test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quantum Slipstream

the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Academy
I have reached level 50, but I can'y find the quantum slipstream drive skill.
Post edited by the7thof9 on

Comments

• corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if this could be the problem or not, but have you spent all your skill points? I know some things won't come available until all the skill points are spent.

Alternatively: if you're using a ship with the advanced quantum slipstream drive, it may be higher up on the power tray list.

Just popping possibilities on the top of my head, since I don't have the game available to me at the moment.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When in sector space, push the full impulse button on the top of your throttle. It'll trigger the slipstream drive and save you a space on your power tray.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Couple things could be happening:

1. You actually have 10 rows in your tray even though you can only see 3 at a time. Use the little up and down arrows on the left side of a row to flip through the additional rows. Slipstream may have gotten stuck up on row 4 or something.

2. If you can't find it or don't feel like looking, drag it from your powers list. Press the P key to bring up the list, find it, and drag it into your tray from there.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks! it was on the 4th row. I wonder why you cand display that row.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The extra bars can be used to set up an alternate layout that you can flip to easily, and they can be useful for parking boff powers so they don't get randomly sorted into open spots.

Anyway, you can display them. At least some of them: Press escape and go to Rearrange Hud, your current tray will have a New button to enable a second set of vertical bars. Just like your main bar, you can scale this one up to 3 bars. Still only gets you up to 6 bars total, but unless you have half your inventory taken up by non combat pets I think it's enough even for a universal console heavy science carrier to have everything on there.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Shift+R shortcut will also activate your Slipstream drive.

-K
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    the7thof9 wrote: »
    Thanks! it was on the 4th row. I wonder why you cand display that row.

You could just bring up your 'Powers' menu in space, (default is 'P') and simply drag the slipstream icon to where you want it in your power tray...