test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Filling in the gaps of weapontypes.

nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
A suggestion for new type of weapons. Can be seen as a choice of aesthetics too.

Beam banks with 45 arc with as much power as heavy cannons, or an average between regular dual cannons and heavy cannons.
Beam turrets with 360 arc. Same damage as regular cannon turrets.
And the final one would be as single cannons, with 180 arc. Same damage.

Not sure, but it may cause some trouble with certain skills, like the cannons scatter volley.
Hmm but why should it? Its almost like a fire at will for cannons, but focusing on wider forward arc instead of random directions like fire at will. Not sure how wide arc volley uses now though.

You could also do this the other way around, adding the things cannons lack what beams already have.

Should give us a wider choice of things to use. I'd love to have a beamboat with more options available.

On the other hand, would this go against any lore/tech in the history of star trek that it would not be possible to have a beam bank as powerful as dual heavy cannons?
Post edited by nejdine on

Comments

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    would love for the time for hits to be 4 seconds on all of the beams so they proc just as often as the cannons and turrets.

I would suggest they shorten them to 4 second bursts.

I also would love some new phasers like Nadeon phasers or Nanite phasers.

We also asked for them to change the beam weapons so that certain skills would affect certain weapons proc % chance.

Flow Cap

Phaser Tetryon Polaron Nanite Elachi

Part Gen

Plasma Antiproton

etc etc you can see where I'm going with this considering cruisers and science ships are pretty much fixed into using nothing but beams most of the time.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nejdine wrote: »
    A suggestion for new type of weapons. Can be seen as a choice of aesthetics too.

Beam banks with 45 arc with as much power as heavy cannons, or an average between regular dual cannons and heavy cannons.
    Beam turrets with 360 arc. Same damage as regular cannon turrets.
    And the final one would be as single cannons, with 180 arc. Same damage.

Not sure, but it may cause some trouble with certain skills, like the cannons scatter volley.
    Hmm but why should it? Its almost like a fire at will for cannons, but focusing on wider forward arc instead of random directions like fire at will. Not sure how wide arc volley uses now though.

You could also do this the other way around, adding the things cannons lack what beams already have.

Should give us a wider choice of things to use. I'd love to have a beamboat with more options available.

On the other hand, would this go against any lore/tech in the history of star trek that it would not be possible to have a beam bank as powerful as dual heavy cannons?

So basically lets go and make dual cannons and turrets useless in most cases...
  • Options
    crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    So basically lets go and make dual cannons and turrets useless in most cases...

Came here to say this.

The first half of the OP (Beams = Cannons/Turrets) is totally unbalancing.

The second part (newer types of beams) is either unbalancing or already here.

The last part (Skills affecting Proc %) seems to be the only one that might be useable.
    But it would almost certainly lead to abuse, so again unbalancing.

Overall: NO
    Proudly F2P
  • Options
    nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If i put it like this then. Cannons and beams for all types

45 Dual weapon
    45 Dual heavy weapon
    90 Bank
    180 Single weapon
    250 Array
    360 Turret

Same stats and everything that goes with it, just different visuals. Dots or lines. Whichever you find the most appealing. :)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nejdine wrote: »
    If i put it like this then. Cannons and beams for all types

45 Dual weapon
    45 Dual heavy weapon
    90 Bank
    180 Single weapon
    250 Array
    360 Turret

Same stats and everything that goes with it, just different visuals. Dots or lines. Whichever you find the most appealing. :)

That would probably take to much effort and would really still make things pointless if they all had the same strength to be honest...and would make the BO more powerful which they're trying to get away from a bit.