test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Fleet Leader Security Question

colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello, I was looking at the new dev blog concerning changes to leader security and wanted to know something. Here is a for-instance:

One fleet leader wants to demote a second leader because that leader's account was compromised.

If the first leader has more than one character set as leader, does this count as two votes to demote the other? Or is the voting system strictly account-based?

I wanted to know for the security of my fleet.
Post edited by colson15 on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From what I understand about the Fleet Leader system. A Fleet Leader can set another Fleet Leader to be Demoted from its rank. After some time passes, then that Fleet Leader drops in rank. Another Fleet Leader can save the Demoted Fleet Leader so that they retain their old rank. All the details are here.
  • admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Derp... Okay Colson I might have skipped a line... while reading that... <.< well thanks for the reply Starkaos
  • colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay I think I understand it a bit better... it would seem having more than one character as leader, in reality, is more secure for a fleet, as it takes much time for a leader to be demoted. Thanks.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not entirely sure about how it works with alts. Is every alt of an account demoted at the same time in case of compromised accounts or can a player with a compromised account save his alt from demotion?