test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Unproduced Stories That Were Never Filmed

cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Ten Forward
I thought these might be interesting to discuss. Hopefully some day these and others like them will be published in full for us Trek fans to enjoy. Specically, the following really would have been an interesting twist to Voyager I would have loved to have seen fleshed out.
STVOY: Janeway on Trial

Ronald D. Moore makes his second appearance on this list with a story that would have seen the Voyager crew mutiny and put Captain Janeway on trial. With a blended Federation/Marquis crew, Voyager had a golden opportunity to ask the question, do Starfleet’s ideals and values still apply when times are desperate? Janeway requiring her crew to stick by Star Fleet rules even at great personal cost, could have led to a mutiny and a great story.

Moore wanted to challenge the concept of Voyager and provide Janeway actress Kate Mulgrew with the opportunity to do more with the character, but it was not to be. Moore’s Battlestar Galactica ran with the concept of a mutiny aboard the Galactica in Season 4 (A Disquiet Follows My Soul, The Oath, Blood on The Scales) which saw key characters take sides over the direction of the “rag tag, fugitive fleet,” in a great story arc and showed how much of an opportunity was missed on STVOY.

Another that really catches my attention is the following.
Crossover with Doctor Who

While later depicted in comic form, two of science fiction’s greatest and longest lived franchises had never teamed up before. Russell T. Davis former showrunner for Doctor Who has confirmed that had Enterprise not been cancelled, he would have been looking to bring the Tardis into Federation Space.
<
> <
> <
>
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Post edited by cookiecrook on

Comments

• steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited September 2013
    They missed one from TOS that I would have been very interested in seeing.

Quoting from Memory Alpha:
    Joanna was created as the result of a conversation between D.C. Fontana and DeForest Kelley between the first and second seasons of The Original Series. Fontana proposed that McCoy could have an estranged son, to which Kelley replied that he thought the doctor should instead have a daughter. Consequently Joanna was added to the series bible. (Writer's Notebook: D.C. Fontana, TOS Season 2 DVD special features)

In The Making of Star Trek by Stephen E. Whitfield and Gene Roddenberry, which was written before the original series's third season had aired, Gene Roddenberry is quoted as saying "In a future story we will bring McCoy's daughter Joanna aboard. She will be a lovely girl, and Captain Kirk, of course, is going to be involved with her. Dr. McCoy is suddenly going to discover he is a father viewing Kirk from a father's perspective. An interesting and sometimes angry new McCoy-Kirk relationship will be seen."
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The best-known unproduced Trek story was a TNG script called "Blood and Fire", which would have featured an openly TRIBBLE couple and an allegory to the AIDS pandemic. Its author, David Gerrold, quit the TNG staff after Paramount rejected it.

This, and several more undeveloped TNG stories are covered on Memory Alpha, which also has pages covering the other series' undeveloped stories.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited September 2013
    The best-known unproduced Trek story was a TNG script called "Blood and Fire", which would have featured an openly TRIBBLE couple and an allegory to the AIDS pandemic. Its author, David Gerrold, quit the TNG staff after Paramount rejected it.

This, and several more undeveloped TNG stories are covered on Memory Alpha, which also has pages covering the other series' undeveloped stories.

Ah, but it was produced, online! enjoy

http://digitalnewage.com/dnapartners/stp2/default.asp?epi=BaF-PT1
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The best-known unproduced Trek story was a TNG script called "Blood and Fire", which would have featured an openly TRIBBLE couple and an allegory to the AIDS pandemic.
    To boldly go where several men have gone before?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I gave Xon a cameo in one of my LC entries :cool:
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Considering these scripts never saw the light of day. I wonder if Cryptic could actually get their hands on them and use them in STO.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.