test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Interior Design

jedispartan4845jedispartan4845 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I know that a Ship Interior Design system is on the books for the future, but this one that I found on Deviantart is the best idea for it I've seen yet, maybe even better than Foundry.

http://ltcmdstarbuck.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Online-Interior-Editor-Proposal-365749082

Credit to LTCMDStarbuck

This design in my opinion is amazing, I would hope that something like this or better could or would be implemented in the future.

I will even go so far to say that if it was a deck by deck cost model where each deck had the 2500 build cap, I'd pay for more decks on the c-store. I know some people aren't interested in this but this, would be great for the RPers or the Ship Lovers.
Post edited by jedispartan4845 on

Comments

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I posted that years ago, back before we had the Foundry. The idea was to come up with a way to handle curved hallways (which would be difficult to arrange on a grid.) It worked by starting a deck with a base asset (the turbolift) and attaching pieces of halls and rooms at each door. Internally it would look like tree chart with the turbolift being the root.

That said, I made this a long time ago and I don't know how well it would fit with current tech, but I'm glad you like it. :)
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Something like that would be most awesome indeed. And considering that I'm quite satisfied with the ship selection my chars have it could be a far better source of income for cryptic from people like me than another new ship release.

A basic model selection and basic limitation for free, additional special models as c-store items, unlockables with certain missions, lockbox, lobistore and reputation system stores.