test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account bound lobi instead of Toon bound

jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
hello
i have 16 toons now , some of them have lobi some of them not.

mostly its the older kdf players that have lobi excess i would not use and the new romi players that have non.

i want to spend lobi , i use the lobi and buying more lobi using all means possible when i want to , as i am sure everyone else do .

so cryptic why not let us please share the lobi and transfer excess amounts to the toons that actually can do something with it.

i got about 5 toons that have between 20-50 lobi on them . it simply make no sense that i cannot just move it to another toon where i can actually use it for something .

i know you want to make money and lobi which is a toon bind stuff is far more profitable for you then something account shared like stuff on the Zen store .
i dont contest that . your game after all not mine. so make the stuff you buy with lobi a toon bound , but at least let us put the lobi on a toon that will actually use it.

thank you
Post edited by jarheard on

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jarheard wrote: »
    hello
    i have 16 toons now , some of them have lobi some of them not.

mostly its the older kdf players that have lobi excess i would not use and the new romi players that have non.

i want to spend lobi , i use the lobi and buying more lobi using all means possible when i want to , as i am sure everyone else do .

so cryptic why not let us please share the lobi and transfer excess amounts to the toons that actually can do something with it.

i got about 5 toons that have between 20-50 lobi on them . it simply make no sense that i cannot just move it to another toon where i can actually use it for something .

i know you want to make money and lobi which is a toon bind stuff is far more profitable for you then something account shared like stuff on the Zen store .
    i dont contest that . your game after all not mine. so make the stuff you buy with lobi a toon bound , but at least let us put the lobi on a toon that will actually use it.

thank you

This idea has been brought up about a gazillion times, with afaik no response from the devs sadly.

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea, but it doesnt seem to be gaining any traction with Cryptic whatsoever.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    like rinkster said, brought up many many times and i think also asked in a askcryptic segment. i think the answer was something like "we look into it" and "no plans currently"

but yeah, that would just be great.
    Go pro or go home
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually there was a response to this by the devs, there would a possibility of exploits. My solution, get rid of the lobi from the featured episode replay, its only a max of 5 lobi per series and there is always a couple that are bugged.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually there was a response to this by the devs, there would a possibility of exploits. My solution, get rid of the lobi from the featured episode replay, its only a max of 5 lobi per series and there is always a couple that are bugged.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that response because it was so illogical it fails to stick in my memory.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    considering that you actually need to level a character to unlock the corresponding missions and after that delete it and start over for something that is worth not even 5 million EC, it would be an impressive idiotic feat to do that instead of just grinding dilithium and EC with one chararcter and buying keys in the same timeframe.

i'm counting here the 15 free lobi during the feature series week, which are once per character unlockable. I think this takes an average of 2 hours to gather.
    Go pro or go home
  • brangel13brangel13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The lobi mechanics are just as bad is the rich dilithium mining claims. Have over 400+ mining claims on my main toon, figure it will take me 1.25 years to use them all. Be nice to transfer them to other alts. :confused:
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

How about instead change rarity? Lobi from lockbox very rare account bound and from missions rare character bound.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    brangel13 wrote: »
    The lobi mechanics are just as bad is the rich dilithium mining claims. Have over 400+ mining claims on my main toon, figure it will take me 1.25 years to use them all. Be nice to transfer them to other alts. :confused:

I'm surprised that you don't see the correlation.

Mining claims encourage you to open boxes on multiple characters. Lobi being character bound ensures that the characters will have 'leftover' lobi on them.

Unspent lobi = additional cash for Cryptic.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Account wide Lobi has been asked for since it was introduced and has been getting the Crickets response nearly every time it has been suggested from the Devs.

Character Locked Lobi is just a greedy Nickel and Dime move by Cryptic IMO.

I've got a nice amount of Lobi on my KDF Main that could more than help my 9 other Alts gear up with nice Lobi store items but Cryptic would rather see me have to buy more keys to open more Lockboxes on each of my Characters in hopes of getting has much cash out of me as possible.

Generally I try to avoid Lobi store items like the plague unless they can be bought via the Exchange.

I understand that Cryptic needs to make money; however, the route that they take to that end with STO just rubs me the wrong way.

One would think that having players that enjoy your product enough to create new Characters and rerun already repetitive Content over and over again would be reason enough for Cryptic to see account bound Lobi has the least that they could do for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiralbladeadmiralblade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yea, pretty much when it comes to money driven things like PWE, if you want something from them, you have to appeal to their greed by showing them how they can make more money by doing what you want them to do. If this is not something that can be done, then your idea generaly gets ignored.
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that response because it was so illogical it fails to stick in my memory.

i agree with your solution ..at best its like what 15 lobi's in total ? thats a damn joke

and if i was the conspirator man i would say they put that lobi i purpose so they will have an excuse not to make it account bound of fear of exploits .

your solution is what i thought of as well , drop the 15 lobi stuff out , its not enough for anything worth while anyway an thus THERE SHALL BE NO EXPLOITS
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It would nice if they just did away with lobi, and instead offer small sums of zen from lockboxes. This way all the lobi store items can be sold in the C-store for unreasonable prices, but than people would say what is the point in buying keys if I can get the goods from the C-store? Well first off the goods that can only be purchased by lobi will be the only items offered in the C-store, so items only obtainable by boxes still require boxes to be opened. Also the cost of those old lobi items will be offered at a high zen price to more match the lobi profit difference and the fact that boxes and the dilithium market is a viable way to get zen in the first place. This in a sense would stimulate the market for zen more by people paying more for zen to get the goods from the store, also spur purchases of keys for boxes to be opened because now you get zen which is account bound, and aids the dilithium market for those willing to sell zen (dilithium sellers might find it not to their liking, but all depends on market prices as always). The only possible drawback would be if they made items purchased from the C-store that were originally goods from the lobi store account or character bound which is what they might or might not do. If they still allow for ships to be sold on the exchange after buying them from the C-store than it could have a huge impact on the EC market, but only if they allowed such a thing to happen. Otherwise if they are a bound item than it's not a terrible thing as it still encourages people to go for the big ticket ship by lockbox only, all the while giving you some zen and other goodies to use for the C-store even if you don't land a jackpot prize ship. Again this is only an idea and would still need some kink worked on before approval!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Works for me. Dump the free Lobi we so can get it account bound.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Character Locked Lobi is just a greedy Nickel and Dime move by Cryptic IMO.

Agreed. My fleet, and probably every fleet out there, came up with a variety of solutions to counter concerns about exploits i.e. reasonable and honest problems. Account lobi is completely doable. Cryptic just doesn't want to. And the reason they don't want to is because having an insufficient amount of lobi spread uselessly across all your characters forces you to get even MORE lobi any time you want to actually buy something with it. The fact that half the stuff in the lobi store is per-character non tradable gear ties into this as well. It's a means of making everything in the lobi store cost more. And since lobi is inextricably bound to real money... it's a cash sink. A halfway subtle one, but still a nasty bit of profiteering.

The real solution, as with almost everything in grind-heavy MMOGs, is to not want things. If you have lobi to buy something, great. If you don't, then forget it exists.
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As everyone I would also like this but 2 reasons will keep it from ever happening. Might just be opinion but possible exploits really have no influence on this matter if you ask me :P

1) everyone wants it and we all know what cryptic does with things the community wants.

2) it might cost them a few pennies, people might spend more to get the movies on the different toons when their is no other way. That being said their are a lot of people with a few lobis taking up inventory space that will never be used. In that respect might also cost a few pennies but hey it's their game so whatever
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They won't do it.

It's better business to make you open boxes on multiple toons.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's some pretty repressive game play. It is like this with Lobi as well as the reputation system, mark selection, dillithium in everything, etc.

Look, if there is something that Cryptic could do to make your game play better and it makes sense, then you can bet that Cryptic is going to prohibit it and exploit you to make a dime.

This was the exact same reason that they pulled all the different currencies out of the game to simplify everything, so they could back two years later and add more than they have ever had in the past. Poor management and lack of vision.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    They won't do it.

It's better business to make you open boxes on multiple toons.

this^^^^ as long as ppl open them on multiple toons they will never change it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    This idea has been brought up about a gazillion times, with afaik no response from the devs sadly.

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea, but it doesnt seem to be gaining any traction with Cryptic whatsoever.

They never directly commented on it by my knowledge but there were some interviews in which some Cryptic employees (think one of em was Stahl in a Podcast interview) mentioned that it'd be bad business for Cryptic. It does make sense if you think about it, only way to get lobi is to open up boxes. Most people will fork over for some ZEN to buy keys, thus it's good business.

Obviously for us a bit more careful in expenses it's a pain in the rear admiral...
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From Bran on Twitter:

"not in the cards, me thinks. But we try to make most items in the Lobi Store tradable."
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah they really need to reconsider this. making the lobis account bound + make the ships you get (or not) available in the whole account instead of per character. Those ships are so difficult to get anyways its not like they are losing on it. Quite the opposite .. I see more people getting those keys and opening more boxes. The chance to get the ships are anyways so low probability - it would feel more worth it in the end. Cus if you get a ship you at least can use it on all your characters.

But I would ask to increase the chance to get a ship as well.. maybe 5-10% chance? 1% feels such a low percentage.