test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dance Fan is near impossible to obtain

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
I have been trying to obtain the Dance Fan emote on Nimbus III for three days now, and despite my best efforts, it is nearly impossible to complete.

The Coordinator sends its request so fast, that it barely gives one a chance to complete the routines.

It is far faster than the Risian Dance event.

Is this small emote quest bugged? It needs some adjustment so that players can complete it.

What say you all?
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by stark2k on

Comments

• Options
    danster411danster411 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What you need to do.....

You can make the 'EMOTES' a seperate window and just click on whatever dance the instructor says.

Go to where you want to do an emote, and click the little 'thumb tack' next to it. This will create the separate window and you can scroll down and just click whatever emote you need. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    danster411 wrote: »
    What you need to do.....

You can make the 'EMOTES' a seperate window and just click on whatever dance the instructor says.

Go to where you want to do an emote, and click the little 'thumb tack' next to it. This will create the separate window and you can scroll down and just click whatever emote you need. Hope this helps.

Yup, exactly what I do, however; I think its bugged.

I did it again on another toon, in correct sequence using the thumb tack method, and all I get is experience but no emote reward.

Is it a limited time offer or something?

are there additional steps?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    You have to do it several times, i think 4.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    danster411danster411 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Correct. 4 days it takes.
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As previous poster said....

...but if you still have problems, chaeck out what zone you are in.
    Afaik, the dance-thing is not bugged, per se. -But there are other missions that are severely bugged. -That creatures of the desert, and Orion contraband. Avoid zone #1 (and a couple of others. -If in doubt, choose the zone with most people... ...They are there for a reason ;)
    /Floozy
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the tips
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have to do the dance competition 4 times per char to unlock the fan dance.

I never had issues with the speed of the instructions, because they are in a way different than the ones on Risa. When you make the required dance emote, it almost instantly gives you the next one, but there's no timer on it as far as I know. It will wait for you to do the following move, unless you leave or mistake the emote - and even then you can re-run the competition again without cooldowns.
    At least from my experience. The first char. I did this with, I was also under the impression that I must be really fast to complete it. After a while I started prolonguing the dance sequences with my chars. just for fun, without any consequences.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    I have been trying to obtain the Dance Fan emote on Nimbus III for three days now, and despite my best efforts, it is nearly impossible to complete.

The Coordinator sends its request so fast, that it barely gives one a chance to complete the routines.

It is far faster than the Risian Dance event.

Is this small emote quest bugged? It needs some adjustment so that players can complete it.

What say you all?

The coordinator's request isn't fast, it changes as soon as you complete the dance move.

Go to the chat bar, click on the bottom right, go to emotes and have the emote list shown, then click on the pin button at the top right. Expand the window a bit to show all the dance moves and its easy to click. You'll be done in less than 20 seconds.

BTW, when he asks for "just dance" click on Mix, not Basic.

As previous poster said....

...but if you still have problems, chaeck out what zone you are in.
    Afaik, the dance-thing is not bugged, per se. -But there are other missions that are severely bugged. -That creatures of the desert, and Orion contraband. Avoid zone #1 (and a couple of others. -If in doubt, choose the zone with most people... ...They are there for a reason ;)

Yes, those two are bugged and I personally sent in bug reports since LoR Beta, and they still yet to fix it. (Of course Cryptic still yet to fix certain Starbase missions from Season 6 and 7).

Orion Contraband, has that one pile that's bugged.

Creatures of the Desert is bugged, where if there are two or more people doing it at the same time, you cannot reach 40+. So you got to wait til there is nobody is at the pylon.

(Personally, a few times I told people about this bug and I basically got told to F Off. Even when it was to help them get more Dilithium. :mad:)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I tried this event and as the OP mentioned the dance step order come way to fast by the time i even click it i usually fail it cause theres already a new order for a new step.

I think it needs to be slowed down some

also id like to see a new dance event on risa just for casual fun risa seems so....pathetic now
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Regarding "Creatures of the Desert", I was waiting politely for a guy to complete it, as to not mess up his Dilithium reward. It turned out he had some kind of endless spawn bug of course. He had at least 150 creatures there before I gave up. Fun times...

As for the dancing, it's a nice way to test your daily reflexes, when on Nimbus... :-)

---
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Never thought I would see a post saying it's near impossible to attain when the instructor tells you what emote to hit..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got the dance by clicking the little button and scrolling through the little list manually with no problem.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Creatures of the Desert is bugged, where if there are two or more people doing it at the same time, you cannot reach 40+. So you got to wait til there is nobody is at the pylon.

(Personally, a few times I told people about this bug and I basically got told to F Off. Even when it was to help them get more Dilithium. :mad:)

This isn't the bug that I think of with Creatures. The thing that I think of is when it just stops spawning anything at random points, but usually around 25 or 26 killed, regardless of the time left on the clock. Sometimes this happens in the middle of a wave, when up to 4 that are currently out just disappear.

That and the Orion Contraband bugged stash point that you mentioned earlier are just real letdowns for otherwise fun little missions that give some variety to daily dilithium gathering when they come up.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    anodynes wrote: »
    This isn't the bug that I think of with Creatures. The thing that I think of is when it just stops spawning anything at random points, but usually around 25 or 26 killed, regardless of the time left on the clock. Sometimes this happens in the middle of a wave, when up to 4 that are currently out just disappear.

This is exactly the bug I mentioned. It's stopping because someone else is doing it on another pylon and it messes things up.

Next time this happens, look to see if someone else is doing it. If nobody is there at the other three pylons, then it's definitely a different bug.
    anodynes wrote: »
    That and the Orion Contraband bugged stash point that you mentioned earlier are just real letdowns for otherwise fun little missions that give some variety to daily dilithium gathering when they come up.

Indeed, it's annoying when Cryptic doesn't test these mission or listen to Tester Feedback when it's on Tribble. I know for a fact the Contraband bug was reported several times.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is a bit harsh to have to wait for 20 hours after an auto-fail on "Orion Contraband". :P

---