test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF female options

thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
Is this me .. or why on earth can't the KDF - alien - female wear a skirt? The torn one?
I can't find it anywhere. I seriously hope that KDF - alien- females are not stuck with pants?

Please tell me this is not so.. its unfair. I just made this character level 50 .. and I can't even be female?
Aliens females are females too you know.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is the Warrior Skirt available, but it costs Lobi. Orion Females obviously have more female options, but only if you like lots of skin showing.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, no. I don't want to do that. Being to undressed is not my thing...

Ok, so that skirt is accessible though lobi. Gosh.. I have like no lobis..sighs.. I guess know I will be doing for the next year or so.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this me .. or why on earth can't the KDF - alien - female wear a skirt? The torn one?
    I can't find it anywhere. I seriously hope that KDF - alien- females are not stuck with pants?

Please tell me this is not so.. its unfair. I just made this character level 50 .. and I can't even be female?
    The KDF costumes are limited, no matter the gender or race, however I don't understand how your character can't be a female because she can't wear a skirt. You don't need a skirt to be a female (which is good, considering how many women wear pants nowadays).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,875 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly have you ever seen a Klingon female wear anything but pants? I don't think even B'Elanna...the anti-klingon half klingon was ever seen wearing a skirt or dress.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, so that skirt is accessible though lobi. Gosh.. I have like no lobis..sighs.. I guess know I will be doing for the next year or so.
    Save the Lobi Hunt, I direct you to the exchange. People may have sold the desired uniform packs on there. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Honestly have you ever seen a Klingon female wear anything but pants? I don't think even B'Elanna...the anti-klingon half klingon was ever seen wearing a skirt or dress.

The OP is referring to KDF alien characters.

There are many, many mysteries and inconsistencies to be found within the tailor. The entire costume system has my vote for the next part of the game that needs a rebuild.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree, KDF costume options are a mess, especially the female ones. Like there are boot and hair options available to some races and not others, even between Klingons and Lib Borg Klingons, who should have identical body models. Hair options for female Klingons are basically "dreadlocks" or "none."

I have a female alien who I've made to look like a Klingon/Trill hybrid- ridges and spots. I can put her in a skirt- the Warrior's Skirt, which is laughably the only skirt option for KDF- but there's no option for a Host pattern on the legs.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You mean like this:

http://www.yourprops.com/Lursa-Ch-Rega-Female-Klingon-original-movie-costume-Star-Trek-Deep-Space-Nine-TV-1993-YP64327.html
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »

to be honest I don't remember the duras sisters ever wearing pants.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited August 2013
    to be honest I don't remember the duras sisters ever wearing pants.

That's the point...this is a dress.;)
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah.. and I can't even use merchant on KDF. Something weird happened when I was changing colors. I can't wear any merchant cloths anymore. :/ It broke.
    edited August 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    The OP is referring to KDF alien characters.

There are many, many mysteries and inconsistencies to be found within the tailor. The entire costume system has my vote for the next part of the game that needs a rebuild.

Oh...I missed that. :o

Then yeah...if you don't want pants then your only option is buying a skirt or Orion.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    but why didn't they make Gorn, Nausican, and Lethian Females :(

i wanted a Female Naussie for like evers
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • frostovskifrostovski Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, it might not be exactly what the OP had in mind, but there is a third option. KDF charaters can now wear the "21st Century Formalwear" available from the C-Store, so if you want to go into battle wearing a cocktail dress, you can have that option for the price of 500 zen.
    edited August 2013
    betayuya wrote: »
    but why didn't they make Gorn, Nausican, and Lethian Females :(

i wanted a Female Naussie for like evers

I think it had a lot to do with time (when the game was released the KDF was so unfinished we had to use the Federation transporter effect) and in some cases like the Gorn it's probably because telling males and females apart could actually be impossible.;)
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think it had a lot to do with time (when the game was released the KDF was so unfinished we had to use the Federation transporter effect) and in some cases like the Gorn it's probably because telling males and females apart could actually be impossible.;)

but they could be the ones with the yellowish eyes, and maybe thinner then the other ones, unless they are like asexual and lay eggs or something, then they wouldn't be males either right? :S lol

or maybe the females would be the bulky ones, i dunno, many female reptiles and insects are larger then the males
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

well how can you remember this one or this one
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013

B'Elanna was corrupted by her human heritage so half-Klingons don't really count. Personally, I could care less what someone wears as long as it is not too disturbing like Worf in a tutu. In that case, I would probably try to not laugh out loud and tell him that he should change quickly to something more respectable while out in public.
    edited August 2013
    and the systers and I always like how Grilka dress
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2013

*Cough.* From TOS: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/CoHShingi/STO%20referances/wmplayer2010-09-0908-36-22-77.jpg
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    but they could be the ones with the yellowish eyes, and maybe thinner then the other ones, unless they are like asexual and lay eggs or something, then they wouldn't be males either right? :S lol

or maybe the females would be the bulky ones, i dunno, many female reptiles and insects are larger then the males

Well considering we just celebrated the 3yr anniversary you'd think we could see some more kdf costumes added even via c-store by now. kdf costumes would be a big money maker and might get other people to play kdf as one of the complains often heard from new to kdf players is where are all the clothing options.

no excuse for not having female Gorn, Nausicaans, Lethean in game as the devs gave themselves an workaround in the Deferi arc with "the Preservers seeded all life in this section of the galaxy" which is why everyone shares a similar humanoid body model even, gasp federation saurian females. :rolleyes:

If I can make a female Reman and Pakled why not the others, btw my Pakled tac is darn sexy till you see her face :P so that should not be a reason to not have Lethean, Gorn or Nausicaan females in game.

Pakled Tac 1
    Pakled Tac 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    personally i think of Valkris :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013

Well maybe I was wrong...I don't consider a bathing suit a dress though. :P

Been a long time since I've seen Voyager...TNG is the only thing ever see on tv these days.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    Klingon women are so sexy ... moar outfits now!!!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

she wore a short dress or a skirt everytime she was in offduty clothing. But not on duty because skirts were not standard uniform.
    edited August 2013

There would have been a lot of potential with the Gorn and their sexual demorphism.
    From different head shapes
    http://www.surrey-arg.org.uk/SARG/08000-TheAnimals/SpeciesPages/Grass_Snake/Grass_Snake_Dimorphism.jpg
    to different sizes and body proportions etc.
    http://www.centralnetteddragon.com/S+T_Central_Netted_Dragon_Care_Sheet_files/CND006.jpg

I'd like to think that the really big ones we see walking around the First City are the females.;)

However what I'd actually like to see with the Gorn would be that Cryptic uses the "male" and "female" slot for members of the different Gorn castes.
    The one from TOS was from the warrior caste while the ones we have ingame are (from the description in the STO novel) from the techno caste.
    The latter are slimmer and more agile. This approach would also make the Gorn more alien, something this game could use IMO.
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2013

risa costumes maybe? winter event costumes?
    but you are right none of them have skirt.
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my last experiance with a sexy klingon woman left me with a broken hand and cracked ribs =p
    edited August 2013
    bruccy wrote: »
    my last experiance with a sexy klingon woman left me with a broken hand and cracked ribs =p

reading this pop up a scene from ds9