test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF got attack dogs now?

redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I think I missed something as I read somewhere (I forgot where, sorry) that KDF characters can now use attack dogs or something along those lines. Can anyone give me more info on this? Is this a kit ability or Captain ability?
[SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by redheadguy on

Comments

• kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Jackal Mastiff from the Rura Penthe mission. It's a reusable item. Personally, I haven't really used it, since my Gorn isn't Sci, and even if he was, I'm not sure you can heal combat pets.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dude I strongly advise you to put the Mastiff as well as the Hortas if you have them on the Boffs you use for your away team missions. The Boffs will summon them in combat and you'll never have to be concerned about using them or not.

They must have changed how boffs act, in the past mine never used their horta for me.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I love that little jackal mastiff, always good to bring out when things start getting a little rough.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    Boffs use the Ophidian cane from the spectres mission chain too. So if you have that in your bank gathering dust as well toss it on a BOFF.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    seannewboy wrote: »
    They must have changed how boffs act, in the past mine never used their horta for me.

I first noticed it during the LoR test, but they're actually pretty consistent about using them, now. Mine always seem to use them simultaneously, so they're not even as inconsistent with them as they are with other devices - they're firing them pretty much on cooldown.
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited September 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    I first noticed it during the LoR test, but they're actually pretty consistent about using them, now. Mine always seem to use them simultaneously, so they're not even as inconsistent with them as they are with other devices - they're firing them pretty much on cooldown.

Damn! I have to start doing this. It should add a bit more entertainment to ground missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I love that little jackal mastiff, always good to bring out when things start getting a little rough.

As do I. Though I was the JM would level up as we do so its stronger at endgame.

Honestly though, we KDF need a Targ handling kit choice to let is summon pets like the NPCs.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Honestly though, we KDF need a Targ handling kit choice to let is summon pets like the NPCs.

Remember a time when they said we were going to have raiseable Targ Attack pets? :rolleyes:

Not hard at all since they could use the same system they used for Epohhs and birds. :P
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    As do I. Though I was the JM would level up as we do so its stronger at endgame.

A universal kit, so that no one career gets all the targ-handling to themselves.

Or a set of three kits, each with a targ and a different set of other abilities.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Remember a time when they said we were going to have raiseable Targ Attack pets? :rolleyes:.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    ExtxpTp.jpg