test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sold something to NPC..

sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Quick Question.

I accidently sold my adapted engines to the npc when I was hastily emptying my inv. It won't let me buy it back. It's not in the list. I haven't logged out.

This is supposed to happen...??
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
Post edited by sitheach on

Comments

• Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did you change the map? Doing this will also clear your buy back list.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    packer3434 wrote: »
    Did you change the map? Doing this will also clear your buy back list.

No. Am in Drozana Station. Have a Sshot showing the yellow text and the buy back menu and the time stamps.. am still logged in.

I just looked over it again I see that many of the first items to be sold aren't available to buy back either.... :(:(:(

It appears there's a limit?

*edit* yeah so I bought all the slots open for inv and have been filling it up farming. I didn't realize there's a limit on how many items it keeps track of before you can't get back at them. I'd guess it's around 40.
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    Yeah it limits how much you can buy back.

I have a trick on selling stuff and that is put every stacked item at the top of the inventory except 1. Put all the items you do not want to sell at the bottom. The 1 stacked item you place between the junk and what you want to keep. This way when you sell you can rapidy clear everything you want to sell and when it comes up with the amount to sell from that last stack you know to sell that and nothing else. Mixing stacks and single items makes it harder to catch when to stop.

Doing that has saved me many times.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, sorry to hear about that, OP. I always leave a not very valuable item as a buffer between my garbage to sell and my good stuff.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yeah.. I never knew. Bought the last 2 inventory unlocks this week.

lesson learned..
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't understand why Cryptic does not put in the ability to flag inventory unsellable. It's been asked for before but I guess it doesn't affect the bottom line so we'll never see it.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry to hear about that, OP. I always leave a not very valuable item as a buffer between my garbage to sell and my good stuff.

Especially like, a stack of small hypos or auxiliary batteries. Something with multiples that you'll have to click elsewhere to get past.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just look at what I'm selling before I sell it. Sure it takes me an eternity of 15-20 seconds longer to sell my junk than you warp speed clicking masters, but I don't sell good stuff by mistake. ;)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, sometimes you can easily get caught into the selling spree when selling items in NPCS. The worst is when you accidentally click on the junk item to sell / discard and it switches out with your good items that you have equipped on you or your ship. My guess is this is what happened to the OP's Engines.

Such a thing makes me wish there was some kind of locking system that prevents you from automatically switching items directly from the inventory by double clicking. Or the discard option not appearing on your paper doll items.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    I have a trick on selling stuff and that is put every stacked item at the top of the inventory except 1. Put all the items you do not want to sell at the bottom.
    I do a similar, but opposite thing: Stuff I want to keep at the top, vendortrash below, because when you acquire additional vendortrash, it tends to naturally pile itself at the bottom. Additionally, it simplifies access to stuff you actually want to use, since you do not need to scroll to the bottom to access it on opening your inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Annoying as it is to rearrange the inventory every other mission, it avoids selling anything of worth. I always put things to keep at the bottom and the vendor trash will fill from the top, always take your time ( no one wants to re-buy rep gear all over again ).
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Annoying as it is to rearrange the inventory every other mission, it avoids selling anything of worth. I always put things to keep at the bottom and the vendor trash will fill from the top, always take your time ( no one wants to re-buy rep gear all over again ).

I do this as well. And after selling an Aegis engine for 1200ec.... :mad: I now arrange all the items I want to sell before opening the Exchange. I am NOT going to do that again!!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Funny, ain' it?! For an item that's supposedly bound, seems you can sell the Adapted MACO engine just fine. Way to go, Cryptic!

On that note, I'm as good as 100% sure you'll never see it back. :( Best just grind for it again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Funny, ain' it?! For an item that's supposedly bound, seems you can sell the Adapted MACO engine just fine. Way to go, Cryptic!

On that note, I'm as good as 100% sure you'll never see it back. :( Best just grind for it again.

You can vendor bound items, y'know.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    You can vendor bound items, y'know.

Yeah, I suppose you can. Dangerous business, though, when you can vendor off an Adapted MACO engine, and not buy it back.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yeah, I suppose you can. Dangerous business, though, when you can vendor off an Adapted MACO engine, and not buy it back.

back with the old omega system you could end up with so many omega honor guard or maco sets if extra engines, shields and such , you had nothing else to do with them other than vendor them off.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited September 2013
    icsairguns wrote: »
    back with the old omega system you could end up with so many omega honor guard or maco sets if extra engines, shields and such , you had nothing else to do with them other than vendor them off.

True that. :) And I recently even vendored off several old MACO Mk XI sets myself. Yes, it hurt, LOL; but, realistically, I knew I was never going to use them any more, ever. Did the same with a bunch of old blue Mk XII Neutroniums: paid quite a bit for them, back in the day; but at the end of the day all they do is suck up valuable inventory space.

I would be rather upset, though, if I accidentally trashed an Adapted Mk XII MACO engine: that's 34k Dilithium down the drain, right there; plus 1,000 Omega Marks. Problem is, that not everything is always retrievable (even when you know for certain it should be; like you didn't leave the system). Lost 40 Lobi one day that way. Ack!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    I do a similar, but opposite thing: Stuff I want to keep at the top, vendortrash below, because when you acquire additional vendortrash, it tends to naturally pile itself at the bottom. Additionally, it simplifies access to stuff you actually want to use, since you do not need to scroll to the bottom to access it on opening your inventory.

Yeah i can see the scrolling down to be annoying when you are a gold member but us free players don't have that many slots. But if you dont put a stack buffer between the good stuff and the junk puting everything ontop gets the same effect.

A good buffer stack if you dont get any stacks from drops is the frequency remodulators from the replicator, they cost nothing to make.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek: