test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingons ruin their own PvP

2»

Comments

• earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I feel it is my duty to chime in on these threads laced with ignorance. First off there is no such thing as "spawn camping" Second if the enemy failed to avoid deployment suppression then it's their fault for not having the knowledge, skill, or build to escape such a valuable tactic. The enemy can't cap if they are dead all the time after all! Such a team would have had the same issue on an arena map as well!

Lol, no such thing as "spawn-camping"? You obviously have no idea what the term means, as from the description of what the OP described, that is most certainly "Spawn-camping". And you're talk of "deployment suppression" is invalid, as in reality, there would be no "one point in space where everyone pops in", ships at warp would be popping in a fairly wide variety of areas. And it just sounds like you're defending a bs tactic "Oh if they're dead, they can't cap". How about moving off, and actually engaging in a fight? Might not go your way all the time, then though, huh?
    Granted, this is all from someone who does little to no PvP in this game, as quite frankly, I'm disgusted by the behaviour of the average PvP'er in this game, and I fail to see why I should bother. Now, maybe, if the average PvP'er should start showing some maturity, I might start changing my opinion, but until they get rid of the typical MMO'er, and aim this game towards people that truly like to game, rather than just prove they are the whiniest, that's not likely to happen. (And apologies out there to those PvP'ers that truly are gamers, and people with ethics, morals, and maturity, this comment is most certainly NOT aimed your way, just sadly, you guys are outnumbered by the immature brats out there)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wasn't aware people were using the KvK queues :P It was almost always at "0" to me.

That never really was a thing for the KDF, even going back to STO's release days. We don't fondle each other like the Feds do in FvF :D

A new signature, me thinks.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    You misunderstood my post. Read it again, the premades I refer to all are all Fed ones. I made no mention of any KDF premades.

Exactly! I was only mentioning that having run lots of pug FvF and FvK, I only ever saw one KDF fleet bring premades. Conversely I saw several fed fleet premades. I think your assessment is correct, the fed fleets like to get easy kills.
    edited September 2013
    I really hope the AceAss doesn't make its way to the fed side for some time... I have no doubt it will happen.

I mean none of us wanted the stupid leech to make it over but it did... now we all have to run a leech to offset all the darn leech. Where all down one console slot yay... The PvE kids are eating it up though the borg aren't happy.

There is so much other stuff now to throw in boxes... I sort of hope the next box doesn't have any cross faction at all. :)

Actually many feds cried for the leech to be brought over (even though it was slated to cross faction anyways when the KDF consoles first appeared ingame).
    Several threads existed at the time. Many claiming that the leech must be cross faction due to the unrealistic OP pairing of MaCO and leech belief many feds thought was possible only for KDF toons.

R.I.P
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Actually many feds cried for the leech to be brought over (even though it was slated to cross faction anyways when the KDF consoles first appeared ingame).
    Several threads existed at the time. Many claiming that the leech must be cross faction due to the unrealistic OP pairing of MaCO and leech belief many feds thought was possible only for KDF toons.

I remember those threads Roach.

The one that stuck in my mind more was when Romulans were brought into the equation more, and how 'unfair' it'd be for KDF-Roms to have Leech and MACO shields.

I still wonder to this day, if those threads were the cause of the devs to not allow MACO and Leech to stack anymore, or if they planned it irregardless.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited September 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I remember those threads Roach.

The one that stuck in my mind more was when Romulans were brought into the equation more, and how 'unfair' it'd be for KDF-Roms to have Leech and MACO shields.

I still wonder to this day, if those threads were the cause of the devs to not allow MACO and Leech to stack anymore, or if they planned it irregardless.

It would not surprise me at alll. The feds wanted an advantage they saw as KDF exclusive so the Devs took it from everyone. It was the only honorable thing to do.

R.I.P
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Na the cause of the leech going fed was pure greed nothing more.

Lets all be honest its the most broken console in the game it always was. Cryptic has a few guys that think about balance a bit and do things like -40 power for roms... then they have other guys there that do nothing but montonize all the weaknesses added by the guys trying to balance things.

Now we are all complaining about everyone having to much power... so ya with that in mind Aceton will be in the next box 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited September 2013
    Na the cause of the leech going fed was pure greed nothing more.

Lets all be honest its the most broken console in the game it always was. Cryptic has a few guys that think about balance a bit and do things like -40 power for roms... then they have other guys there that do nothing but montonize all the weaknesses added by the guys trying to balance things.

Now we are all complaining about everyone having to much power... so ya with that in mind Aceton will be in the next box 100%

Yes. Cryptic saw a money making opportunity fueled by Fed greed and outcry to posses it.

R.I.P