test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DEVs I propose a new fleet bonus

darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
My idea is that while in a fleet that is currently leveling their dilithium mine that you get to use a few spare cycles of the refinery to refine more dilithium a day.

Heres what I propose:

Tier 1 Dilithium Mine: Fleet members get to refine an extra 1000 Dilithium a day.
Tier 2 Dilithium Mine: Fleet members get to refine an extra 1500 Dilithium a day
Tier 3 Dilithium Mine: Fleet members get to refine an extra 2000 Dilithium a day

Thus for example a member of a fleet that has a tier 3 dilithium mine can refine a total of 10k Dilithium a day.

I feel that this would give more reasons to join a fleet and more incentive to stay in a fleet that you are in; at the same time giving a bonus that most people would already love to get.

OR

Change the mission that is on the Dilithium mine already to reflect these same values.
Post edited by darkphoxy on

Comments

• elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    darkphoxy wrote: »
    My idea is that while in a fleet that is currently leveling their dilithium mine that you get to use a few spare cycles of the refinery to refine more dilithium a day.

Heres what I propose:

Tier 1 Dilithium Mine: Fleet members get to refine an extra 1000 Dilithium a day.
    Tier 2 Dilithium Mine: Fleet members get to refine an extra 1500 Dilithium a day
    Tier 3 Dilithium Mine: Fleet members get to refine an extra 2000 Dilithium a day

Thus for example a member of a fleet that has a tier 3 dilithium mine can refine a total of 10k Dilithium a day.

I feel that this would give more reasons to join a fleet and more incentive to stay in a fleet that you are in; at the same time giving a bonus that most people would already love to get.

OR

Change the mission that is on the Dilithium mine already to reflect these same values.

Terrible idea. There's already plenty of incentive to be in a fleet.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry to burst your bubble OP, but you can do this already. There's a DOff Contact in T3 Di mines that allows you to refine 500 ore for free. You just have to go there. It's a 5-second DOff mission with the only requirement being 500 Dilithium Ore.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble OP, but you can do this already. There's a DOff Contact in T3 Di mines that allows you to refine 500 ore for free. You just have to go there. It's a 5-second DOff mission with the only requirement being 500 Dilithium Ore.

Actually it is tier 2.

But I agree. Honestly, the biggest issue with the dil mine isn't whether you can get extra dil or not, it's more that it acts as a big grind with some slight discounts to everything as you level it up. Nice for the fleets that can afford it, but those who cannot handle yet another holding are pretty SOL.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.