plenty of access to raw materials and they had stolen ship designs from our universe...

But that's one of the reasons I want more to the Mirror Universe than just 'oh, Tholians can summon them for support', there's so many unanswered questions...
    Since Smiley never met Keiko, they never had Molly, so why the 'I.S.S. Molly'?
    Who is James O'Brien's mother if it's not Keiko?
    Who is the overall leader of the Terran Empire now?
    What is the status of the Cardassian/Klingon Alliance?
    and so forth...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited September 2013
    Well, consider that one of the first space-borne facilities they claimed/reclaimed was a major ore mining and processing station, so they had plenty of access to raw materials and they had stolen ship designs from our universe...

A single mining station against the entire Klingon Cardassian Alliance?
    I mean sure... maybe the rebellion won, maybe there was a Civil War in the Alliance... but even under the most favorable condition, I can't see the Terrans being a threat for our universe after only 30 years.
    They should be in the middle of rebuilding as of now - in the best case.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All of them.

Terrans, just not that good at being bad.....
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    I mean sure... maybe the rebellion won, maybe there was a Civil War in the Alliance... but even under the most favorable condition, I can't see the Terrans being a threat for our universe after only 30 years.

Maybe they could be billed as this brand new faction and be given these OP boffs and... oh wait... that's the Romulans....

No, but seriously, I've always wondered how the Terran Empire got all those ships that we see in this game. AFAIK it had ceased to exist by the time of DS9, and besides, isn't Mirror Spock supposed to have gone on about logic and peace which was a great part of its demise?
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    so this is how the promised Armageddon will look like
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Well, look at it this way. At Wolf 359, roughly 40 Federation starships were destroyed and that was a massive part of the Federation fleet. Come DS9 time and the Federation has hundreds of ships and that's only over a period of a few years.

Once you have the facilities, you can just crank ships out. The only real limiting factor on the number of ships you can have is experienced crewmen and the fact that you also need more upper echelon officers.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All of them.

One.

/10char
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited September 2013
    zi76 wrote: »
    Well, look at it this way. At Wolf 359, roughly 40 Federation starships were destroyed and that was a massive part of the Federation fleet. Come DS9 time and the Federation has hundreds of ships and that's only over a period of a few years.

I actually prefer the explanation that the Federation always had more ships... far more logical for an entity that sizable.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I actually prefer the explanation that the Federation always had more ships... far more logical for an entity that sizable.

Yes, of course that's a better explanation than the "Federation only had 60-80 ships" explanation. However, canon says that the Federation barely had any ships.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zi76 wrote: »
    Yes, of course that's a better explanation than the "Federation only had 60-80 ships" explanation. However, canon says that the Federation barely had any ships.

true yet u dont even have to go into ds9 in TNG episode Redemption picard uses 23 ships for his blockade that's nearly half of the ships lost at wolf 359.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited September 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    We're all DOOMED!!! :P

Wrong thread. This belongs in the DOOMED thread. Or maybe it's spreading ... like a disease ... and there's no cure ... where's that animated French policeman who served under Inspector Clouseau ... yes, Doo-Doo, that's the one. We'll throw him at the problem. Then it'll be DOO-DOOED, rather than DOOMED. But will that make enough of a difference?
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Never understood how the Mirror Terran Federation (or Empire, whatever) is able to mount attacks on our universe by now. 30 years ago, they were a bunch of rebels which made D'tan's movement look rich by comparison.

I basically assumed someone had armed them to destabilize their universe and the Prime Universe while they were at it. (Like those pesky Iconians, or maybe Memory Omega from the Mirror Universe books from a few years ago.)
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gl2814e wrote: »
    I basically assumed someone had armed them to destabilize their universe and the Prime Universe while they were at it. (Like those pesky Iconians, or maybe Memory Omega from the Mirror Universe books from a few years ago.)

I'd imagine it was the Tholians, it would make sense considering they're able to pull in mirror ships as reinforcements.
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am all for more Terran content. In fact, I wish they would sell the paint scheme and I.S.S. prefix in the Z store so I could have a Terran Galaxy X.
    The Terran Assault Division is here for you brothers. Reach out to us.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    They're invading, and I mean a damned full scaled invasion this time. They're throwing everything they've got into our Universe. They're going to take out the Federation, then the Klingon Empire, then the Cardassians, then... well probably D'Tan and his little Republic.

They're going to rule the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, then they're going to take the fight to the Borg, Undine, Elachi, Iconian and whoever else dare stand in their way. If people feared a Dominion occupation, they have no idea what's coming with a Terran Empire takeover. We're all DOOMED!!! :P
    Terran Empire is going to be the next full faction!

Honestly, all that would be needed is to add a mirror Sol system, edit the text in the mission dialog boxes and give the ships purple warp nacelles.
  • emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A Terran Empire faction would be loads of fun. I could create evil versions of my Fed characters, which would be gloriously epic!

I at least hope for more Terran Empire Fed missions. Like others have said, it would be a good opportunity to answer some of the questions surrounding the plot. A Mirror/Tholian alliance? Could be a really interesting story. Much more interesting than the Iconians meddling about.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Speak for yourself. I, for one, welcome our new overlords and their 'John Wayne Toilet Paper' methods. In exchange for my loyalty to the Terran Empire, all I ask is a tall, tall ship... with a full loadout of weapons to blast my opponents out of the stars with.

You must not pay attention to anything in the game.

The in-game Federation has you blast everything already. I mean, they send you to kill a base of Romulan doctors and researchers that had nothing to do with what you were originally sent in for. When it becomes apparent that Starfleet has been infiltrated by Undine, they immediately send you to... pick a fight with Romulans.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do not believe a full faction is in store for us, not when the Federation already has the uniforms and prefix/ships. It would be nice to see a Mirror SOL or DS9. The best we can hope for are more ways to enforce that we are Terran within the existing Federation.