test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I question the placement of Singularity Overcharge.

seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Singularity Overcharge forces your weapons to GAIN rather than LOSE power during the firing cycle. For Cannons, it acts as Cannon Rapid Fire in addition; many more pulses than normal. For Beams, it acts as an Overload; only one beam fires during this for increased damage. (Although observation at least doesn't seem to have increased damage at all.).

Now, cannons getting another Rapid Fire is cool. The problem is as an Overload take-off, it's poor for Beams, since the multiplier is usually not worth losing the shots/potential crits of the other Beams, since most beam ships have LOTS of beams. More than this, everyone is running high weapon power at endgame no matter who you are. So the effect is kinda wasted as is.

If the thing showed up on lower-level ships at all, I feel it'd at least see some kind of use, where power isn't as common.

The real question is what would you swap it with, given that Overload is the Tier 5 skill? Jump? Shockwave?
Post edited by seitei1 on

Comments

• Options
    ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Incorrect. When used with beams ALL beams fire a half power Overload. I run with 4 DBB up front on my Scimitar and when I use it ALL the DBBs cycle. You cannot see it because each one fires in sequence on the same beam track so it looks like a long duration overload but believe me each one fires one after the other.