What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #41

2»

Comments

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nierion wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like this. What if Fleet Leader went on vacation for a month? Would you count logging into the Gateway as actually logging in?

I think this needs to be increased at the very least. Have it at 90 days to make it fair and have Gateway count towards logging in (if it does already, awesome).

Or maybe include a option where you can just put your status as away in case you are on vacation to be exempt from the inactive status.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Leadership changing after a month of inactivity is nothing new to the game. It was like this since about season 6. (I think) This is just a tweaking of a mechanic that was already in place. If anything it is now harder to take over a fleet in this fashion.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok what if a leader leaves without saying they are leaving or when or if they are coming back AND there is no co-leader to take over in the event the leader does not return.

What happens to the fleet in the event something like that occured
    ( Actually i know a fleet that is starring down the barrel of that shotgun )
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My only concern is how the system handles alts, and fleet where leaders have alts also as leaders now have a situation where you just can't get rid of a leader because they can rescue themselves via their alts. There definitely needs to be a check for @handle and not by character.

I hope now that this is looked at they can get into doing something on fleet store permissions, and logs for donations/provisions.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera shares more details about the recent fleet leader security updates in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

This is just so confusing :confused:

According to Patch notes-Release Notes: August 15, 2013:
    Fleet Leader Adjustments
    ?If there is a Single Leader of a Fleet, and that Leader has not logged in for 180 days, that Leader is considered Inactive
    ?If a Single Leader is inactive, a new Leader is automatically promoted:
    ?The Member being promoted must be online to become new Leader#
    ?The new Leader gets a pop up telling them they just became the new Leader#
    ?The new Leader is not Provisional ? they are full Leaders with full Kick/Rescue privileges

Now according to Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #41 it says:

Ruleset 1 ? Inactive Leaders:
    Ruleset 1 is has always been in place and has not been modified. It is listed here for reference only.
    ?If any Fleet Leader has not logged in for 30 days, that Leader is considered ?Inactive.?
    ?If all Fleet Leaders are ?Inactive,? a new Fleet Leader is automatically chosen.

So what is it if there is only ONE leader and has to be kicked out 30 days or 180 days.....is it just me or this is soooooooo not cool with erroneous information.

PLEASE CLARIFY and reference to the patch notes of August 15 to rectify as needed.

THANKS

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    DUwNP.gif

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for your patience, Captains. I've checked in with the team and the Tribble and Holodeck patch notes that reference that Fleet Leaders become "inactive" at 180 days was incorrect and have been updated -- it is still is 30 days, and this section from the blog is correct:
    Ruleset 1 - Inactive Leader(s):
    Ruleset 1 is has always been in place and has not been modified. It is listed here for reference only.
    • If any Fleet Leader has not logged in for 30 days, that Leader is considered "Inactive."
    • If all Fleet Leaders are "Inactive," a new Fleet Leader is automatically chosen.
      • The next highest-rank player to log in is given an option to become the Fleet Leader.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for your patience, Captains. I've checked in with the team and the Tribble and Holodeck patch notes that reference that Fleet Leaders become "inactive" at 180 days was incorrect and have been updated -- it is still is 30 days, and this section from the blog is correct:
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks very much for the clarification :D:D:D
    DUwNP.gif

• snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thanks for the info. next time the person who handles writing the tribble and holodeck notes needs to check with the team on some things after this fluk on the patch notes