test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Weak" D'deridex ultra buff!

ellandhorellandhor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I've been noticing lately that when I encounter enemy D'deridex ships, I tend to blow up a lot without explanatin. I trully make sure to stay at a good distance and never in front of them. In the simple mission "Frozen" (the Reman Vault series), I went right behind one of them and opened fire. I had full shields, full hull, resistances active etc. And I was instakilled.

This is the third time it has happened, with different characters (and different D'deridex ships, different missions). So I opened up the combat report, only to see that the supposed "weak" ship fired a "Heavy I" plasma torpedo a few moments AFTER I removed the "High Yield" buff from it. The torpedo ripped right through my shields and took out the ENTIRE hull in one go.

Damage dealt in detail with the same torpedo! Keep in mind that shields were @ max when it was fired (from 2km distance). I'm marking the D'deridex's actions and the ultra hits in yellow! I haven't received that amount of damage from the Elachi Mothership or the Emperess Sela's super weapon!
[CombatAlert] Sir, we've engaged the enemy!
Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 658 (765) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 85 (850) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 465 (704) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Array gives 520 (788) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 78 (601) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Array deals 88 (672) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 233 (353) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 728 (1103) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 39 (301) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 123 (940) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 436 (661) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 73 (564) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 204 (309) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 34 (264) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 496 (751) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 83 (641) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 464 (704) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 238 (360) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 78 (600) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 40 (307) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 224 (339) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Array gives 541 (820) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 38 (289) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Array deals 91 (699) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 79 (86) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 752 (1139) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 127 (971) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 90 (98) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 93 (101) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.

Your Plasma Array gives 590 (894) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Array deals 99 (762) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 729 (1104) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 123 (942) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 89 (97) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 548 (830) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 92 (708) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser's Disruptor Array gives 286 (190) to your Shields.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 21 (347) Disruptor Damage to you with Disruptor Array.

Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 277 (420) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 47 (358) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 93 (101) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
[CombatAlert] Captain, our enemy's facing shields are down!
Your Bio-Molecular Warhead - Salvo I gives 932 (5650) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 395 (599) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Bio-Molecular Warhead - Salvo I deals 628 (4818) Kinetic Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 417 (779) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 501 (385) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Bio-Molecular Warhead - Salvo I deals 5932 (4552) Kinetic Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 81 (88) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 1317 (1010) Tetryon Damage(Critical) to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 474 (364) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 784 (602) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 444 (341) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 88 (96) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 90 (98) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.

Your Plasma Array deals 765 (587) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser's Disruptor Array gives 269 (191) to your Shields.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 21 (348) Disruptor Damage to you with Disruptor Array.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 183 (199) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Tractor Beam III.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 81 (88) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.

Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 704 (1067) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 119 (910) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 661 (1002) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 111 (854) Tetryon Damage(Critical) to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 85 (92) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Plasma Array gives 476 (721) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Array deals 80 (615) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser's Disruptor Array gives 323 (229) to your Shields.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 25 (417) Disruptor Damage to you with Disruptor Array.

Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 439 (665) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 74 (567) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 89 (97) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 407 (617) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 223 (338) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 69 (526) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 38 (289) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 562 (851) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 95 (726) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III gives 375 (567) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 202 (307) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Cannons - Rapid Fire III deals 63 (484) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 34 (262) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 94 (102) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 211 (319) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Array gives 425 (644) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 35 (272) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Plasma Array deals 72 (549) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 86 (94) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III gives 203 (307) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Turret - Rapid Fire III deals 34 (262) Plasma Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 619 (938) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 104 (800) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 85 (92) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Plasma Array gives 771 (1167) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Plasma Array deals 130 (996) Plasma Damage(Critical) to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 79 (86) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks gives 616 (933) to D'deridex Battlecruiser's Shields.
Your Dual Tetryon Banks deals 104 (796) Tetryon Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
D'deridex Battlecruiser's Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I gives 5515 (23604) to your Shields.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 3145 (29087) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I.
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 290 (477) Plasma Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I.
[COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"][CombatAlert] Captain, our forward shield is down![/COLOR]
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 80 (87) Kinetic Damage to you with Tractor Beam III.
an unknown entity deals 290 (477) Plasma Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I.

D'deridex Battlecruiser's Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I gives 3345 (14315) to your Shields.
(???)
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 12470 (29126) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I
D'deridex Battlecruiser's Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I gives 1956 (8373) to your Shields. (???)
D'deridex Battlecruiser deals 15764 (26247) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I.

Can someone please explain that?!
Post edited by ellandhor on

Comments

• trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All this darn Embassy plasma consoles :p

D'D's do this really annoying TB3>>Photonic Shockwave>>HYPT x3 combo (w/ optional sub nuc) that if I'm unluck enough or stupid enough to stay within 5km it was always a 1 shot kill. Wondering if this is what you are running into.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Preferably attack D'Deridex NPC ships from the flank or rear, and there isn't any issue at all.

Keep rolling around the game and mowing NPC ships all the time, it's easy to get complacent. But get caught in front of a Double-D, you'll quickly have some problems.

Polarize Hull and several other skills will get you out of the Tractor Beam.

Engineering Team will cure your Viral Matrix ailments.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited September 2013
    Oh god, I forgot about viral matrix. I learned my lesson long ago, only take on from afar.

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh god, I forgot about viral matrix. I learned my lesson long ago, only take on from afar.

Side note: The Romulan / Reman Space Set + T5 D'Deridex actually allows you to be pretty good in replicating the abilities of the NPC Double-D, particularly if you're a SCI Captain :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2013
    I miss the yo-yo HY plasma torpedo comedy i got from shooting NPC romies with plasma beams. Romie BOP would fire a destructible torp, and i would watch it bounce again and again off of the the poor thing... Oooooh the HIlarity.
  • mll623mll623 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You got hit by at least 3 heavy torpedoes at once. The NPC D'deridex has the ability to spam 4? heavy torpedoes in a couple seconds. The best counter is to stay at least 5km out and use BFaW or CSV to take them down as they are fired. Otherwise, they will hit for a LOT of damage.
    edited September 2013
    Lesson here is simple, NPC D'D are and have been devastating if you get with in 5km range of them (big time no, no). Your friend against D'D is any sort of spam clean up ability, some kind of an AOE effect that last a short duration or an "Oh sh...!" button (Particle Burst Photonic Shockwave). Another very helpful tool with the D'D is Science Team (cleanse Viral Matrix/Photonic Shockwave and Shield Heal to heal with heavy torps). I use to run with Science Team and the D'D was a real no issue, then I got into end game content, focused on TT1+TSS since Sci Team shared a CD TT1 and when the Rom Rep it all of a sudden I noticed that if I got to close to the D'D I was in real trouble.

The D'D is not a push over, sometimes you just have the counters without even realizing it, like Science Team.

• ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Scatter Volley 3 will take down the facing shield of the Derpaducks, if you time it right, a follow up with a HY3 quantum or Rom Hyper launcher will destroy it.

But yeah, never face it head on. You might be able to kill it, but your ship will almost be as bad off.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.