test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Support the Risian Corvette integration in the Z-Store!

thenewtravelerthenewtraveler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Dear Cryptic-ers,

I have weighed very carefully your... *logic* of the (pre-)scheduled Events and.. I have to say that I find it quite ingenious! :D *However*, I have to propose you the following idea: to give us the possibility of acquiring Lohlunat Pearls in exchange for a *fixed* price in Zen, so that we wouldn't be needed anymore to buy a virtually random number of Master-Keys, namely to open an equally random number of Lockboxes, so that... we might collect enough Lobi Crystals - 50, to be exact! -, to buy 1 (one!) Lohlunat Pearls Bundle Box! O.o
I mean, c'mon, do we have to pay almost 5,000 Zen for a single bundle?! What about those of us who do NOT have enough Dilithium (--> Zen) on them to buy the much needed Lockboxes?! Not to mention that we don't have the time for acquiring those bundles anymore... Tomorrow, it expires anyway.
Now, the Pearls, let's say, could cost us around 40 - 50 Zen coins, while the Corvette... 1,000 - 1,250? :-) Yes, the Event may pass and expire, but then we would have a *real* chance at acquiring what we couldn't during the Event period itself! And such Events, in their whole, would then become a *seasonal* type of entertainment here, but one that wouldn't leave anyone with *grudges and envy* because one could NOT participate in it fully and/or because one could NOT collect enough... 'stuff' for claiming the Big Prize. ^_^ So, please, make the Pearls available via Z-Store, as well as the Risian Corvette itself. For differentiated prices, as suggested before, of course. ^_^
Here, as:
Silviu-the-Medicthenewtraveler) for STF
Irini Serenathetraveler82) for STF
Iren Serenekthetraveler82) for RR
Irhana de Orionisthetraveler82) for KDF
Post edited by thenewtraveler on

Comments

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just to point out...

The pearls box is 5 lobi, not 50.

And I think you're missing the point of the Summer and Winter events.

They're not about a giveaway, or a new kind of ship. They're about getting players into the game. Grind=time. The more players they get into the game at any given time, the better their numbers look, the higher potential they have for people to want to stay in the game, and the better their potential sales get.

They're a kind of advertisement. If they tried to sell the corvette outright, few people would shell out $20-25 for one. I wouldn't.

This way, a few impatient types shell out a lot more than $25 to get one early and a lot of other players are logged on daily for a few weeks and possibly getting hooked on playing STO.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Duly noted, "bluegeek". :) Now, people, as you may very well see/notice, I have just repositioned the comma for the price *I* would be willing to pay for such a starship, so... feel free to leave your input! ^_^
    Here, as:
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To be honest the Corvette is not the best ship out there and is one of the reasons I didnt bother grinding for it or getting the pearls if it was in the z store I would also bypass this ship as there is better ones out there
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clawoforcoclawoforco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While i agree in principle to your suggestion. It does sorta open the floodgates to other requests ...ie: the breen ship from the winter event etc. If Cryptic are planning a rehash of the ships for these event then it is never gonna happen I'm afraid.. but good luck
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, absolutely not, does belong in the C-store. Otherwise I would not have set aside time out of my busy days to perform the actions needed to acquire it, just like the Breen ship from the winter event.

Being able to have a vanity ship with a bit of exclusivity to show 'I was there" is one of the major motivators for a number of players to do these events including myself. If it's not going to generate some envy or grudges, then I don't want it ;)
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    [...] For more enlightened minds and spirits to answer my call. ^_^

Thank you!
    Here, as:
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    clawoforco wrote: »
    While i agree in principle to your suggestion. It does sorta open the floodgates to other requests ...ie: the breen ship from the winter event etc. If Cryptic are planning a rehash of the ships for these event then it is never gonna happen I'm afraid.. but good luck

Pretty much this. Cryptic already said no to putting the Chel'Grett on the C-Store, they aren't going to put the Corvette in there either.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    [...] For more enlightened minds and spirits to answer my call. ^_^

Thank you!

You might be waiting for a loooooong time ;)

Also, I would to comment on the following from your post.
    but then we would have a *real* chance at acquiring what we couldn't during the Event period itself! And such Events, in their whole, would then become a *seasonal* type of entertainment here, but one that wouldn't leave anyone with *grudges and envy* because one could NOT participate in it fully and/or because one could NOT collect enough... 'stuff' for claiming the Big Prize.

You need to understand that Cryptic WANTS people to be envious and hold grudges against those who won "the big prize". Why? Because it'll motivate them to participate in the event next year or any other seasonal events. It has to be accepted that there just some things you can't have due to having missed out on them.

A lot of people were angry they missed out on the TNG season 1 Worf sash that was only available for a couple days during the TNG 25th anniversary event. But did they stick it in the cash shop to appease those people? No.
    As the saying goes, you snooze, you lose.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, absolutely not, does belong in the C-store. Otherwise I would not have set aside time out of my busy days to perform the actions needed to acquire it, just like the Breen ship from the winter event.

Being able to have a vanity ship with a bit of exclusivity to show 'I was there" is one of the major motivators for a number of players to do these events including myself. If it's not going to generate some envy or grudges, then I don't want it ;)

Pretty much agree with this. It's kind of a way to show how long your character has been around in-game. Not too mention, I think it'd highly unfair, for those that were there, and spent the time (or money for lobi), for something, that some one some months later, can just buy out of the C-Store)
    (Now I don't care about generating envy or whatnot, lol):cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was upset when I got mine and saw it was bound. I immediately abandoned the effort on 3 other characters, because I wouldn't have a chance to pawn the 'exclusive' for ludicrous profit down the road.

But I guess that's why it's bound, isn't it :)
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    havokreign wrote: »
    I was upset when I got mine and saw it was bound. I immediately abandoned the effort on 3 other characters, because I wouldn't have a chance to pawn the 'exclusive' for ludicrous profit down the road.

But I guess that's why it's bound, isn't it :)

Future note for you: All special edition things like Winter event/Summer Event, and other Destival type ships, tend to be character-bound. The Kamarag Retrofit/Ambassador Retrofit, and the Breen Chel Grett both were, and I assume the earlier special event ships were as well (Didn't play earlier than the Winter Event of 2012-2013, so not positive).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Special Events are good for the game.

They are fun. They bring in new/returning players. They generate income which supports the game and keeps it around for me to play. :D

Part of what makes the Events special is that they offer items for a limited time. So, I have to agree with the other "unenlightened souls and minds" in this thread. I think there's a good reason for keeping Exclusivity on Vanity items like the Corvette. I would not want it listed as a direct-purchase in the C-Store (and even if I did, I'd expect them to sell it for no less than 2,000 Zen).

I have no problem with offering it again next year, in fact I think it's a fantastic idea! (And it is the plan, as posted several times, most recently here.)

I tend to agree that I wish specific quantities of Lobi could be purchased directly for a set amount, but I get why they randomize it (to make more money) and double-randomize it's use getting things like the Corvette (to make more more money (and help keep the 'vettes Exclusivity, but mostly it's the money)). So really, I'm Oh-Kay with this method because it's good for the company/game.

Sorry Traveler. I just can't get on board with your proposal.

:o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    chemist6lpchemist6lp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    To be honest the Corvette is not the best ship out there and is one of the reasons I didnt bother grinding for it or getting the pearls if it was in the z store I would also bypass this ship as there is better ones out there

Of course it's not the best ship out there, otherwise it wouldn't be free. But it can still be set up to cause hell. The turn rate alone is one of the best in the game and coupled with the inertia and the impulse modifier, it's very hard for others to slow, let alone hold at one place. :)
    Science for the win. / Czechoslovak Fleet 1st Division
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can't support anything that results i my seeing more of them out there. Seems like I'm the only one not in either a Corvette or a Scimitar, these days.

*hugs his fleet defiant*
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dear Cryptic-ers,

I have weighed very carefully your... *logic* of the (pre-)scheduled Events and.. I have to say that I find it quite ingenious! :D *However*, I have to propose you the following idea: to give us the possibility of acquiring Lohlunat Pearls in exchange for a *fixed* price in Zen, so that we wouldn't be needed anymore to buy a virtually random number of Master-Keys, namely to open an equally random number of Lockboxes, so that... we might collect enough Lobi Crystals - 50, to be exact! -, to buy 1 (one!) Lohlunat Pearls Bundle Box! O.o
    I mean, c'mon, do we have to pay almost 5,000 Zen for a single bundle?! What about those of us who do NOT have enough Dilithium (--> Zen) on them to buy the much needed Lockboxes?! Not to mention that we don't have the time for acquiring those bundles anymore... Tomorrow, it expires anyway.
    Now, the Pearls, let's say, could cost us around 40 - 50 Zen coins, while the Corvette... 1,000 - 1,250? :-) Yes, the Event may pass and expire, but then we would have a *real* chance at acquiring what we couldn't during the Event period itself! And such Events, in their whole, would then become a *seasonal* type of entertainment here, but one that wouldn't leave anyone with *grudges and envy* because one could NOT participate in it fully and/or because one could NOT collect enough... 'stuff' for claiming the Big Prize. ^_^ So, please, make the Pearls available via Z-Store, as well as the Risian Corvette itself. For differentiated prices, as suggested before, of course. ^_^

How about NO? If you can't find the time to run the event 25 times (once per day) that's your problem. Those pearl boxes cost 5 lobi not 50.

If they shove the Winter and Summer event ships into the C-Store just to satisfy you whiners why bother having those events at all? Those ships are limited time only for a reason. You don't need them that badly do you?
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Hear, hear.
    I actually agree.

^That is the voice of an oldtime player. "-I've got this shizzle for a reason".

People may call It ungodly greed or whatever, but look at yourself then. Is it that much better with that good 'ole Envy? Mmmmh. I think we'll all burn in the same place so please keep a lid on it, and let people have something individualistic 'stuff' left. Even the titles are fading. :P
    /Floozy
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm...I've got 8 characters, and every one of them has a Risian corvette.

No support for cash-store availability from me. None.

Negative, the pattern is full.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    (...) Won't be forgotten. :) And I have nothing more to say. I had enough of this.
    Here, as:
  • Options
    poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually I have the Risan ship and I would like it to be put in the C-store, possibly as an account wide unlock, that you can only purchase if you have it already.

This way we still have to do the work to get the ship but we don't have to do the absurd grind on every character and our newly created characters can get it at max level.

Note I didn't say "for free".
  • Options
    mrdarko213mrdarko213 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the ship is TRIBBLE i wouldn't buy it
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    (Your support...) Won't be forgotten. :) And I have nothing more to say. I had enough of this.

What support? No one agreed with your idea. I imagine an "enlightened soul" would a bit more of a sport when his idea is rejected.
    Joined August 2009