test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Challenge Match Menu

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Getting Tyler Durden going the biggest issue we have had is getting matches started due to self balancing attempts.

It right now we pretty much have to take a role call and take the time to move people around to get the teams we want.

What I would love to request Cryptic takes a bit of time to fix is the manner in which people are listed in the menu.

If the menu was to display Captain Type that would make our life so much easier.

If the menu was to display your current ship type... that would make life much easier as well.

If it could be updated to do both of those things... I would be so very very happy for a year min. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• Options
    zenithnaderzenithnader Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I completely agree - a few simple UI updates would make organising matches easier -
    Just had a match where it was like herding cats getting the information needed to try to balance! :mad:
    Still beat the flawed queue system though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zenith Nader - R.R.W. Nader4President - Tactical Rom KDF
    Hei Qin - I.K.S. Apex Revenant -Tactical KDF
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know it sounds long winded and a magnet for moaning for all those involved, but would it be worth trying to tempt those in the match to try and get on TS? I'm sure BC TS would have space. Not everyone has TS true but i'd say a fair size does. Might make communication easier even if half the group did it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know it sounds long winded and a magnet for moaning for all those involved, but would it be worth trying to tempt those in the match to try and get on TS? I'm sure BC TS would have space. Not everyone has TS true but i'd say a fair size does. Might make communication easier even if half the group did it.

No that's a good point no doubt. Could help for sure.

Still would be nice to see Cryptic take a little bit of time and code something to help us improve the pvp community in the game. Not sure if it would be a lot of work for them to get this done... even captain type would help a ton though if there is issues with the ships.

It seems to me there code on ship type is wonky after they changed the way shuttles worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    zenithnaderzenithnader Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We did use TS today for one of the matches.
    But having a visual representation would just make it so much easier. Even calling out that data verbally is still a lot of data for my puny brain to process - trying to even out spike damage, number of cloaks, sub-nucs, magnitude of heals, durability and other variables is a bit of work. Maybe I should look up procedures on acquiring an eidetic memory.
    Or just let the chips fall where they may ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zenith Nader - R.R.W. Nader4President - Tactical Rom KDF
    Hei Qin - I.K.S. Apex Revenant -Tactical KDF