test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wth Pwe?

darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I had already bought the Bortasqu uniform for a butt load of fleet credit and dilithium and now today I CAN NOT USE any of it until I BUY IT AGAIN?

Why should I have to pay 3 TIMES what everyone else pays to only be able to use it on bridge officers?

Why didn't you just change the one I had already bought to the bridge officer one? or give some sort of token to those who already owned it before this patch so they can get the officer outfit for free.

You need to get a refund system put into this game so you can stop using the excuse that you can't refund items when people complain over stuff like this!
Post edited by darkphoxy on

Comments

• Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From today's notes:
    Romulan captains who have already purchased the uniform will continue to be able to use the respective uniform on respective ally bridge officers.
  • Options
    darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From today's notes:

Ah, see, that's the thing though. You can't use it at all. If I decide to change like my Klingon Bridge officers uniform it acts like I never bought it at all. Doesn't show up anywhere.

Then you get told that you have to buy it again but now its only half price... so technically since its half price now if I do that I paid 3 times as much to use the same uniform on my Boffs'

I believe this isn't fair and I learned something new from my lawyer.

Sine the ruling on Bitcoin caused the United states to see DIGITAL CURRENCY as legal tender they have now just broken the law! So they will be getting a letter from my lawyer in a week or so for selling me a product that they just up and revoked without any form of re-compensation.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    darkphoxy wrote: »
    Ah, see, that's the thing though. You can't use it at all. If I decide to change like my Klingon Bridge officers uniform it acts like I never bought it at all. Doesn't show up anywhere.

Then you get told that you have to buy it again but now its only half price... so technically since its half price now if I do that I paid 3 times as much to use the same uniform on my Boffs'

Sine the ruling on Bitcoin caused the United states to see DIGITAL CURRENCY as legal tender they have now just broken the law! So they will be getting a letter from my lawyer in a week or so for selling me a product that they just up and revoked without any form of re-compensation.

lol in the tos it says they can take away anything they want.. it even says they can close your account at any time for no reason..

your lawyer wont be sending any letters..

i actually dont think they intended the current uniform to stop working.. so its probably a bug.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Fleet Uniforms were probably never meant to be available for Romulans. Eventually, they will design appropriate Romulan Fleet uniforms.

From what I understand from the patch notes, Klingon, Orion, Lethean, Gorn, and Nausicaan Bridge Officers should be able to use the Fleet Uniform, but Romulan and Reman Bridge Officers are not eligible for this version. If the regular KDF Bridge Officers can't use it, then it is a bug.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your lawyers either an idiot or a con artist.

well, since the layer is the only one who will get paid out of that empty threat ...I'd say he's the latter. :cool:
    edited August 2013

Oh shut up. You don't have a lawyer. You're going to go and fume for being called out, and in a week you'll be back in the game and whining like normal.

Give me a break... Do you seriously believe ANYONE is going to take that threat seriously? I really hope you don't and you posted out of some want to get attention.

If not, have fun having doors slammed in your face, because no lawyer is going to take your even one bit seriously.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

ROFL.

Zen is not a digital currency. Your lawyer is playing you for a fool.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ding Ding Ding Round 1...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Please keep us apprised of the forthcoming legal proceedings. It's been a long summer and many here could use a good laugh at your expense.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You seem to have misunderstood the terms of the ruling. The judge simply ruled that Bitcoin is a form of currency (in this case a security) that can be traded for other forms of currency and was subject to regulation under law. He did not make it legal tender which is an entirely different kettle of fish.

The ruling also meant that the Founder of Bitcoin Savings and Trust could be prosecuted by the US for running a Ponzi scheme, which several Bitcoin operations are debated to be.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    (Goes to the cupboard, and starts tearing into several boxes of "Cracker Jacks")

Where is my Ivy league law degree! They promised one as the toy supprise!
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Every time someone get mad on a videogame forum, he claim he have a lawyer, and will prosecute the game company soon.

That's a lot of lawyers, and not a lot of lawsuits. I wonder what happen everytime.. Oh I know, they doesn't have a lawyer, and there is nothing to prosecute ! I get it !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Man, I was about to watch my favorite netflix series, but this thread is too good to pass up. Ding Ding! I think my popcorn just finished in the microwave. Brb. Man that popcorn smells good!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Every time someone get mad on a videogame forum, he claim he have a lawyer, and will prosecute the game company soon.

That's a lot of lawyers, and not a lot of lawsuits. I wonder what happen everytime.. Oh I know, they doesn't have a lawyer, and there is nothing to prosecute ! I get it !

Wait, don't spread your sarcasme around, yet. Cryptic is still a company, if you fail to understand that, and bound to regulations by the laws where they are settled. Happens that they are settled in the same state as Linden Labs, the mogol of virtual worlds, and ask them how justice is looking against virtual gained and claimed possesions. Your eyes would pop out of your head if you hear what claim they had to pay to an user wherefrom they wouldn't pay out, refund, the virtual arquired wealth of that person. It was, if I recall it well, a figure of above 7 figures in USD. Furthermore, if a person doesn't agree with how things are going with a company, even if it is a gaming company, there is still FTC, Federal Trade Commission, where he can drop annomynous a complaint. Do you still think that the gaming industry is an outlaw world ? Get real.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Wait, don't spread your sarcasme around, yet. Cryptic is still a company, if you fail to understand that, and bound to regulations by the laws where they are settled. Happens that they are settled in the same state as Linden Labs, the mogol of virtual worlds, and ask them how justice is looking against virtual gained and claimed possesions. Your eyes would pop out of your head if you hear what claim they had to pay to an user wherefrom they wouldn't pay out, refund, the virtual arquired wealth of that person. It was, if I recall it well, a figure of above 7 figures in USD. Furthermore, if a person doesn't agree with how things are going with a company, even if it is a gaming company, there is still FTC, Federal Trade Commission, where he can drop annomynous a complaint. Do you still think that the gaming industry is an outlaw world ? Get real.

Now you're just making stuff up. It was a $172,000 settlement *in a class action*, paid out in virtual currency. Furthermore, in both Evans and Bragg, suit was brought over closed accounts. You still have access to your account, you still have access to the uniform, you're just unable to use it in the fashion that you wish.

Also, Linden runs Second Life, a game premised on the ability to convert currency and value in and out of the game. Not at all like STO.

So if you actually bring suit against Cryptic, it'll be fun to watch. Your lawyer. In his new sports car.

But not a lot else will happen.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Now you're just making stuff up.....

heh.

good times....good times. :cool:
    edited August 2013
    I love armchair forum lawyers. It's like giving a handgun to a six-year-old, you don't know how it's gonna end, but you're pretty sure it's gonna make the papers.

Just because this is picking up very slowly...

Are you advocating giving firearms to six year olds in the name of entertainment? :p
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    that made me get cold chills for some reason.....

:eek:
    edited August 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    Just because this is picking up very slowly...

Are you advocating giving firearms to six year olds in the name of entertainment? :p

It apparently works in Louisiana.