test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Praetorian Guard

bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Captain's Table (RP)
Jolan'tru Romulans!

The Romulan Praetorian Guard (RPG), otherwise known as the Tal Prai'ex, is a relatively new fleet for STO that launched with the Legacy of Romulus expansion. Most of us played STO when it first hit open beta and we still thought Romulans would be a playable faction at launch (as the STO site had the Romulan Star Empire symbol under its factions page at that time, together with the Klingon and Federation symbols). We also have a sizable number players completely new to STO, which is a good sign. What binds us together is that we all love the Romulans from the TV shows.

Due to many members going AWOL, we are now actively recruiting Science, Engineering, and some Tactical players.

As the name implies, the fleet is an organization within the Romulan Military (specifically the Romulan Star Navy) with obvious similarities to the old Roman Praetorian guard created by Augustus. Learning the truth about the destruction of Romulus and the new allegiance of the Tal Shiar, the Praetorian Guard has decided to form an alliance of convenience with the Romulan Republic.

Who this guild is for:

- Players who love the Romulan Star Empire and the Romulans from the shows. Ruthless, cunning and with a massive superiority complex, yet with a moral compass and a strong sense of duty, pride and honor. The interesting villains that we have come to love basically. Most of the officers of the Praetorian Guard don't share the love D'Tan has for democracy and unification with the Vulcans, and if they have the chance they will simply restore the former Romulan Star Empire. With them in positions of power, naturally.

- Players who feel an alliance with the Federation and doing pacifistic missions for them simply doesn't fit the Romulans. The Romulans have allied with the Klingons before, either with the entire empire (TOS era military alliance) or with a specific house (House of Duras, TNG era) so it makes (more) sense for us to seek an alliance with one of the Klingon houses if not the Klingon government itself.

- Mature, friendly people making a new start as Romulans and looking for a family guild with a social focus. The aim of the guild is to simply have fun together while immersing ourselves with our Romulan characters through RP events, exploring the PvE content, building a starbase together, and doing various other activities like PvP or simply questing.

- All play styles are welcome! Are you a working adult without the time to put 10 hours a day in a game? No problem. Do you have more time to play? Great! Obviously our recruitment focus is on players who intend to RP their Romulan characters, however we also have a place for those that do not RP their characters but simply want the ambiance of a Romulan themed fleet, as long as the following conditions are met:

Enforced Restrictions:

- Romulan and Reman captains only.

- Romulan/Reman ships only. (Klingon ship designs that are used by the Romulans like the D7 are naturally allowed, as are the Tal Shiar lockbox ships or any other future Romulan ships designed by Cryptic)

- Romulan/Reman suitable name. (We are not overly strict with this, as how does one define a Romulan or Reman name, but if your character is named EmperorShiiinzon you best move on.)

- In the future there will also be a recommended ship and uniform coloring, (darker than the traditional colours used by the RSE) which is voluntarily.
R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    You can find our website at romulus.shivtr.com
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Our new website is http://talpraiex.enjin.com/
    R E M A I N

• Options
    tequilapastatequilapasta Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I put on my robe and wizard hat.

But seriously, I'm not a romulan and I don't watch star trek. Romulans are the guys who wear top hats and leopardprint spanx, yeah?

Anyway, can I get an invite, thanks.
    TdfsKwJ.jpg
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now where was this fleet hiding during these past few months? D'Vox would absolutely love to meet these true Romulans and collaborate against the Federation.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Wow, didn't expect this much response, could I get both of your handles?

Peace and Long Life

-Interim Prefect tr'Rllailiiu
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited December 2013
    D'Vox@Commander_Moonshadow
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    D'Vox, it appears that the game says you are in another fleet, is this accurate?
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited December 2013
    bltrrn wrote: »
    D'Vox, it appears that the game says you are in another fleet, is this accurate?

Yes, but I can leave it. It's a Klingon RP guild for my Klingon. I put my Romulan there to help out with their fleet holdings.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Excellent!

Welcome to the Tal Prai'ex!
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Jolan'tru Romulans!

The Romulan Praetorian Guard (RPG), otherwise known as the Tal Prai'ex, is a relatively new fleet for STO that launched with the Legacy of Romulus expansion. Most of us played STO when it first hit open beta and we still thought Romulans would be a playable faction at launch (as the STO site had the Romulan Star Empire symbol under its factions page at that time, together with the Klingon and Federation symbols). We also have a sizable number players completely new to STO, which is a good sign. What binds us together is that we all love the Romulans from the TV shows.

Due to many members going AWOL, we are now actively recruiting Science, Engineering, and some Tactical players.

As the name implies, the fleet is an organization within the Romulan Military (specifically the Romulan Star Navy) with obvious similarities to the old Roman Praetorian guard created by Augustus. Learning the truth about the destruction of Romulus and the new allegiance of the Tal Shiar, the Praetorian Guard has decided to form an alliance of convenience with the Romulan Republic.

Who this guild is for:

- Players who love the Romulan Star Empire and the Romulans from the shows. Ruthless, cunning and with a massive superiority complex, yet with a moral compass and a strong sense of duty, pride and honor. The interesting villains that we have come to love basically. Most of the officers of the Praetorian Guard don't share the love D'Tan has for democracy and unification with the Vulcans, and if they have the chance they will simply restore the former Romulan Star Empire. With them in positions of power, naturally.

- Players who feel an alliance with the Federation and doing pacifistic missions for them simply doesn't fit the Romulans. The Romulans have allied with the Klingons before, either with the entire empire (TOS era military alliance) or with a specific house (House of Duras, TNG era) so it makes (more) sense for us to seek an alliance with one of the Klingon houses if not the Klingon government itself.

- Mature, friendly people making a new start as Romulans and looking for a family guild with a social focus. The aim of the guild is to simply have fun together while immersing ourselves with our Romulan characters through RP events, exploring the PvE content, building a starbase together, and doing various other activities like PvP or simply questing.

- All play styles are welcome! Are you a working adult without the time to put 10 hours a day in a game? No problem. Do you have more time to play? Great! Obviously our recruitment focus is on players who intend to RP their Romulan characters, however we also have a place for those that do not RP their characters but simply want the ambiance of a Romulan themed fleet, as long as the following conditions are met:

Enforced Restrictions:

- Romulan and Reman captains only.

- Romulan/Reman ships only. (Klingon ship designs that are used by the Romulans like the D7 are naturally allowed, as are the Tal Shiar lockbox ships or any other future Romulan ships designed by Cryptic)

- Romulan/Reman suitable name. (We are not overly strict with this, as how does one define a Romulan or Reman name, but if your character is named EmperorShiiinzon you best move on.)

- In the future there will also be a recommended ship and uniform coloring, (darker than the traditional colours used by the RSE) which is voluntarily.
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Jolan'tru Romulans!

R E M A I N

• Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Jolan tru, My name is Admiral R'Tath, I have created a legacy in the republic. I do not disagree with D'Tan's ideas, I would instead continue the once great Romulan Star Empire as one of peace and loyalty. I have released commander Charva as a sign of good will to the Tal Shiar, Mol'Rian remains my home and I disagree that the empire is broken. I wish to join the ranks of honorable Romulans once more and continue to fulfill Spock's legacy.
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I have a engineering career and I'm lvl 50 and a ally of the Federation. My ship is a Ha'pax advanced warbird and can handle itself in combat. I thought that I would be fighting for the empire and not creating the republic, not that I'm complaining. I'm fixing to leave my current fleet and joining another fleet. You guys sound pretty good, I'd like to join. My account name is lessley00, my player name is R'Tath.
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lessley00 wrote: »
    I have a engineering career and I'm lvl 50 and a ally of the Federation. My ship is a Ha'pax advanced warbird and can handle itself in combat. I thought that I would be fighting for the empire and not creating the republic, not that I'm complaining. I'm fixing to leave my current fleet and joining another fleet. You guys sound pretty good, I'd like to join. My account name is lessley00, my player name is R'Tath.

Thanks for the interest. The Romulan Praetorian Guard has come under Republic influence (by my hand). The rest of the active Guard has migrated to the Imperial Romulan Fleet. I'll message you in-game soon. In the mean time, please apply to the IRF, and tell them Symakhos sent you. ;)
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Reman kdf looking to join

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the interest. The Romulan Praetorian Guard has come under Republic influence (by my hand). The rest of the active Guard has migrated to the Imperial Romulan Fleet. I'll message you in-game soon. In the mean time, please apply to the IRF, and tell them Symakhos sent you. ;)

Heres my intrest, i will have two romulans ready to join sometime in the future, depending on your fleet level and starbase tier. Where exactly can I find you?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    Heres my intrest, i will have two romulans ready to join sometime in the future, depending on your fleet level and starbase tier. Where exactly can I find you?

The IRF has subsumed the RPG, with myself going into exile with the Tal'Diann. You may join either as you desire.
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited February 2015
    The IRF has subsumed the RPG, with myself going into exile with the Tal'Diann. You may join either as you desire.

Thats fine I went ahead and joined my kdf fleet KHG Klingon Honor Guard