test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calling all Fleets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kryptonianbadboykryptonianbadboy Member Posts: 88 Arc User
Well it looks like the fleets got something ( Dilthium Mine). but what fleets need are thing they could use not something else to grind on. Yes the members in the fleet I am in are coming together to do projects but contributions are a hard go since the more evolved the fleet is the more dilthium and fleet marks you need (and yes I know fleets get a discount for leveling the Dilthium mine). I'm urging people to look over the list we have made so far post your support for fleet getting something that won't lead to a grind fest in game something that could bring people together. If it's not on the list we can put it on. We as a community can shine a light on the needs and wants of players who use this fleet system. all we need is a united strong voice to be heard.

Optional Improvements ( To be Decided by the individual fleet's Leadership. Ex. Fleet A uses all 7 ranks but Fleet B decides only to use 4 of the 7 ranks)

1. Increase Fleet Ranks from 7 to 12.

2. In-Game Recogition of Fleet Alliances.
A. Allied fleets would be able to help with starbase and embassy projects rewarding the helping fleet with provisions and the receiving fleet with the needed XP for the projects.
B. Access to starbases and embassies of Allied fleets to buy items from store using the provisions from the members own fleet.

3. Individual Fleet Member Permissions

4. Updated fleet reporting that includes provisions used by members. Along with being able to sort by members @handle.

5. Updated fleet roster to show how many days a members has been in the fleet and who recruited them.

6. Additional fleet bank slots.
7. Fleet retrofit shuttle.

8. Fleet sector space with PvP Capablity.

9. fleet unlockable uniforms projects.
10. fleet Foundry mission that would generate dilithium for the fleets in use of the tip. Along with collaboration among the fleet members (working on it together at the same time). Along with this I would like to have the different tier starbases for maps interior and exterior.

11. Ability to remove starbase personnel similar to that of the hide winter d?cor button.

12. Ability to change starbase / Embassy personnel uniforms to the actual fleet uniform.

13. Special projects to change the fleet star base background.

This is not new it's a subject that has been around for along time.
Check these links learn more:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=592441
, http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221559.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=744351
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out "Welcome to the 77th" in the foundry!!!!
Post edited by kryptonianbadboy on

Comments

• oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We as a community can shine a light on the needs and wants of players who use this fleet system. all we need is a united strong voice to be heard.

May I ask who you are to speak for me and/or my fleet? You do not know me, or my fleetmates, or what our wants and needs are. I understand you have ideas, some of them good. But you do not speak for me, my fleet, or anyone else in the community.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • kryptonianbadboykryptonianbadboy Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    May I ask who you are to speak for me and/or my fleet? You do not know me, or my fleetmates, or what our wants and needs are. I understand you have ideas, some of them good. But you do not speak for me, my fleet, or anyone else in the community.

I'm trying to start a conversation and would like to know what ideas you and your fleetmates have to make it a better in-game play. I'm sure you and your fleet has some ideas to improve the system please voice them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yay, thank you for dumping more work in my lap.

I'm an officer of a fleet with about 100 members; ya think I like the idea of going through the entire list (Twice, since we, in fuction, are a dual faction fleet, KDF side I'm a leader) and making sure each person has the right permissions. That's kinda why they're tied to ranks.

You really only need 4 ranks

Leader
    Officer
    New Recruit

and could do with a 5th in the middle

"Member with privlege"
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
    edited September 2013
    Yay, thank you for dumping more work in my lap.

I'm an officer of a fleet with about 100 members; ya think I like the idea of going through the entire list (Twice, since we, in fuction, are a dual faction fleet, KDF side I'm a leader) and making sure each person has the right permissions. That's kinda why they're tied to ranks.

You really only need 4 ranks

Leader
    Officer
    New Recruit

and could do with a 5th in the middle

"Member with privlege"

In the system we have you can just have 4 ranks expanding the number of ranks would not change that it's there if you need it. As for individual permissions would be an option as well. These are ideas for options for fleet to use or not to use it s the fleet leaders choice not for required use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really don't get why people say we need more fleet ranks. I find seven to be slightly too many.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Really? Why?

2. In-Game Recogition of Fleet Alliances....
    I bet that would be a nightmare for the programming team

Already ingame, if someone exceeds the expectations: promote that player, if he is a substandard player: demote

4. Updated fleet reporting that includes provisions used by members.
    That would be cool, so some of the leeches could be axed

It would be the first usefull Dilithium Projecto IMHO

I would buy that at once... no, wait ... i would buy it a once if the price is right.

11. Ability to remove starbase personnel similar to that of the hide winter d?cor button.
    I would like the ability to choose the type of Starbase Personnel

12. Ability to change starbase / Embassy personnel uniforms to the actual fleet uniform.
    I would not say no to this

Message to short...
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

A. Allied fleets would be able to help with starbase and embassy projects rewarding the helping fleet with provisions and the receiving fleet with the needed XP for the projects.
    B. Access to starbases and embassies of Allied fleets to buy items from store using the provisions from the members own fleet.

5. Updated fleet roster to show how many days a members has been in the fleet and who recruited them.

10. fleet Foundry mission that would generate dilithium for the fleets in use of the tip. Along with collaboration among the fleet members (working on it together at the same time). Along with this I would like to have the different tier starbases for maps interior and exterior.

I'm on board with an increase in both fleet ranks and in fleet bank tabs. 12? I'd be happy with 10.

Additional fleet ranks would let fleet leaders better tailor certain ranks to certain privileges to create positions of responsibility. Additional bank tabs would make it easier to create special-purpose repositories.

I'm not sold on system-supported Alliances yet.

I don't think individual member permissions are a good idea.

Thumbs up for better fleet management tools.

No strong opinion about any of the other proposals.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would like the ability to sort the fleet roster by @handle in addition to sorting by Character name.
    edited September 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    I would like the ability to sort the fleet roster by @handle in addition to sorting by Character name.

Great idea , added it to the list and thanks for the contribution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd love a series of permanent special projects that allowed you to move your starbase.

By that i mean, change the space that it's in.

Sto has some simply gorgeous backround art, I'd more than happily fork out 200k dilithium if i could move my Starbase to the Azure Nebula or to a system with a planet backdrop (This would also translate to Fleet alerts, and i guess it would make identifying the fleet in question)

I don't understand how the fleet starbase has been put in the blandest part of space in a game that has some simply awesome backdrops O.o
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Message to short...

+1 to this edit
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well it looks like the fleets got something ( Dilthium Mine). but what fleets need are thing they could use not something else to grind on. Yes the members in the fleet I am in are coming together to do projects but contributions are a hard go since the more evolved the fleet is the more dilthium and fleet marks you need (and yes I know fleets get a discount for leveling the Dilthium mine). I'm urging people to look over the list we have made so far post your support for fleet getting something that won't lead to a grind fest in game something that could bring people together. If it's not on the list we can put it on. We as a community can shine a light on the needs and wants of players who use this fleet system. all we need is a united strong voice to be heard.

1. I support this strongly.
    2. I support this (with reservations about part B).
    3. I support this.
    4. I could go either way with this. While it would provide a more detailed report, I'm not sure I would ever use it.
    5. I support this.
    6. I absolutely support this very strongly.
    7. Not sure about this.
    8. I don't support this, but I wouldn't oppose it, as long as it remained voluntary.
    9. Not convinced; we have fleet uniforms now, but the preview is broken and you have to go make the uniform and save it in the tailor first anyway. How about fixing the preview first and then working on a way to allow us to make the uniforms through the fleet control window without having to go to the tailor? After that fix/improvement, then maybe we could discuss additional uniforms.
    10. I'm not sure what you're saying in the first part. The last part I support, in particular as it was expressed by latiasracer. There are several systems that are simply stunning, such as Sierra system, Maiewski system, and the Azure Nebula, among others.
    11. I do not support this; I don't see the need, nor can I imagine wanting to do it.
    12. I absolutely support this very strongly (also for our DOffs on our ships, but that's another matter, albeit related).
    edited September 2013
    I'd love a series of permanent special projects that allowed you to move your starbase.

By that i mean, change the space that it's in.

Sto has some simply gorgeous backround art, I'd more than happily fork out 200k dilithium if i could move my Starbase to the Azure Nebula or to a system with a planet backdrop (This would also translate to Fleet alerts, and i guess it would make identifying the fleet in question)

I don't understand how the fleet starbase has been put in the blandest part of space in a game that has some simply awesome backdrops O.o

Great Idea added to the list!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Individual member permissions, good lord what a disaster that would be. In doing a lot of starbase map invites I meet people every day who have beg or bribe permission to use every provision.

I truly do not understand why people stay with and contribute to fleets run like that, but they do, and individual permissions would just TRIBBLE over the people stuck in fleets lead by jerks even more.
  • dechala1dechala1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about creating a pool that fleet members can donate to, from which projects can be completed from.

Thus allowing members to donate to the fleet and let the leadership decide where the resources go without throttling donations to "whoever is online when projects are available". Allowing members to donate what they can (newer members could donate cxp and such, older members dilithium, etc.) when they can.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would like to see the art for the Starbase, Embassy, and Dilithium Mine added to the foundry so that foundry authors in fleets can make missions that are about the fleet and can provide a storyline for their fleet to follow as they complete these missions.

This would be an excellent RP tool for foundry authors and while the missions for my fleet might not be something all players in STO want play, they could make a special tab in the foundry for Fleet Missions so that they are not mixed in with the bulk of the missions that are part of the foundry selections.

I also really do like the idea one poster had here about being able to move your fleet facilities to new locations, that would be awesome indeed. It should cost a lot to do this and the more exotic the location the more it should cost.
    edited September 2013
    I would like to see the art for the Starbase, Embassy, and Dilithium Mine added to the foundry so that foundry authors in fleets can make missions that are about the fleet and can provide a storyline for their fleet to follow as they complete these missions.

This would be an excellent RP tool for foundry authors and while the missions for my fleet might not be something all players in STO want play, they could make a special tab in the foundry for Fleet Missions so that they are not mixed in with the bulk of the missions that are part of the foundry selections.

I also really do like the idea one poster had here about being able to move you fleet facilities to new locations, that would be awesome indeed. It should cost a lot to do this and them more exotic the location the more it should cost.

Fleet maps that are created by players in foundry that can hold more than 5 players would be awesome for RPers in STO. That would be an awesome special project that fleets certain fleets could get excited about and not mind dropping the resources to do. I feel the foundry is a great tool in this game and hopefully get more intergrated in to actual in game, but first they need to get the costume importer back in but that's a whole other thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    4. I could go either way with this. While it would provide a more detailed report, I'm not sure I would ever use it.
    ).
    I feel it would be a valuable tool for fleet leadership to maintain provisions in the fleet along with seeing who's hand is the cookie jar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]