test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some thoughts on new content.

joseph23454joseph23454 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Federation Discussion
I would like to see more usable features and access to mini missions from inside my ship, how about a version of 10 forward to interact with your crew or away team missions that don't have to end in combat. I would enjoy more missions that keep within the spirit of Federation Exploration and Science. How about being able to perform captains duties from my bridge and interact with my command staff to plan away missions from the ready room.
Post edited by joseph23454 on

Comments

• mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree... The interior of your ship has a lot of potential that just isn't utilized. I'd like to see interactions with characters beamed aboard your ship, for one thing, as well as possibly personally going to your ship's science room to analyze something or even head to the crew deck to fend off Klingon (or Borg) boarding parties.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup, I second this request

The TV shows routinely spent more time on the ships than we do in game, I know we have limitations for dialogue, and i don't for one seccond suggest that this would be anything other than time consuming

But i think there would be plenty who will appriciate such an addition
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First thing I want are animated view screens/port windows. It doesn't have to be whats happening in real time space, but maybe something within the sector, such as a nebula or binary star system.

The second thing I hope looked at is the crew members. Maybe give us the ability to customize them abit, such as uniforms? Also hot have your entire crew swarming whatever deck you are on. Honestly, I take a walk in my Kumari and I feel like I'm being flash mobbed for whatever reason.

Our captain quarters could use some sprucing up, such as the ability to decorate it in some fashion. I mean, It's there, why not do something with it. Same can be said with the mess hall. Speaking of mess hall, that goes back to my first point. Animated screens of some sort. Not the static planets or stars flashing by.

Also, as was said above, make your rooms have meaning, instead of doff mission centers. As it stands, your interior doesnt say much about you, cept that you prefer small, medium, or large interiors.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First off, there already is a "Ten Forward/Mess Hall" on the crew deck. It is the room where you set your four wall trophies and the one Floor Trophy.

However, I do second you when you say we need more material/missions that take place on the ship. "Mine Enemy" involves going to the captain's ready room to view files, there could be more stuff to include visiting your ship sickbay(where the selected CMO BOFF can be found), the mess hall, main engineering(Chief Engineer BOFF), and the Science Lab(Science Department Head BOFF could be found).
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let's see...:

Shuttle/small craft-based 'mining' adventure zones to supply an overhauled crafting system. Avoid or fight pirates while navigating through various environmental hazards as you zip around securing resources. Perhaps periodic zone events where you help out a local mining barge by gathering survey data and fending off raiders and/or hostile space lifeforms.

Modular and customizable ship interiors. Change your warp core appearance to look like the defiant or sovereign, etc. Adjust the color palette of your corridors. Upgrade your life support systems to be able to accommodate/gain access to other types of crew/bridge officers. Perhaps accommodating certain races will push you away from others(Andorians or Breen might prefer a colder atomsphere while Gorn would prefer a warmer one). The ability to adjust the standard crew uniform aboard your ship. All this would also open the door for mission rewards and C-store customization items(Romulan "Draped" corridors, Orion interior stuff, etc.).

The ability to launch probes for science-y stuff in exploration clusters. This could allow you to find special encounters - be they combat, the above mentioned resource sites, or whathaveyou. Additionally, perhaps trade in the subsystem targetting for science ships for the ability to launch a combat probe(8km~ directly infront of them) that can give the group better targetting information/accuracy on anything within 3km of the probe. Maybe other kinds of probes that offer the choice to increase crit chance or other weapon mods for the group instead(maybe even unlock special ones through the reputation system). Heck, probes could be part of an entire 'Exploration' reputation that unlocks better probes that allow you to find better/more rewarding sites.
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    According to the rumor mill, expanding on and redesigning ship interiors is already in the works.
  • chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    havokreign wrote: »
    According to the rumor mill, expanding on and redesigning ship interiors is already in the works.

That's been the rumor since Season 0.
    ~Megamind@Sobekeus
  • tetsuotetsuo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I would love to have a better FED ship interior, not just because of the rp value it would bring, but just the sheer nerd value is through the roof. When I first started playing I was so super stoked about the ability to go to my bridge..then I went to my bridge. The word lackluster comes to mind.

A few of my fleet mates and I were talking about this yesterday, we thought if STO gave the tools to build bridges to the community or asked the top Foundry designers to build bridges for them. We would all get what we want rather quickly. Just a thought STO!!!
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All I want is a fishtank with an option for a leopard shark so Rudyard can finally join my crew.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon