test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - August 14, 2013 (Part 2)

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130803a.7

General:
  • The backend of the mail system has been updated.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool avatar nuff-said

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this fix the problem where the mail icon on the mini map keeps flashing and chiming even though we have NO mail at all? Every time it beeps at me I'm checking my mail out of habit only to find out there is none. :(
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anybody else getting a 527 MB patch with this one???

Seems like an awful lot of stuff for the little bit of patch notes.

(and my Tribble is up to date with last weeks patch)

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The mail backend update might be to fix whatever is broken such that my account is killing the game. About 100 of us got banned because we were breaking the game just by existing, banned until they could fix it that is. Nothing we were doing just something wrong with our account. The theory is that it is mail related because all of us seem to have a lot of mails that were returned in that mass returning of "lost" items.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this fix the problem where the mail icon on the mini map keeps flashing and chiming even though we have NO mail at all? Every time it beeps at me I'm checking my mail out of habit only to find out there is none. :(

Got my answer when I got today's patch. Nope. Mail icon on mini map still blinks and chimes at me when I don't have any mail. This happened 2 weeks ago after the patch for that week. This problem has been on and off since LoR launched. It actually started during closed beta testing of LoR but was fixed before it launched but broke when it launched, got fixed, then broke again, and so on.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ummm, actually, the rare occasion this happens to me, a simple change of map clears it up. Even jumping into a FA/STF will do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"