test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What did I run into?

sanasitsanasit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Today in the Nek'var, (or in case I miss-spelled it; the pvp area where you have to decipher the borg cubes, then hit the repair hulks). I ran into another BOP, assuming he/she was just there to do the quests, I tried to steer clear.

Whether intentionally or un-intentionally we ended up on the same target, (a borg probe), then I ended up targeting him/her. At any rate he/she returned fire in which I was soundly beaten, (kudos to them). However during the fight, it seemed that I was stuck between being cloaked, (couldn't fire weapons), and being uncloaked, (they were continuously able to target/fire at me). Is this some sort of bug, or some other nefarious buff/debuff I haven't learned about yet?:eek:

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by sanasit on

Comments

• Options
    alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sanasit wrote: »
    Today in the Nek'var, (or in case I miss-spelled it; the pvp area where you have to decipher the borg cubes, then hit the repair hulks). I ran into another BOP, assuming he/she was just there to do the quests, I tried to steer clear.

Whether intentionally or un-intentionally we ended up on the same target, (a borg probe), then I ended up targeting him/her. At any rate he/she returned fire in which I was soundly beaten, (kudos to them). However during the fight, it seemed that I was stuck between being cloaked, (couldn't fire weapons), and being uncloaked, (they were continuously able to target/fire at me). Is this some sort of bug, or some other nefarious buff/debuff I haven't learned about yet?:eek:

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you found the klingon only version of karrat, and as karrat that map is a pvp map so you will run into other players doing the quest and part of that quest is to stop the other side from completing the quest,

as for what you ran into? i have no clue, did you hit a tricobolt mine layed by the other player? (was your tray completly grayed for a couple of secs?) did the other player use one of the fancy abilitys that everyone is talking about on the PVP forums? with out knowing this, i donno if we can give you good anwsers
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tricobalt mine, tholian web mine, or other disable. If you could still use other powers, it could have been anything from target weapons to the subspace integration circuit (was there a big black and green spacial rift near you?) that just disabled your weapons.
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sanasit wrote: »

Thanks in advance!
    N'Vak

Despite its location, it most certainly is an open PvP zone. Pretty sure one of the "contact" dialogues mentions that (I think Menbet.) Sure is funny though when KDFs in there rage over me stealing scans from them while they waste time with borg.

"You (expletive) - you're scan stealing while I do all the work. We're on the same side, n00b!"

**Cloaks.

**Targets ship

**Powers Red matter capacitor, hits Alpha, decloaks and -

"FIRE EVERYTHING!"

:D
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    sanasitsanasit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Tricobalt mine, tholian web mine, or other disable. If you could still use other powers, it could have been anything from target weapons to the subspace integration circuit (was there a big black and green spacial rift near you?) that just disabled your weapons.

To be honest, not sure, don't think at the rate that he/she was flying around cloaked alot that they had time to drop mines in the area we were in. (but hey, they could've been real quick on the trigger).

Scanned the PVP forums a bit looking for something like what I experienced, but haven't came across anything so far, (ship looking like it was "stuck" in cloak, i.e. solid but had a blue covering).

To be honest if they did use something other than the myriad number of green 'rupter bolts coming my way, don't think I would've noticed as I was too frantically mashing buttons in an attempt to return fire! :D

Thanks for the info tho. :)