test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Plasma vs Spiral Waves

tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi everyone. The title pretty much sums it up. I've got my main character ship and gear where I want it, so now I'm working on upgrading my main alt. I've put him in a new ship (FACR,) and got him an elite fleet shield, and XII Borg deflector and engines. I've also got two new mine armor consoles on his ship. Now I'm thinking about upgrading his weapons. At the moment I'm using 6 Spiral Waves, plus the WAL and the KCB. Some things to consider:
  1. I've already sunk a considerable dil investment into the Spirals, around 300k for the six of them.
  2. I already have blue XII disruptor consoles.
  3. I don't use any embassy consoles. I don't really have room, so the bous damage is a moot point.
  4. I use the Romulan console, but not any other piece of the set (currently,) so the bonus from that is moot as well.

Is it worth it to upgrade to the RomPlasma? If I did, I'd have to grind a lot of dil and rommy marks, since I'd want to get the experimental beam. Or should I save my dil, and put it to use on my other alts?
Post edited by tcostik on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Since you already have the Spiral Waves, you'd be spending a huge amount for an incredibly small difference. Plus your extra [dmg]x2 mods are probably worth more than the plasma burns anyways. Not worth the changeover.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2013
    Stick with the spiral waves imo. I'm still using the extremely easy to get pre season 7 borg salvage mk XII stuff.

There's very little reason to change energy types unless going for something like a full drain build (use polarons) or you're using a ship that benefits from tactical consoles of a specific energy type, like the 1000 day ships.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agreed, stick with the spirals.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd go with what bpharma said: stick with the Spirals.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    If you REALLY must have that plasma proc added you could use a single embassy sci console with the [Pla] modifier.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    If you REALLY must have that plasma proc added you could use a single embassy sci console with the [Pla] modifier.

He would be using rom plasmas to take advantage of the +8% bonus damage from the consoles. Not specifically the proc
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks everyone. You've confirmed pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
  • lordkundolordkundo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm my opinion the romulan plasma weapons are the best weapons in the game. Made even more so with the addition of a few plasma infusers and some embassy science consoles. I have never personally used the spirals so I couldn't compare...but I'll give u a few things I DO know.

1. Disruptor and plasma proc...the disruptor proc increases the damage dealt from the plasma proc.

2. Use the whole romulan weapon set...the hyper flux is totally awesome.

3. Romulan beams+ plasma torps+ hyper flux= more plasma fire than a person can heal...especially if u have some elite scorpions thrown in as well.