test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subspace Integrated Circuit: Soon to be the same or better in PvE!

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
From the Tribble notes:

General
  • Updates have been made to the Subspace Integration Circuit console.

• The damage dealt by the rupture's collapse has been increased by about 25%.
This is a buff to damage, it will now do more damage.

So far, so good!

• The flight speed reduction value has been decreased from -83.33% to -80.00%.
Nothing to worry about here. No real change.

• The flight speed reduction now takes all of a target's resistances into account when calculating the magnitude.

NPCs don't have any real debuff resistances to speak of.

No problem here.

• The "Disable" component has been replaced with a "Weapons Offline" mode, while within the subspace hazard.
"Disable" doesn't really do anything to NPCs. They don't have captain powers, at most they have 1 to 3 BOFF powers.

On the other hand 'Weapons offline' means they are unable to shoot you.

It means their weapons are disabled.

So, this was mostly some improvement and some PvE neutral changes.

The only reason I think people aren't rejoicing is because they don't understand it all.

Well, that's why Uncle Ulti is here to help.

Enjoy.
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, that's why Uncle Ulti is here to help.

LIAR! You are not my 'Uncle Ulti'!

My Uncle Ulti is octopus royalty, thank you very much!
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    wolfdog14wolfdog14 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a few of these, wondering how much I can get for them on the exchange?
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2013
    They're worthless, I'll take 5 for 10000 ec ;-)

This is good to hear and I can now say "HA told you so!" to the disable part being removed due to OPness.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, that's why Uncle Ulti is here to help...
    Hey thanks Uncle Ulti! Maybe you can help me further:

I got a couple of these from boxes the other day, but I don't PvP, so I just set one aside for future consideration and sold the other (Hey wolfdog14, I got about 3.3M EC from the one I sold).

I've read various posts about it, but it's hard to sort out details from between all the PvP vs. PvE rage and discussions about "the baseball" and... well... I'm still a little uncertain of what it even does (I think I'm partially confusing it with some of the other new Elachi gear/effects, too).

So, dear Uncle Ulti, would you mind giving a bit of in-depth play-by-play of how this console works, it's cool down, how it stacks up value-wise to other consoles, Pro-Tips/Warnings on use, etc.

Thanks in advance.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /roles for bluff check

being a pve'er, im real happy they buffed this console! no win and stfs are hard, but this makes them a bit easier to handle, with the damage and the weapons fire disable!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »

Pfft! I eat Octopus as a yummy little appetizer.
    :P

(Yes, that was my dinner.)

I've read various posts about it, but it's hard to sort out details from between all the PvP vs. PvE rage and discussions about "the baseball" and... well... I'm still a little uncertain of what it even does (I think I'm partially confusing it with some of the other new Elachi gear/effects, too).

So, dear Uncle Ulti, would you mind giving a bit of in-depth play-by-play of how this console works, it's cool down, how it stacks up value-wise to other consoles, Pro-Tips/Warnings on use, etc.

Hi Havelock,

Sorry I didn't see this and respond sooner.

The best way to think of this console right now is:

> Works similar to a Grav Well as it will debuff enemy movement.
    > It may be more effective than grav well as it directly debuffs movement speeds, where's as Grav Well applies a negative (or "reverse) "push" effect (pulls inward).
    > Also puts target's weapons offline.
    > Does not do damage over time and instead has a one time explosion of damage to everything in radius once the black hole "collapses" (power expires).

I'm not convinced it's overpowered in PvP anymore, although the actual visual obscurement is kind of huge and should be resisted by skill ranks in starship sensors IMO.

I can't be sure about PvP usage though, as I haven't had it used on me by any very coordinated opponents. I also tend to avoid using this kind of console in PvP personally.

I use it liberally in PvE for stuff like Azure Nebula, ISE, CSE, CE, Mirror Event to increase overall completion speed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ...Hi Havelock,

Sorry I didn't see this and respond sooner...
    No worries Uncle Ulti. I appreciate the info you've provided, thanks! I have a couple more questions... Why are people referring to a "baseball" in relation to this power? What's the cooldown on the power/how often can it be used? Finally, what's the Firing Arc (if any) and Range?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Aww, and you shot that on video just for me. :P

Now excuse me while I go eat my meal of fresh gagh, heart of targ, and bloodwine (circa 2405).
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No worries Uncle Ulti. I appreciate the info you've provided, thanks! I have a couple more questions... Why are people referring to a "baseball" in relation to this power? What's the cooldown on the power/how often can it be used? Finally, what's the Firing Arc (if any) and Range?

1) I think they call it the baseball because its round and there are some vague lines in it. I think it's a silly name.

2) 3 min cd.

3) Firing Arc = 90 degrees, need to double check.

4) Range should be 10km, but I need to double check.

;)

mimey2 wrote: »
    Aww, and you shot that on video just for me. :P

Now excuse me while I go eat my meal of fresh gagh, heart of targ, and bloodwine (circa 2405).

I wish it was that recent, I haven't had dancing octopus since July. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I wish it was that recent, I haven't had dancing octopus since July. :(

Ah, I don't eat much seafood, very nasty allergies I got.

But if I could risk it, I totally would. There's nothing worse than half-dead racht though.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ...answers...
    Cool. Thanks again.