test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #39

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Lead Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the fifth Dilithium Mine Featured Project in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As I said on the Facebook Page... enough is enough. It's hard enough for small-ish fleets to get by as is... but this many Dilithium sinks? Christ...
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...are you serious?...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BOOORING.

C'mon, let's hear more about the Voth and the Dyson Sphere.
  • Options
    dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh more dilithium to see dilithium...how many more of these are left? Surely they've run out of ways to present dilithium...oh wait I forgot they could add a giant dilithium monument out side the front door....
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This one is really cool! The crystals "float" up/ side-ways through the light beams, almost like piping. They are in various places around the mine's interior.
    hypl wrote: »
    BOOORING.

C'mon, let's hear more about the Voth and the Dyson Sphere.

In due time, as we get closer to Season 8's release, which is scheduled to occur before the end of the year :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In a word, No.

And now for something completely different......
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope they have some interesting patterns, otherwise this seems too close to the last project we had.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Brandy, no offense, butt you're almost the only one who thinks it's "really cool". :D The 'liffium projects have gone down in popularity a lot. Maybe reducing them to once every two months would be better.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This one is really cool! The crystals "float" up/ side-ways through the light beams, almost like piping. They are in various places around the mine's interior.

In due time, as we get closer to Season 8's release, which is scheduled to occur before the end of the year :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just because you say it's cool doesn't mean it is, This sucks like all the other sinks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Like any of the other optional holding projects, if it doesn't interest you, you don't have to slot it. These cosmetic options exist for fleets who wish to enhance the look of their holdings.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Like any of the other optional holding projects, if it doesn't interest you, you don't have to slot it. These cosmetic options exist for fleets who wish to enhance the look of their holdings.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I think if we had some more exotic and more interesting projects, there would be more positive feedback. Most of the projects I've liked. Other projects just seemed to be a moot point. Like the one where you put crystals outside. We already had a ton of crystals out there. Why did we need more?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I think if we had some more exotic and more interesting projects, there would be more positive feedback. Most of the projects I've liked. Other projects just seemed to be a moot point. Like the one where you put crystals outside. We already had a ton of crystals out there. Why did we need more?

I'll definitely pass the feedback along :) We're always considering ideas on how to make them even better!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Just because you say it's cool doesn't mean it is, This sucks like all the other sinks

It almost seems like low hanging fruit to ask that if their opinion is irrelevant, how do you uphold your claim to Grand Imperial Arbiter of Coolness?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'll definitely pass the feedback along :) We're always considering ideas on how to make them even better!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Somewhat off-topic but if we're discussing passing along feedback. Please pass feedback to the CS team. It's absolutely ridiculous the way tickets are handled.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do we always have to upgrade the place we are? I mean we could have a Dilithium Mine Featured Project that allows for dilithium crystals to be put on our starbases or embassies. Example would be a Dilithium Mine Featured Project that says "update your starbase with a display of dilithium crystals"

I also would love to see one of those pink squid looking things at our embassy on our starbase too.

How about a project for our ships. Dilithium Mine Featured Project features "dilithium crystal trophy for fleet members ships"

Lots to have fun with......
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Useful stuff please!

Target Bouys... let us test out our weapons in that "useless" holodeck and in an area around the starbase.

Useful Vendor Guy ...A vendor that sells (Hypos, Power Cells, etc)

Fleet Doffing: Similiar to the Doffing you can do on the Suliban Freighter... Park X ship outside the Starbases (Oddessey for Feds, Borta (sp?) for the KDF).. let us beam over.. wonder around.. then help X ship by sending our doffs to do "things"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So much wasted potential. You could have used these projects to really differentiate the Fed and KDF mines. Instead it's all the same. And so little for so much.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    we always give you our feedback, but it's not like that there is much attention given towards us players.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Brandon, I think part of the problem is that these are coming way to fast and the starbase and embassy have been forgotten. Small fleets can't keep up with the pace these are coming. When it was once project a month that was perfect, they were far enough apart and alternating between the base and embassy was perfect because it gave the small fleets a chance to get them all. My fleet is so small that, as cool as some of these are, we aren't even able to go inside the mine yet.
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

TBH a lot of the moaning is people would like them but they cost too much.

This has been stated every week they are run.

For some people yes they look nice to have, (mostly), others are meh.

For those in the nice to have lobby, is reduced by the cost... its more than lvl 1 upgrade that provides benefits for a fleet benefits far in advance of 'looks pretty.'
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hi Brandon,

Its not that the projects don't interest me, alot of them look great. But there is just no way ever i will spend 200k Dil on a look pretty, even as nice as they look. You guys really need to drop the cost of these projects imo.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Brandon, I think part of the problem is that these are coming way to fast and the starbase and embassy have been forgotten. Small fleets can't keep up with the pace these are coming. When it was once project a month that was perfect, they were far enough apart and alternating between the base and embassy was perfect because it gave the small fleets a chance to get them all. My fleet is so small that, as cool as some of these are, we aren't even able to go inside the mine yet.

^this.

If I recall it correctly the dilithium mine was intended to HELP small fleets with their projects and finally get their holdings done. Instead, with the speed those special projects come out additionally with up to now 10(!) progression-related projects (3 regular starbase projects + 1 upgrade, 2 regular embassy-projects + 1 upgrade, 2 regular mine-projects + 1 upgrade), I feel like the devs point their fingers at us and say: "Hey, losers, we don't care how far you are, we throw out project #5 to show you how much small fleets SUCK!"

I'm actually afraid of season 8 as it will throw a FOURTH holding at us, with even more projects to feed... the grade of difficulty in fleet progress for small fleets will then increase from "steeply rising" to "impenetratable wall", resulting in a stand-still that will break our fleets' necks.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Like on the other optional holding projects i say it again:

We are interested in those projects. Some of them looks great, but they are to expensive for the short period of two weeks. The last project is not full right now, it is very stressfull.

But all the feedback from us has been ignored by you or by Cryptic. Its a shame. Like many things in that game.

Please lower the costs or the frequence of those projects!!!! Listen to your customers or loose them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i like all the pretties and shines as well

but 200k of dil is nutz for these things

now if it cost like say 25k dil plus other commodities, then that would be a lot more doable
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like on the other optional holding projects i say it again:

We are interested in those projects. Some of them looks great, but they are to expensive for the short period of two weeks. The last project is not full right now, it is very stressfull.

But all the feedback from us has been ignored by you or by Cryptic. Its a shame. Like many things in that game.

Please lower the costs or the frequence of those projects!!!! Losten to your customers.

Never going to happen,nope,ad infinitum on listening.They're time and dil sinks for the masses,it's all about revenue if you hadn't noticed.Sure they look purdy but all that glitters isn't gold... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I hope the next holding is like a Military base/colony inside the Dyson sphere - where you can build different buildings that are functional and the place useable for launching fleet actions or some other type of events for marks and stuff.

now that would be COOL!!
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Too many projects, too fast, that need too many dil.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We have this same conversation each time a new limited time project comes up.

We've had these limited time projects since starbases were released. They've always been 200k dilithium.

Without fail, small fleets complain that these cosmetic effects are too expensive, while Cryptic refuses to acknowledge there's a problem.

Once again, we're having the same exact conversation we've always had about limited time projects. This is a broken record. The feedback to reduce the dilithium costs for these limited time projects have fallen on deaf ears or have straight up been ignored. These dilithium mine 'discounts' for projects are a joke and a thinly-veiled scheme that you have to "spend dilithium to save dilithium".

This conversation will continue every time a new fleet holding is introduced. This grind is a permanent part of Star Trek Online now. Cryptic will not help small fleets out signifigantly. Small fleets will continue to suffer.

The only winning move is not to play.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What about Small Fleets that "wish to enhance the look of their holdings?"

Maybe a Fleet size discount would be in order.

It would make the current Fl337 system more like a Fleet system.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about a project for a Horta hatchery? There's some eggs out there...all alone...

Maybe add some functionality to it so we can make Horta pets that scour the outer surface for dilithium, data samples, particle traces, and other goodies.