test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pet Formation Option

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Pets do a good job of spreading out and not being totally wiped out from torp spreads and such. But, they spend a lot of time hitting target shields and not hull.

Possible option to help. Add a formation button. Your pets form up with you and fire at the same target you do. More of their firepower hits the same shield facing on the target. Pets may be more vulnerable in formation, but that would be the price.

Comments?
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I actually like that idea.
    My little hangar pets tend to go off on their own and shoot random targets. Not much use.
    Mostly just keep them on guard duty shooting down High Yield Plasma torpedo's and the like.
    Having a formation, with controlled targets, now that would make a Carrier really stand out.
    Ok, maybe not stand out, but it would help.
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • Options
    nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dig this proposal.

I love carrier type of ships when the pets manage to actually stay with me and not running away, like they mostly do to find their own adventures, or fall behind the half sector if i use full impulse.

The Wing cannon platforms for the Kumari works great, but they are not actual pets, as in carrier, but if carrier pets could stick in formation like that, it would be a lot better.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Or even if each wing could be locked in formation, so their firepower was more concentrated.

Of course, the actual result of this would be the entire wing ignoring your commands and flying off to the other side of the galaxy.