test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Connecting to the Account Server" Timeout/ "Unable to Authenticate" (Resolved!)

Comments

• v12qboronyv12qborony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is this still an issue for everyone else too. It hasnt been resolved yet right.

edit Oh right I am 4 hours ahead.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Unable to authenticate:"

Comcast here, not Verizon
  • thoth36thoth36 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm in Europe, same problem here
  • madraquemadraque Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    am having the same problem, got time out in character switch, then unable to authenticate when I try logging back
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2013
    v12qborony wrote: »
    Is this still an issue for everyone else too. It hasnt been resolved yet right.

right...

If your currently IN-GAME your not affected unless you change character or log out.. .everyone logging in now are affected....
  • skilrathiskilrathi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sigh...just when I get time to roll all my guys thru Hearts and Minds....

OOOO...First....post :)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Add one more to the list. Happens to me on all 3 Cryptic games (so I assume it's a major account server issue.) - "Unable to authenticate message"

Able to authenticate on these forums to post though, so I assume the Forums authenticate via a different login server setup.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just tried to log in for the first time in a week,, the launcher patched,, then froze. I restarted it, and it says " unable to authenticate" I went to the website, logged into my account, clicked on ACCOUNT STATUS and it said" INACTIVE"

Im a lifetime subscriber, been playing since day 1. I took a break because I was bored with the game, and tired of the bugs.... and this is what i get when i return? The worst part about it is i bought 2000 zen just two days ago....

Im going to cross my fingers and hope its an account server issue,, because if my account has up and dissappeared,, the bright light you see in the sky is going to me going nuclear... :mad:

Hoping this will be fixxed by sunday,, my only day off,, and the ONE day a planned on playing STO.....
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • admiralah1admiralah1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can confirm that if you stay logged in your fine, if you try to change a character or log out, it won't let you. If you exit the client, you will not be able to log back in.
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Good place for seeing what's what.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • gchiodaygchioday Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Iz the Hamster finally kicked the bucket. "Unable to Authenticate"

Code Blue..code Red !

Hamster Down..Medic !!!!!
  • danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    According to LordGar over at the CO forums (since it seems ALL of Cryptic's games are affected), it is an authentication server issue.

-END OF LINE
  • judus101judus101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I too am unable to log on to game. I get the message:

"unable to authenticate:"

Nothing more. I was on about 2 hours ago and no problems.

Please look into this.:mad:
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Makes sense that it would affect all PWE games ... They all use the same account server.

Account server offline (for 15 min)
  • avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just listened to an interview the other day with Branflakes....
    someone asked about server stability....
    Bran said we haven't had an outage in 2 months......

for the love of Shatner
    BRAN NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!! PWEEEEEZZZZZ ;)
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Need more than one hamster on duty...

So, not that the reward is overly stellar for the mission, but it's still fun - if this goes on, are you folks going to extend "Hearts and Minds" for the length of the down time?
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • iknowshaun4iknowshaun4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm on Cox Communications here, and getting Unable to Authenticate as well. :(
  • firefox1afirefox1a Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Good place for seeing what's what.

thanks for the link, I didn't know about this site.
  • uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay so apparently the moderators and Admins are pissed that I went to the Better Business Bureau to complain about certain things about STO. and their revenge is to Ohh I don't know, Block my account because i went to the BBB. Trust me I will let them know about this. as it just happened all of a sudden? Oh no...
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Someone tripped over the power cord for the login server all....if in game...stay on the toon..or be booted and cant relog.....hope this gets fixed fast...oh welll...Stargate Atlantis season 1 now playing lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • admiralah1admiralah1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was able to log in again. You should try as well.
  • reinawattreinawatt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also having issues logging in, first it was the site and now it's the game. Was hoping to attend another Memorial STF event as well as playing Hearts And Minds with three more characters until it's no longer around tomorrow.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tried to switch characters, was logged out and stuck there. I'm not on a major ISP, but a regional one in West-Central Illinois (CassComm)
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just tried to log in for the first time in a week,, the launcher patched,, then froze. I restarted it, and it says " unable to authenticate" I went to the website, logged into my account, clicked on ACCOUNT STATUS and it said" INACTIVE"

Im a lifetime subscriber, been playing since day 1. I took a break because I was bored with the game, and tired of the bugs.... and this is what i get when i return? The worst part about it is i bought 2000 zen just two days ago....

Im going to cross my fingers and hope its an account server issue,, because if my account has up and dissappeared,, the bright light you see in the sky is going to me going nuclear... :mad:

Hoping this will be fixxed by sunday,, my only day off,, and the ONE day a planned on playing STO.....

Chaos:

The issue is that the Cryptic account server is down. This rarely occurs and (based only on my empirical observations - so I could be wrong) seems linked to unexpected spikes in demand for login authentication.

I'm pretty sure that not only will the servers be up by Sunday, they'll probably be up in a few minutes. Outages on the Cryptic account server shut down not just STO but also Champs and NW, so its a pretty high priority for them to fix.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    We're still working to resolve the account server issue. Note: If you're in-game now but happen to be reading this, as long as you don't switch characters, you should be able to continue playing as the game server is up.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • terminationshockterminationshock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Uverse here...same as everyone else.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Someone shot the Server Hamster with their finger
    GwaoHAD.png
  • nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great now i can't get hearts and minds this is really dumb why is server can't just stay up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2013
    SERVER IS BACK UP ONLINE!!!!! Thanks guys!!! Let's go honor H2orat in Bajor!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.