test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP queues

queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I think of an idea for the PVP queue system and wanted everyone?s opinion on it.

Instead of what we have now how about

1 vs. 1 arena, mixed factions (could be FED vs. FED or KDF vs. FED or KDF vs. KDF), instead of 15 for a score it would be 2, no pre teamed players can join the queue. Does not count towards the daily.

3 vs. 3 arena, mixed factions and teams (could be 2 KDF and 1 FED vs. 2 FED and I KDF), instead of 15 for a score it would be 6, no pre teamed players can join the queue. Still counts towards the daily.

5 vs. 5 arena, mixed factions (could be FED vs. FED or KDF vs. FED or KDF vs. KDF), instead of 15 for a score it would be 10, only pre teamed players can join queues (pug made or premade). Still counts towards the daily.

Capture and Hold would stay the same or be combined into one.

Now let me explain my thinking a little more or stop reading and reply you don?t like it;).

1 vs. 1 arena, I almost didn?t put this one. I don?t think I would ever do it but almost every day I see someone asking for 1 vs. 1.

3 vs. 3 arena, this is pug matches. I went with only 3 on a team so the queues are faster and new players only have 60% of the information to keep track of during a match. I say no pre teamed players because the matches should be more balanced and more fun. Also 3 vs. 3 is the bait to get new players to PVP and have fun while they learn. As the player gets into PVP more they can start doing 5 vs. 5 teamed games.

5 vs. 5 arena, this is how the game is meant to be played. But teamed play doesn?t work when you have players that only want the daily, play solo, etc. That?s why this queue is limited to pre teamed players note this should help with AFKers. I am sure some people like pug stomping, but more than likely they like beating an organized team more. I made the wining score 10 because a well-balanced match takes forever to get 15 kills.

Lastly you say ?What about red vs. blue? I say save it for a territory control game.

The following is off of the queue topic and a little bit about territory control.

I really think territory control will make it into the game because they are making a PVE territory control. While it is content for PVE I think it is also a test bed for a PVP territory control game. They have to secretly test any new big PVP game mechanics before they put it into PVP so they are perfect. When they do finally do a big PVP update it has to be as perfect as possible. I think a good sized group have tried PVP but didn?t like it because of the issues. But if they say ?Come check out the big new shiny PVP system? and it still isn?t really fun and fair they will never get those players to try it again. You know the old saying ?Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me?.
I am @allenlabarge in game :D
Post edited by queue38 on

Comments

• playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1v1 queque? lol, this is a TEAM based game, 1vs1 is patetic in this game, the more simple example: 2 guys with battle cloak lol. For duels just right click in the handler and challenge, that is how duels work in most of the games.

PvP should have a matchmaking system. Only 2 queques: arena and C&H. The system should internaly match the players according to they experience in pvp (that would require some kind of stadistic that count the ratio of played/win matches for example), and also should match premade teams. If there are 2 premade teams in queque, send them to the same match, no to diferent match vs pugs. IF there is no other premade team, ok send them vs the pugs. Just a simple algorim for a more inteligent matchmaking

The cs:go matchmaking system is a good example, cryptic should take a few pages of the valve book.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »
    1v1 queque? lol, this is a TEAM based game, 1vs1 is patetic in this game, the more simple example: 2 guys with battle cloak lol. For duels just right click in the handler and challenge, that is how duels work in most of the games.

PvP should have a matchmaking system. Only 2 queques: arena and C&H. The system should internaly match the players according to they experience in pvp (that would require some kind of stadistic that count the ratio of played/win matches for example), and also should match premade teams. If there are 2 premade teams in queque, send them to the same match, no to diferent match vs pugs. IF there is no other premade team, ok send them vs the pugs. Just a simple algorim for a more inteligent matchmaking

I really wasn't sure if I should put 1 vs. 1 or not I really didn't think it is a good idea. but having a 1 vs. 1 queue would make it easier for the people that do want to do it. for what ever odd reason people want to.
    I am @allenlabarge in game :D