test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why did the dilithium exchange/master key price go bonkers?

Comments

• bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited September 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I just checked the exchange, master keys are selling at 2M ec a pop now. When I looked at the dilithium exchange, it's up to 127 dilithium per zen to purchase. I know we have the JHAS promo going on, but things had pretty much stabilized from that. So any ideas why the exchanges suddenly went wacko?

It was the nerfing of the tour that caused the blip but you see it isn't going away. ;)
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It was the nerfing of the tour that caused the blip but you see it isn't going away. ;)

Nope, reducing the money supply makes prices go down, not up.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited September 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Nope, reducing the money supply makes prices go down, not up.

except .... in the subject of this thread, clearly prices have risen :eek:.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    except .... in the subject of this thread, clearly prices have risen :eek:.

Correlation is not causation.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited September 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Correlation is not causation.

Wait and see, time will ultimately tell whom is correct. :)
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    More EC is being created now than even pre tour nerf. Prices will continue to rise even if they do dip a bit after the sale ends.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So i decided to check and see if i wanted to sell my stash of dil ive got saved and make some zen.

However to my shock the prices are way to high to even consider

130 dil per zen? a little much dont you think?

well im trying to figure out why such a high price anyone got an idea on whats going on?:confused:
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Last hours of the Lobi discount so people are buying keys and the Romulan DOFF pack, the exchange reflects from it.

That makes alot of sense i was wondering what was going on past few days its just steadily went up and tonight finally cresting over 130.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    130 is a lot? I remember when it was about twice that last year.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LOL, it's been like this for a while. There was a time where it was more than twice than what it is now. :P
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, it used to be extremely high, right after S6 when the conversion from CP to zen happened. Then the price quickly fell a lot, and then over time fell more slowly until it hit the 110 range we're normally at now.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Last hours of the Lobi discount so people are buying keys and the Romulan DOFF pack, the exchange reflects from it.

This and partly I imagine because of the release of the new Romulan ship tomorrow as well.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    New Romulan Ship, Dil to Zen for Romulan Duty Officer Packs (Bug Ship Chance), Lobi Sale... all current promotions going on right now.

So there is a demand for Zen, hence the higher value...

Although as others have mentioned there was a time when Dil to Zen was much much higher... mainly because there was limited things to do with Dilithium... now everything costs dilithium, and lets not forget about the bottomless pit that is the Fleet Base (and gear).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    130 is a lot? I remember when it was about twice that last year.
    THIS

/10char
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You young'uns ain't seen high zen prices yet! *waves walking stick*

*coughcough*

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I remember when we didn't even have dilithium. And we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow to and from school with no shoes. :P

Seriously, it was 300+ when the dilithium exchange was first launched, because those of us who had been subscribed previously had already been given a bunch of dilithium, so the demand was low. Compared to that, 130 is pretty nice. Besides, just wait a week or so and see if it goes back down. Your dilithium stash will grow even more by then. ;)
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if the Gods decided to put any more grinding which requires dilithium then you will see it going down :D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainwexlercaptainwexler Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So i decided to check and see if i wanted to sell my stash of dil ive got saved and make some zen.

However to my shock the prices are way to high to even consider

well im trying to figure out why such a high price anyone got an idea on whats going on?:confused:

Lockbox keys got up to 2mill each as well. I'm amazed people are actually buying them still. Since the bugships reapearence, anything vaguely connected wih the c store has skyrocketed in price.
  • dontbefooleddontbefooled Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guess you weren't around about a year ago when dil prices were nearly 400-1. :eek:
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Theres a dili exploit.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will also offer if you want to see a cryptic game with crazy internal 'cash' market prices, go look at the AD crystal prices for things over in neverwinter, STO is absurdly sane, even right now, in comparison, fear for the day the DIL market looks like that
  • nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Many ancient Roman prophecies spoke of this. The Elders must be alerted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainwexlercaptainwexler Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Theres a dili exploit.

Quick! Run before the cryptic secrete police notice and make you tell them what it is! They havn't figured out how youtube works yet, so they have no other way of knowing!
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Compared to the 390:1 the exchange was at right before we got the fleet starbases, this is very mild.
  • deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I remember back before they changed the Ker'rat mission to a daily, (you could run it over and over with no cool down) the price was in the 400:1 range. That was insane
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Since I have been playing I have seen it as High at 390 and Low at 80.:)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013

Could be worse. I remember when it used to roam 211.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I haven't used the exchange since last october, but it was about 145 dill=1 zen. So this is actallly a little low based on my experience.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Prices will be dropping soon now that the lobi event is over.
    edited September 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    More EC is being created now than even pre tour nerf. Prices will continue to rise even if they do dip a bit after the sale ends.

dil over 130 EC, keys over 2 million, more grinding, less RP. Anyone else not having fun with this supposedly 'F2P' game?:mad: