test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is the compressed cyro launcher?

kirschtkirscht Member Posts: 95 Arc User
I've tried asking in chat but it gets me no where. I need this item for the nukara rep project and can't figure out where/how to get it. It's not part of the breen mission set anyore.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by kirscht on

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Crystalline_Shell

Also there are other versions to the cryo gun in the Nukara store after you open it from that rep system.....cheers!!!
    DUwNP.gif

• brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It used to drop from the elite Tholian requisition packs before Nukara Reputation was added to the game.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hank900hank900 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know for a fact that the launcher was in the boxes that you got for doing the missions. I had them and traded them in for marks and the XII ground set. Now you can turn in Nukara marks for the launcher and upgrade the set from the projects. Hope this helps...
    http://www.1279sto.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hank900 wrote: »
    I know for a fact that the launcher was in the boxes that you got for doing the missions. I had them and traded them in for marks and the XII ground set. Now you can turn in Nukara marks for the launcher and upgrade the set from the projects. Hope this helps...

You can't upgrade the set from the projects. The only way to upgrade it is to spend Lobi on a specific upgrade item from the Lobi Store that was removed when LoR launched. You can purchase the upgraded version from Tier 5 Nukara projects. So if you spent Lobi to upgrade the set, then you have one less thing to purchase.
  • kirschtkirscht Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I go to nukara prime and play those missions where I put on an ev suit and run around shooting tholians until I happen to get one? Does it matter which mission I do or if they're easy or medium?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kirscht wrote: »
    So I go to nukara prime and play those missions where I put on an ev suit and run around shooting tholians until I happen to get one? Does it matter which mission I do or if they're easy or medium?

Doesn't matter which mission you do. Figured by running the Easy and Medium missions twice a day or about 2 hours of work each day during the bonus marks event, a player can get enough Marks to get to Tier 5.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The weapon doesn't drop anymore, the only way to get it's via the Nukara Rep.

The Rep proyect that you're seeing is for people that have the older dropeable version of the weapon, they can exchange it for the new version and some Marks.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another question is why should I do the project to exchange the tholian items for Nukura marks. I have several items of the chrystaline set, mk XI, and they do fine. Running the easy and medium missions gives plenty of marks for the projects.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're not forced to do the project. It's there for people that have the older version (prior to the Nukara Reputation) and want the new one without buying it.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited August 2013
    I'm either confused or I did something wrong. I have this project requiring this weapon, and it doesn't appear that I can cancel the project. So I don't think I can continue with the NSF unless I get a weapon that no longer exits.
    edited August 2013
    I'm either confused or I did something wrong. I have this project requiring this weapon, and it doesn't appear that I can cancel the project. So I don't think I can continue with the NSF unless I get a weapon that no longer exits.[/QU

Found the problem. The problem is that I am stupid. It WAS cancelable, I don't know why I thought it wasn't. So I'm stupid and blind. And the project title I always thought was just a generic thing they made up to call it something. But now that I read it again after you talking about old equipment versions, I see it was not.

Sorry you all wasted your time helping me see what was in front of my face. Course, if you hadn't I'd still be running around trying to fid that gun this time next year!

Thanks again!
  • startrekker22startrekker22 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what do you know, more evidence that THE REP SYSTEM SUCKS
    " I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data