test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to fight an enemy squad among a group of neutral onlookers

schlatnakschlatnak Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Something i learned today while toying around in ground maps on the foundry (I'm sure others figured this out too):

Say you wanna walk thru a city populated by people, as i am trying to do, and you want enemies who will fight you and not attack the crowds:

Okay so i got all the neutral animal squads in a group and they all ignore/attack the same squads. There's no different reaction from, say, Targ and Sehlat. The neutral animals ALL react the same way to each enemy squad.
If you put the Dominion squads among neutral animals they will get wiped out in a feeding frenzy.

The following squads DO NOT interact or fight with neutral squads:

FEDS , KLINGONS, ORIONS, GORN, NAUSICAAN, ROMULAN REPUBLIC, REMAN REPUBLIC & TOS KLINGONS

Sadly, the Borg fight them.
Strangely, Animal squads fight neutral animal squads. Good for Targ-on-Targ action.

Maybe this will help save someone some time.

Regards,
Your friendly neighbourhood Johnny Snowball.
Post edited by schlatnak on

Comments

• Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll make a note of that, i need some neutral lab technicians for a shoot out in the science bay
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm.... IIRC, there's a distinction between NPC contacts and NPC groups. Contacts can't ever get shot at IIRC.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The trick is that so-called "neutral" animals are actually only neutral to Federation and Klingon factions. This actually can be an extreme hindrance in some situations.

I really wish someone would go in and change it so they're neutral to all factions, not just Fed and Klingon. I can't imagine it would be that hard.