test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, Please Clarify Regarding Idle Fleet Leader

freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
Can someone from Cryptic please clarify on the following scenarios:

If three people are the maximum rank in a fleet and two of those people do not log on for 30 days, will ANY member of the fleet be able to claim the fleet?

If three people are the maximum rank in a fleet and two of those people do not log on for 30 days, will the third player, who is maximum rank in the fleet, but active, be sufficient to avoid having ANY member of the fleet claim the fleet?

How does this system work? I need specifics and I need them soon, sorry to be hastey. Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The ability to step up has not been changed in the patch notes, only what the new leader can do once they have. So as long as at least one leader remains active, nobody else should be able to step up.
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will once again take this opportunity to ask cryptic to clean up the Fleet system. I requested this Dec of last year. I make the same request today.

To many inactive fleets. The whole system has lost its focus in game. Its turned into one big pyramid scam were the many help the 1 to 3 leaders become super powerful. Its become such a cash cow that Cryptic exploits to earn millions of dollars.
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like u got into some bad groups
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The entire fleet system is a bunch of TRIBBLE if it forces me to deal with complete strangers if I want to buy anything. What's to stop fleet managers from scamming someone? Give them a million and then they kick you out of the fleet before you buy a ship.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Awaiting a reply from Cryptic please...
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just because you ask doesn't mean you'll get one fyi. :P

hevach responded and is correct. Nothing has changed since the idle fleet leader system was put in just what can be done as a new leader using this system.

If 3 people are max level and two don't log in, obviously the third is still in charge as they are max level.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If there are 3 leaders of the same rank, and 2 go idle for 30 days, nothing will happen; even after 180 days.

The new additions only really affect single leader fleets, so you should be ok..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited August 2013
    What every one is saying does make sense. Are there any patch notes regarding this?
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, you'd have to go all the way back to the beginning of Season 6 though. Try checking the archive on the Wiki.

To clarify:

No, nothing changes if you have an active fleet leader, no matter who it is as long as they are max Rank in the fleet.

If ALL of you become inactive for the 180 days then the next person in line will be able to take over the fleet. Whether that person is Rank 1, or Rank 6 it doesn't matter.
    The point is almost moot because 180 days is such a ridiculous length of time that if you were away for that long without logging on even once, it would be safe to assume you probably weren't coming back.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    Yes, you'd have to go all the way back to the beginning of Season 6 though. Try checking the archive on the Wiki.

To clarify:

No, nothing changes if you have an active fleet leader, no matter who it is as long as they are max Rank in the fleet.

If ALL of you become inactive for the 180 days then the next person in line will be able to take over the fleet. Whether that person is Rank 1, or Rank 6 it doesn't matter.
    The point is almost moot because 180 days is such a ridiculous length of time that if you were away for that long without logging on even once, it would be safe to assume you probably weren't coming back.

You'd be surprised. I took command of my fleet when the previous leaders went inactive. Nearly nine months later they came back and started demanding that they be reinstated. needless to say that did not happen.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes people do come back and have a sense of entitlement about how the fleet belongs to them and that it's theft etc. Which is why the system is the way it is and it won't stop the bitterness it just draws it out needlessly.
    Someone who goes away for 6 months and 2 weeks, could still find themselves booted from the fleet they were leader of. They just made the time frame 550% longer which inevitably would paralyse the very fleets that need to have a change in leader because their leader is absent for an extended period.

OP, If something like that is so important to you, you should log on every once in a while and talk to members of the fleet, send an email etc. If you don't because you "have a life/job/family" etc. etc. then you should deal with the result of that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Of course anyone with the unmitigated gall to advocate players exercise personal responsibility instead of blaming the game mechanic and whatever company owns the game in question is a minion of Satan. :P
    I know right... of course we knew that already. Evil laugh :)
  • Options
    smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What gets me is this idea that it is "their" fleet... that they should be in control of it permanently, no matter what...

It is not "YOUR" fleet... it is "OUR" fleet.

If you want it to be YOUR fleet, then you alone go ahead and pay for all of the upgrades and everything else, without any help from the rest of the members.

You don't own the fleet, you're just the one currently in charge, and if you abandon the fleet for 6 months, for whatever reason, then someone else gets to move up to replace you in OUR fleet. (personally, I'd consider 30 days without any kind of communication abandonment, but for the game's purposes, 180 days is extremely generous to give)

If you don't care enough to log in for 180 days, what makes you think you deserve to still be in charge when you come back 181 days later, after TRIBBLE over the rest of your fleetmates?

Yes yes, I know RL things happen from time to time to warrant you being gone for a couple months, but tough t*tt**s... if you can't be here to hold up your end of the deal, you can't be here. Doesn't matter the reasons.

Do the responsible thing and promote someone up to your level to take over if it is a planned absence (like spending 3 months in Africa to put up a cellular network) or (like you're being sentenced tomorrow, and there's a very good chance you're going to have to stay in jail for 4 months) or whatever.

The reasons don't really matter, why you're gone, you're GONE... and you have no right to expect the rest of the members of OUR fleet, to sit on our hands waiting for the possibility that you might come back some day.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is. "YOUR" fleet doesn't exist. It is always "OUR" fleet, you're just the ranking officer, until you're no longer fit to serve in that role.

Just be glad the fleet system doesn't handle promotions like the Klingons do.

-- Smoov

edit: in cases where there are more than one person available who qualify to take over, like 6 people in the next lower rank, instead of immediately handing over control, perhaps a voting system instead so the membership can choose who they trust to be in charge? And, during the voting period, no new members may be added, to prevent someone from stuffing the vote, or only those who were active in the fleet before 30 days before the vote takes place, may vote?